“Mercure Ostrava Centrum” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maidstone
“Mercure Ostrava Centrum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed in this Mercure last week. Upon arrival, check in was very efficient, and the room I was allocated was excellent (and for a single, quite a reasonable size). Customer service was excellent throughout - Jana on reception when I checked out was finding trolley bus times, numbers and prices for me whilst also doing my check out. I ate dinner in the evening, again, quality of food was excellent as was the local beer (I forget its name). My only criticism was that I was told to have dinner in the bar, rather than the restaurant - same food, but unfortunately being a bar people are allowed to smoke. On the whole, an excellent hotel, and when I return to Ostrava I will certainly stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the car parking, not facing the main road! These rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,We are very pleased to hear of your stay at the Hotel Mercure Ostrava Center. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we take pride in our hotel and our associates and are delighted to see that reflected in your stay. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back during your next trip to Ostrava. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Hasselt, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'm traveling a lot in Czech Republic and this hotel is by far the best.
Friendly staff. Large and clean rooms. Fast internet. Bed is perfect, maybe the pillow could be a bit larger.
Breakfast is superb with variety of choice.
In short: Very good hotel !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your comments on your recent stay with us at the Mercure Ostrava Center, we are all delighted that you have found the hotel to your expectations and that you had a great time with us and in Ostrava. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Spent there 2 nights at about 100 € each, fair to me for locatin and quality.

Fastest check in ever, clean room and restroom, receptoonists very kind and with a good English level (don't underestimate this aspect!)..

Breakfast is huge, with selection of bred, eggs, jams, fruits (mainly cut but fresh) and sweets.

I did not test the restaurant, whose quality seemed in line with hotel but much more expensive (even private parking is pricy and irrenounceable if you get there by car).

I'd definitely return even with my family (was there for a job trip).

• Stayed February 2013
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Anderson, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Mercure Center hotel several times now and the service just keeps getting better and better. The breakfast is a great way to start your day! The staff is very friendly and you will find that the rooms are very comfortable as well. This is the only place to stay while in Ostrava.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel Mercure Ostrava Center. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with our staff and services. This is going to be shared with them to encourage their further progress. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Around europe for work and I have used many hotels in different states.
In the Czech Republic I am really very good at the Mercury Hotel center, the hotel is pleasant and comfortable the staff were polite and courteous, I feel pampered. The breakfast is very well-stocked, the bar is cozy and the atmosphere is pleasant. The rooms are well appointed and the service is great.
Without doubt the best hotel in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms is OK
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your appreciative comments. Whole our team and I are delighted to know that you had a memorable experience with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back. Warm regards Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel is very nice, staff friendly and helpful. I liked the fitness and the comfortable bed. You feel like at home. The bar and dining area downstairs had an attractive modern style. After my stay, even only 1 day, I am motivated to prefer a stay in one of Mercure hotels when travelling. I can only recommend a stay at Mercure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post this positive comments regarding our hotel Mercure Ostrava Center. I will be sharing the comments with the team, and it will be a great motivation for us to carry on to provide comfortable and qualitative stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.

Been to Mercure Ostrava Center? Share your experiences!