“Meh” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Havelska Apartment

Havelska Apartment
You added Havelska Apartment to your Saves list
Havelska Apartment
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Praha 1 - Havelska 29, Prague 140 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Ranked #291 of 565 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Sterling, Virginia
“Meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

You know the old adage, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything"? . . . Well, the location was very convenient, so I suppose I did say something nice. If you need someplace near the Old Town Square and you don't plan on spending much time at all in your room, then this place should suffice.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Business
hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

For the price and location this hotel is unbeatable 2 min walk to old town square close to restaurants and market. rooms were clean and spacious well stocked apartment with stove and fridge. contstruction during the day but not a problem

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

I booked this aprtment through http://www.prague.st/accommodation

This property was owned by a Dr Jan Chleboun. His contact number is +[--]

The room looked down and out. The bath tap from the water heater drips hot water. If you bathe in the evening, you may be short of hot water. This is made worse by the fact that the water was heated once in the morning. Imagine, the hot water was dripping during the day and left you with little hot water for a couple let alone a family with kids.I tried to call this owner Dr Jan but he told me he would fix it very soon. he did not. I bathe in cold water that night when the temperature was 10 deg celcius.

In addition, the whole place look old and run down from the kitchen to the apartment building. To be fair, the location of this apartment is great.

Second, this Dr Jan persuaded me to book a taxi through him and got me to pay him 25 euros for a one way trip back to the airport. I paid him and but on the morning of my departure to the airport, he called me to say that the cab driver is not coming. He himself is out of the country and cannot return me my money. Instead, he said he can arrange another taxi driver to pick me up but at a higher fare of 40 euros.

1. Prague is part of my world tour cities. To live in this apartment with restricted use of hot water during end of Summer / cold snap weather is too much for me to bear, in addition to a dripping bath tap. 2. A mere 25 euros is nothing to both of us as we worked in London. But to be cheated by this person on the day of my departure really irates me alot. I decided to make this posting because I am morally inclined to do so.

K and C , London

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Lack of adequate hot water. Room is run down
  • Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

Wonderful apartments, modernised from the pictures you will see online, we were in room m1 on the mezzanine floor, very clean and a superb location for exploring old town prague. literally a minutes walk from either the old town square or wencelas square! Not much of a view from the room but hey, when do you actually spend time in your room?
Only think I will say is that our friends who also booked the same accommodation with us were moved to another apartment building about 5 minutes walk away... not good when we wanted to spend our trip together!
However the staff were very nice and I would not hesitate to recommend or go back to havelska! Any questions, feel free to ask!

Stayed March 2008
Tehachapi, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

The only thing I can say if that the location is excellent! It's right in the middle of town and within minutes walking distance to the bridge, Old Town and Wencelas Square. There are restaurants and stores all over the place. Maybe it's me because I've checked the reviews on several websites and reviews ranged from 7.5 and up. We had two apartments. One had one bedroom and the other had two bedrooms. There is an elevator but we didn't need to use it. The place is old (to be expected) and wasn't very comfortable. I leaned against the arm of the couch in my parents room and it fell right off. The shower in my room wasn't working properly and water was squirting out where the shower head connects to the handle. The sheets didn't fit our bed and the couch was very hard. When my husband got into his side of the bed, he kind of sank in. We had a terrace which was nice. Construction was going on and it wasn't too much of a problem until they turned the radio on loud so WE all could hear it. My husband looked at me and said, "You've got to be kidding." We had to pay in a different location which was a bit unusual. If it wasn't for that, we wouldn't have found our restaurant for breakfast. We were referred to a restaurant next door and the breakfast was pretty good (except for my dad's flat omlet). Next time I think I'd look around a little more.

Stayed July 2007
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

The hotel boasts a fabulous location a few blocks off the old town Square. It's on a quiet alley/street and is actually in a private apartment building. The unit we stayed in was nothing like the one pictured, it was considerably "less". We were willing to overlook the
very tight bathroom, the minuscule shower and the construction site that is the lobby, stairs and hallway you have to walk through to get to the apartment, but being woke up every morning (sometimes at 6.30 am!) by hammers, saws and loud construction workers yelling back
and forth to each other from the different apartments, was not fun. We complained two mornings in a row and were told the construction was not supposed to be going on, but it was clear by how many apartments were concrete floors and studs for walls that the building would be going on for months to come. Again, the location was great, the service from the airport was on time and very professional but take ear plugs! Oh, and a coffee pot would have been
great.

• Liked — Location!
  • Disliked — The daily construction noise
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple