“Modern and sleek Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Modern and sleek Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Spacious and modern rooms with lovely touches and fabulous shower. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast Buffet was good. I had a very quiet room at the back of the hotel.
Great location for the city.
See you soon!

Room Tip: Back away from main road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your appreciative comments. Whole our team and I are delighted to know that you had a memorable experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back. Warm regards Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I'm afraid I wasn't thrilled with this hotel. Upon entering the lobby, we had to wait a while to get someone's attention. The young chap behind the counter must have been straight out of school and although he tried his best to please it all seemed a bit fake. When I asked if he could recommend a restaurant with local cuisine, he could only think of the hotel's own restaurant or a steakhouse (which I might have tried out in the US).
The room was clean & tidy, very average though and nothing particularly stood out (other than a very tiny shower...luckily we are skinny). I used Tripadvisor to find our nearest best restaurant which proved a great success. On the way there in the dark, I felt a little unsafe. We saw 2 policemen who had stopped a gang of kids in a car, then another who was padding someone down for weapons. Perhaps that should reassure me but it didn't. That said, we didn't have time to explore the surroundings in daylight so perhaps that would have swayed us. It was ok for one night as a stop over to get to Auschwitz but I wouldn't rush back to the town or the hotel (only to the restaurant - Moravska Chalupa!) again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I hope that your next trip to Ostrava will be more positive and that we will have opportunity to welcome you again in Mercure Ostrava Center. Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've stayed in one or two hotels in Ostrava but this is the first time I've chosen one in the city centre. It took about 45 mins from the airport by taxi (around 750 crowns) but you can use the bus as a much cheaper form of travel if your on a budget. The hotel is recently refurbished and is about a 1/4 of a mile from the city centre and very convenient for local restaurants and bars. It is set around a square court yard and has ample car parking if you choose to her a car. The rooms are very spacious and extremely well appointed. A small gym and steam room is available and again very well equipped. The bar and restaurant are very comfortable decorated in a contemporary style. The food in the restaurant and breakfast are excellent and quite competitively priced. The reception staff were really helpful and cheery with a welcoming smile and very good English. A little noisy due to the close proximity of the trams but nothing to worry about for sure, I have to say I slept like a log. The TV is also very good with at least 5 English speaking channels from BBC news to films and sport. All in all no real risk if you choose to stay here. I will certainly stop here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for providing your feedback to other travellers. I am very happy reading you enjoyed our hospitality during your stay. I will with pleasure share your feedback with my team. Looking forward to welcoming you soon back to the Mercure Ostrava Center! My best regards from Ostrava Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Prague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Excelent services, very good kitchen, a great re-building of whole hotel with atmosphere of 30-ties of 20th century. You can walk through down town just outside from hotel. Excelent connection to all higways and main streets.
Just use it and enjoy it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. All our team and I are delighted to have such a great feedback from you. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mercure Ostrava Center. Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We´ve spent our after-wedding night in the hotel and we couldn´t choose better place! Bottle of champagne on the house, free room upgrade, romantic setting of the room as well as a personal touch in the form of congrats card on the table. Staff is very professional, breakfast huge and hotel all-over very neat. Highly recommended. Thank you for a day to be remembered.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

first of all we would like to wish you all the love and happiness in the world and congratulations on your marriage! Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. We are delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At Mercure Ostrava Center, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and high standard service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Almeria, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Hi!

I just wanted to underline how the staff at Mercure treated me. I travelled to Ostrava to attend a Research Conference. As it was not a holidays trip I planned nothing (time's gold and I spent it working instead of gathering details on the area, transportation, so on).

As I would arrive late at OSR (Ostrava Airport) I asked the hotel to book taxis (a pick up service) They overdid it, they got excellent prices, they made the charge to my account instead of making me paying cash (foreign currency -not euro- and I was not used to it). Same for the trip back to airport. (This is a detail I liked most).

Once there, the two guys at the desk (night) were 100% polite and not only that, they were really nice. I liked a lot a girl named Katherinska (or something like that) She was, how to say ... like fresh water into the desert. The guy working with her, also was excellent.

When I entered my room, I got impressed, nice room. Well organized. Loved the detail of those sweets on the pillows as a welcome detail. Just one thing to remark on the room: there was a slight smell to tobacco in the toillete; as I guess they have tubes to refresh the air, may be some other guest smoked near by ... it was really low smell as I am a non smoker and quickly realize about this.

In the morning, I went downstairs for breakfast, and guess what. When one of the guys working there served me and saw (computer data) that I was spanish, he switched to spanish and talked to me ... in a neat an clear spanish - he was REALLY polite ... he even served me the coffee .... not having to prepare it by myself. Impressed! If someone at mercure (ostrava) read this, please tell this guy that I really appreciatte his service.

To get oriented with the public transportation, two girls in the desk employed a lot of time helping me. ....

What else to say, this hotel is near of the main streets, no noises, safe, good clerks and service, nice, polite, willing to help, well connected .... good prices, perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms oriented to the church are very quiet and the views are great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guests, thank you for your compliments on our hotel Mercure Ostrava Center. It was certainly pleasure for us to be at your service. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel is situated in the nice old town part, so perfect for wandering around the city. I was there on a business trip, and the facilities were excellent. I didn't get a chance to go to the fitness centre, but it was good apparently. The breakfast buffet has loads of choices from fresh fruit to tasty sausages, lots of bread and pastries etc.
The room was massive, and each room had a nespresso machine! andbig screen TV, minibar, safe and a lovely shower.
It was not cheap, but considering the lovely facilities you can see what you are paying for. Didn't spot the robes and slippers till I was leaving though!
Would defo recommned.

Room Tip: A room facing the front gives a nice view of the city buildings outside
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest, I am glad that you have had an enjoyable stay here with us in Mercure Ostrava Center. We strive to always enhance the quality of service and guest satisfaction, I will pass on to the team your comments, and we hope to see you soon back in our hotel. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.

Been to Mercure Ostrava Center? Share your experiences!