“Amazing value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of U Kroka

U Kroka
Vratislavova 12, Praha 2 | Vysehrad, Prague 128 00, Czech Republic (Praha 2)
+420 775 905 022
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 4,272 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Praha 2
Description: We are non-smoking small family restaurant focused mainly on Czech cuisine. All of our meals are made without any glutamate, dyes, condiments and other preservatives. To flavor dishes we use just salt, pepper and fresh herbs. Come and try! Permanent menu starts at 3pm every weekday. The lunch menu is available from 11am till 3pm until then, but with very limited offer and especially for local people. Regular menu is then available all weekend plus we do weekend specials. Permanent menu starts at 3pm every weekday. The lunch menu is available from 11am till 3pm until then, but with very limited offer and especially for local people. Regular menu is then available all weekend plus we do weekend specials.
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I've found this restaurant via TripAdvisor and figured out that 900 and over people couldn't be possibly all wrong :-) I've booked a table and had a very pleasant evening. The staff is very attentive and polite. The food was gorgeous, including the traditional Misa cake, although we had a little trouble finishing everything because we were so full! Don't miss it...

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Prague
“Excellent unpretentious place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I live in Prague and because of all the great TA reviews I was intrigued to try U Kroka. I have been twice both for Saturday lunch once with a friend and once by myself and on both occasions I really enjoyed my meal with great beer. The staff are personable, friendly, helpful and very professional. This is the kind of restaurant I enjoy because it is very relaxed and as stated above unpretentious. Also excellent value. Even the dessert I had was terrific. Good place to hang out with friends and on Saturdays there were lots of families with children. Not in the center of. Prague but a very easy walk to get there. If you do go on Saturday for lunch the Saturday Farmers Market which is fun is just a short 5 minute walk away.

Visited March 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I went to this restaurant with 4 friends of mine.

This was absolutely the best restaurant that we have been to in Prague! We finally found a restaurant where the food was great, it was reasonable and waiters that smiled and gave us good service :)

Its a bit outside the city senter - but sooo worth it!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Excellent value with great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This little gem truly does deserve its ranking in the trip adviser chart. Its great!
Friendly and efficient staff, in a good location with a varied menu and great food. You cant ask for better then that.
I ordered the Czech staple of svickova na smetane (beef, gravy and bread dumplings) and it was lovely. My first venture into Czech food and I was hooked. To follow I had Palacinky ( pancakes with cream etc), very tasty. A little different batter to UK pancakes but very tasty just the same.
I would highly recommend a visit to this restaurant. Good service and great food at a very reasonable price.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Best dinner we had in Prague!
Cosy modern restaurant offering mainly a selection of traditional Czech dishes with a gourmet touch. All the tastes were absolutely divine, I would highly recommend!
Located far from the old town but definitely worth it - try to combine with an evening walk along the river.. Also - an early booking is advisable!

Visited March 2014