“excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radost FX Restaurant

Radost FX Restaurant
Belehradska 120, Prague 120 00, Czech Republic (Praha 2)
+420 603 193 711
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #259 of 4,272 Restaurants in Prague
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Praha 2
Description: FX CAFE Upon entering Radost you are immediately taken back by the beautiful and cozy design of the Cafe. As you walk you have a full view on your right through large glass windows of the space. It has just recently been redesigned by the house designers for your comfort. The new mood of the space is of an antiquish style full of gold, flowers and crystals. The full menu is served from 11 AM until about midnight in the cafe, and it's NO SMOKING FX LOUNGE If you are looking for a chill out space and a relaxing atmosphere then Radost recommends the Lounge. With dimmed lights, extremely comfortable chairs and sofas in an Oriental style and a bar that offers more than 390 varieties of drinks. Playing a constant mix of international sounds, creating a a great atmosphere in a fully air conditioned space. The full menu is served from 11 AM until the wee hours of the morning. FX GALLERY The gallery is the ,,OLD - NEW" bar of Radost. This part of the restaurant was named so because it once served as an actual gallery for local artists to display their work. The space was actually built for this purpose and was designed so that the functionality suited the artists best. The capacity for seating almost 50 in this space. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings this part of the restaurant has live DJ's, rotating This space can be rented for private parties.
Prague, Czech Republic
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

lovely atmosphere,delicious and fresh food,even vegan options,english speaking staff,absolutely positive

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Czech first
Moscow, Russia
“A cool place to visit for brunch or dinner while in Prague”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Radost or "joy" as it's translated to English. It's been around for many years; they have a music shop, a cafe, a lounge restaurant/bar and a club - all very popular for their own reasons.
For me Radost is the best for brunches on weekends. Once you fall down on those comfy couches in their beautiful lounge, you would not want to get up again. I remember brunching there for 5-6 hours, talking with many friends and ordering more and more coffee and some more tasty food... ah, nice times. The atmosphere is very relaxed.
The food is good, the portions quite big; the service is reasonably fine... not always consistent but they try.
Dinner can be also good there. They have very interesting selection of foods from different parts of the world: Mexican corner, Italian, Middle Eastern, Asian... all food is vegetarian but one can always find something interesting to eat there. I am not a vegetarian nor are any of my friends but we were always satisfied with our choices.
Radost is open late, which is really nice, as sometimes it can be a problem to eat after midnight in Prague.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Tasteless, below average, carelessly reheated, precooked food - a disgrace”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We chose to order takeaway from this vegetarian restaurant, since the non-smoking section closed at 7pm and I didn't want smoke to spoil our meal. We waited a long time, during which I casually observed the bartender lick the end of his knife after cutting limes or lemons, not wash his hands after using the toilet and since there was only a curtain covering the entrance to the kitchen, I noticed one of the cooks poke his finger into one of the dishes he was preparing - maybe to check how much reheating it needed. Not such a good practice for someone responsible for preparing food. I wish I hadn't seen it. I wonder what Ramsay would have said about that.
We paid 440 (about 18 Euros) for the two dishes. Mine was called 'Out of Africa'; described as mixed vegetables in a peanut sauce over jasmine rice. The peas (from a frozen packet), carrots and egg-plant had been previously and separately cooked - steamed or boiled I think, then placed on top of some peanut sauce over the rice. The sauce was ok, but the vegies and rice had no taste. I might have had too great an expectation of something like a beaut fast-cooked Thai type of dish cooked right there in a wok, but was very disappointed. My better half had a baked potato in pesto and cheese. It was a bit better than mine, but generally it was below average compared with meals we've had at other vegetarian restaurants, or any restaurant during our trip for that matter.
Seems to me that this establishment is really a bar that serves precooked, preheated food and that clearly needs to look at its standards of hygiene and the abilities (or lack of) of its kitchen staff. If you're looking for a drink in a quaint, smoky bar that serves very ordinary food, go for it. I think it's a disgrace for an establishment calling itself a vegetarian restaurant.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very unwelcoming”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I came to Radost FX for the first time today. I'd read a lot about it and I was excited as I'm a musician, vegetarian, and lover of cool places. Unfortunately, I had an awful experience with their young brunette barista and a customer in the Radost Lounge. I spent the day enjoying Prague 2, wandering around snapping photos. I was in a very pleasant state of mind entering Radost FX. I am traveling alone so I have my camera to share my experiences with my friends on Facebook, Flickr, etc. Upon entering, the barista and customer at the bar set to laughing at me...perhaps I looked like a tourist, I don't know. The customer said something smug in Czech and she responded to him as if I was the tourist scum of the Earth. I ordered a coffee and asked to use the toilet. She told me where it was and when I came back upstairs, the customer at the bar was smiling at me mockingly. I thanked her for the coffee and she said nothing. I took the coffee to sit down and she acted like I was being rude...I asked before taking a seat "Is it okay that I sit here?" I was very confused as to why I was being treated this way. She said it was okay and the customer laughed and said something in Czech. I was very excited about taking photos of the lounge to tell everyone what a cool place Radost was, but instead I put my camera away, finished my coffee quickly, brought the empty cup back to the bar, paid and left.

Now I know what you might say - how do I know they were talking about me? I was entering your building feeling very happy and in an instant, I felt very unwelcome and insulted. This is the first experience I have had like this in Prague. I can understand why people don't like tourists - they can be rude and loud, but that is not me. If they allow people to be treated like they aren't cool enough to come to their café, soon they won't have to worry because no one will.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bratislava, Slovakia
“great vegan burgers!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Delicious food, but a bit pricey. Beware they dont cook early in the afternoon, so go there in the evening...

• Visited November 2010