“Good quality czech style restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of U Kroka

U Kroka
Vratislavova 12, Praha 2 | Vysehrad, Prague 128 00, Czech Republic (Praha 2)
+420 775 905 022
Cuisines: Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Praha 2
Description: We are non-smoking small family restaurant focused mainly on Czech cuisine. All of our meals are made without any glutamate, dyes, condiments and other preservatives. To flavor dishes we use just salt, pepper and fresh herbs. Come and try! Permanent menu starts at 3pm every weekday. The lunch menu is available from 11am till 3pm until then, but with very limited offer and especially for local people. Regular menu is then available all weekend plus we do weekend specials. Permanent menu starts at 3pm every weekday. The lunch menu is available from 11am till 3pm until then, but with very limited offer and especially for local people. Regular menu is then available all weekend plus we do weekend specials.
London
“Good quality czech style restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Met some friends here who were in town by coincidence, as they suggested it based on trip advisor reviews. I've been here for work on and off over the last month and been taken to some 'real' czech restaurants and beer halls (and been the only on czech in the place!) and can say that the food here is of a good international standard and features some traditional czech dishes presented in a more international way.

The food was good, the beer excellent, the service pleasant and efficient, the atmosfere fun and relaxed (it's a family friendly place, yet romantic couples and lone diners are not made to feel uncomfortable by screaming kids running about the place), and the prices very reasonable.

Certainly worth the effort, and I'll be going again in the near future.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Horsham
“Not a lover of Czech cuisine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very disappointing after reading so many great reviews.

I didn't realise until eating here - our first restaurant in Prague that the Czech version of goulash and dumplings was not to my taste, having enjoyed it so much in Hungary and also my Austrian mother's version of this dish.

Apart from neither myself nor my partner enjoying the beef and pork stews with potato dumplings and bread dumplings, the place was also badly let down by serving us luke warm soup which had to be returned. Not very gracefully I'm afraid.

On the plus side, the prices were very reasonable and the interor decor and atmosphere were good. Also just round the corner from our hotel.

Maybe the chef was off on this particular Sunday night.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Praha_Tom_H, Owner at U Kroka, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
I'm sorry that you were disappointed when you visit our restaurant. If you do not like the taste of Czech goulash recommend you to try other dishes from our menu.
We look forward to another visit.
“Epic!!!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The location is hard to find because the TA map is wrong but totally worth it. Customer service is superb even for North American standards (beyond belief for Prague standards). Food is excellent and it's a great deal! I've been in Europe for 2 weeks now, eating most of the top recommended restaurants on TA and this is by far the best one. I was so impressed I finally posted my first review here.

Haifa, Israel
“nice, not great....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

U kroka is for some reason ranked very high...service was great but I am sorry to say that the food is mediocre. Yes it is cheap but that doesn't warrant such a high score.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Praha_Tom_H, Owner at U Kroka, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear gilly294
Our restaurant is very busy and I admit that it can happen that something goes wrong. This should not happen and for that I apologize. I recommend everyone to better address the problem immediately at the restaurant. Service will be happy to help you.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A great meal that was very reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We did have a fantastic meal. We shared the sausage with mustard to start, followed by duck and pork knuckle. We also had desert - gnocchi and the Czech curd cake and they were stunning. I had the rose wine by the glass which was very good (3 glasses). The whole meal came to around £35 which we felt was incredibly reasonable for a 3 course meal with plenty of alcohol. The equivalent meal in the UK would have been double. The waitress was also very pleasant. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant. We caught the number 17 tram by the Charles bridge and it was four stops away. Very quick. Probably best to book a table.

• 4 of 5 stars Food