“Stayed here again and loved it” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ceskobratrska 18/1742, Ostrava 70200, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Ostrava
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Europe
“Stayed here again and loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Had a chance to come back to Ostrava and stayed at the Mercure again after two years since my first visit - and loved it. Had a tiny room on floor 5 (facing the yard) but it was incredibly cosy, quiet and well designed. The staff is nice and helpful all around, the quality of meals is great. Only the parking is not free anymore and if you come later in the evening, it even might be full with nowhere else to park. If you are coming not at busy times, you can book your room at reasonable rates. My favourite part about the hotel is the bedding - the pillows are some of the best ones I have slept on. And there are nowhere to be bought! Will have to take a look at it :-)

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the main street, it will be more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your comments on your recent stay with us at the Mercure Ostrava Center, we are all delighted that you have found the hotel to your expectations and that you had a great time with us and in Ostrava. Regarding to the pillows please contact me directly on H7051-GM@accor.com. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.Vladimir Sic, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Awesome property. I havent expected such a beutifull building in the middle of Ostrava. The accommodation is great, the service as well. Good value for money. Breakfast menu was very good.
The dinner menu could be more creative. The wine sellection is excellent.
I am very satisfied and for Ostrava is this my first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your review on our hotel, we are all pleased at the Mercure Ostrava Center, that you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and in Ostrava. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Its a good place to stay for a business. Helpful staff who are always eager to help. Nice and clean rooms with supportive infrastructure to support your daily needs. Good breakfast, wifi connectivity all across the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest, on behalf of Mercure team I would like to thank you for such a positive feedback which I will communicate to the team. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will be pleased to welcome you again in the future. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
Bridgend
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very nice hotel in a good location close to the city centre. Good value for money. Breakfast menu was ok, no complaints, I found everything I like (English breakfast, fruit bar, cereals etc.). Room was clean and tidy. Complimentary internet access was also a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest, What a pleasure to read these wonderful comments on Tripadvisor and to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us!
I'm very happy that you were satisfied with the prime central location of the hotel and the quality of service. It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again! Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Awesome Hotel! I love the warmth and friendly English speaking staffs. I love the location which it's easy to find the Hotel and Bright Neon signage during the night, cuz' we arrived during the night; that's the first thing we saw! Great location by the green park and short walking distance to Market Square; Great spacious room; a total relax for us! I love the bathroom and very cozy interior! Internet in the room; basically, the room was awesome and room service was efficient; also the food.. Superb! We had a nice breakfast by the window. Everything's awesomeness and you have my definite "Yes" to stay at this Hotel Mercure when I am Ostrava again. Keep up the good work! I shall come to stay the Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Ostrava Center. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Sincerely, Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Earth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Well-designed room with plenty of space. Very clean and well maintained.

Shower had strong pressure and great hot water. They offer both rain and shower head. Shower basket is large enough for soap, shampoo and such.

I had a street-side room - but never heard traffic. They have double windows and this keeps the noise out. Well done!

Both wired and wireless internet - was included in room rate and was perfect. Not a single problem.

Outlets all at the right locations (desktop, bedside, table). They have standard European 2 pin outlets. More hotels need to learn from this.

Room includes: Microwave, coffee maker, robe, slippers.

Breakfast is 12 Euro but was included in my room rate. Good selection of items.
An iron and ironing board and not in the room, but is delivered by housekeeping upon request.

Mini bar has room for your own drinks.

Out the front of hotel to the right there are a few stores to buy soft drinks.

Staff are awesome! Well spoken English and very helpful. Jana at the front desk was always ready to help with a smile - she is a star employee. Find her and you have nothing to worry about.

Without question, my next visit to Ostrava will be to this Mercure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest, What a pleasure to read these lovely comments on Tripadvisor and to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us! On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for affirmative words regarding our staff. Your positive opinion motivates us to perform even better in the future. We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit! Vladimir Sic, General Manager
County Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Thankyou all the staff for a memorable stay. My Daughter and I were treated very well, and all the staff were friendly and helpful, (as are the Czech people generally), its wrong to single out somebody, but Adela and Katerina were very friendly and helpful. We were allocated a room on the top floor opposite the park, and for that we were most grateful. We slept well and my daughter loved the view! I liked the tropical rain shower head in the bathroom.

The Breakfast was really good, with good quality juice, croissants and yoghurt etc, and again staff were friendly and professional.

Bar is good and a small kids play area was well positioned! I had free wifi...and it worked well.

The wellness area was very good indeed. I really enjoyed the gym and my daughter had a cough and so the steam room helped her enormously. I liked the energy drinks touch in the gym, I haven't seen that before in 5* hotels! We liked the relaxation area too.

Lovely Building too, very ornate and well maintained. Easy to find. Absolutely nothing to complain about whatsoever, on the contrary, everything to rave about!

Thanks again Accor, yet again a good experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a park view-it really is pleasant at night!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for leaving these incredible comments on TripAdvisor!
Our goal is indeed to make every guest feel special and important and I am thrilled that the team managed to achieve this level of service. I will certainly not fail to convey your remarks to them.
We all are looking forward to welcome you back to the Hotel Mercure Ostrava Center soon!
Yours sincerely, Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Been to Mercure Ostrava Center? Share your experiences!