“Princely Treatment in Prague” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Residence Agnes

You added Hotel Residence Agnes to your Saves list
Hotel Residence Agnes
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hastalska 19 | Prague 1, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Praha 1)   |
Special Offer
Complimentary pick up
Ranked #1 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Birmingham
“Princely Treatment in Prague”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

It has been a while since I left a review on Trip advisor. Since my last review I have been travelling a lot in many countries and stayed in lots of different kinds of hotels but I just kind of fell out of the routine of posting. BUT I have just come back from Residence Agnes and I just have to add my voice to all the other wonderful and well deserved reviews. Residence Agnes, quite simply is exceptional....this is for many reasons but the chief one in my view is the ethos and culture of care, kindness, concern and well judged professional friendliness modelled every single day by Frank and ALL the staff. I travel on my own and often feel a little side lined but not at Residence Agnes where all the guests feel like valued friends straight away. I went out one day and came back wet and weary after a brilliant day sight seeing (and Prague is stunning by the way!) and was met with a smile, a chat and a glass of very good wine and it felt rather like coming home.
The hotel has been restored very stylishly but retains all the charm of cobbles, casement windows and a fabulous lobby which doubles as a kind of very exclusive lounge/residents club where plans are made for dinner, tomorrows sight seeing and transport, and people chat and share experiences over a drink. The staff are generous with their time and make running a four star hotel look really easy!! This generosity of spirit and attention to detail is what makes Residence Agnes quite simply the best hotel I have stayed in.
During my stay I had particular need of help with a distressing issue, but I was supported so well and professionally by the hotel staff that everything was resolved quickly. My problem was prioritised, engaged with, and everyone at the hotel just dropped everything else, made phone calls on my behalf, helped me by offering use of mobile phones and the use of the landline, escorted me to a meeting and gave such great moral support.........just as you would help a friend. This kind of treatment is not the norm for most hotels, but it is what Residence Agnes does terrifically well.
So, if you go the Prague you just have to stay at Residence Agnes (why would you go anywhere else...really??) BUT watch out for those very generous glugs of wine, and the 'killer' espressos on offer!!!! You will just love it all!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
East London, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful 3 days in Prague, made extra special by Hotel Residence Agnes and their staff who were so welcoming and helpful from the time we arrived till even after we left when I discovered that I had left some clothes in the cupboard in our room. They posted my clothes to Lech in Austria where the clothes arrived before we even got there, and at no charge. I highly recommend this place to stay at!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I booked our trip to Prague on a whim & found the beautiful hotel residence Agnes online.
After reading though the excellent reviews we decided to book it & we are so glad we did.
Every review you read praises the hotel staff & Frank, the owner on their fantastic hospitality, and I can see exactly why.
On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly staff member who proceeded to sit us down (with a complimentary glass of wine) to tell us all about where to go & good attractions to visit & it didn't stop there.
Every morning the hotel staff would chat with you whilst you choose from a very impressive breakfast spread, full of fresh meats, fruit, pastries etc (not too intrusively) and would remember everything you had done, to the restaurants you visited. It honestly felt like visiting old friends.
We were very sad to leave hotel Agnes & we truly believe that staying at this hotel improved our trip to Prague 100%, we can not fault a thing..I will be highly recommending this amazing hotel to anyone who is thinking of visiting Prague.

Thank you to Frank & the brilliant staff at the Agnes for making our holiday unforgettable!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel was the best I have ever stayed in, it was unbelievable in terms of service, it's out of this world. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the experience that all the staff here work to give you.

We were met late on a Thursday night at the airport by the driver (complimentary with 3 nights stay), when we arrive at the hotel the receptionist sits us down, offers us cold beers and water (again complimentary) and spends 10-15 minutes going over the map with us, pointing out things we should see and where the hotel is in relation with everything else. When we wanted to buy train tickets to Vienna, Frank (the owner), drives us to the station and comes in with us to help buy the tickets, unbelievable. When we were checking out, Frank again drove us to the station. When we wanted to visit the castle (which is up a bit of a hill), Frank again drove us there. All of this was complimentary and just made our stay that much easier and more enjoyable.

Every time we came back to the hotel we were offered (complimentary) beer, wine or water and they were all very happy to provide recommendations for dinner or sights to see.

The hotel itself has a stunning atrium, with a skylight above. Everything looks very new and the rooms are all spotless with very comfortable beds. The breakfasts are again one of the best hotel buffet breakfast I have had. Usually hot buffets are over cooked, or really greasy, but here everything was cooked fresh and really well done.

The hotel is in a very good location for all the sights, maybe 5-10 minute walk to Old Town Square. It's still in the Old Town, but not in the very busy, loud heart. Within walking distance of everything, but still very quiet. It couldn't have been better.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 405, on the top floor so a sloping ceiling with a view out over the church and incred...
Sherman Oaks, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I arrived at 1:20 PM and were greeted at the airport by a complimentary driver to the hotel (free with 5 night stay). He was great. He pointed out the sights, gave us a quick lesson in Czech. On our arrival we were given a beer and upgraded for some reason. We had room 401 on the top floor. How great is that!! EVERY time we came into the hotel the staff and the manager would ask us if we wanted a beer, glass or wine, water, coffee - all complimentary. They went out of their way to make sure we had no questions. They would always ask if we needed dinner suggestions - Radka and Magdalena were particularly helpful.

On our second day there a woman had her credit card and purse stolen. The owner, Frank, personally drove her to the police station. He gave her his personal cell phone to call the credit card company. She kept saying, "No, that is too expensive. I am calling the UK." Frank said it was no problem. I think that tells you how customer focused the hotel is. (Not a good sentence, but I am OK with it.)

Breakfast was great, always ready before 7:30 AM. It included 7-9 fresh fruits, 5 cheeses, eggs, pancakes, several cereal choices, 3-4 juices, bacon, sausage, 4-5 pastries, 4-5 breads/rolls, salad, tomatoes with mozzarella, yogurt, several coffee choices, tea and much much more.

The room was very large and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever had in a hotel. Because the hotel is not on a busy street it was always quiet. The location was perfect, close to restaurants and sights. I will come back to Prague because the city is wonderful, but also to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: This is a small hotel. Our room was 401 and was very quiet. We took the elevator up the first 3 fl...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The quality of the Residence Agnes is there as you walk through the door. A warm welcome was given and a complementary drink, which is available every evening. The staff are incredibly helpful and will help with restaurant recommendations and book for you. The owner Frank is very personable and chats to all the guests.

We had a bottle of wine to welcome us back after our first day and the room was spotless.

I am writing this half way through our stay. I am completely confident our very positive first impressions will be added to and that this will be a totally memorable and enjoyable stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had a hard time trying to decide on a rating for this hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Agnes but I wish I was able to select a half circle in the rating scale. The hotel itself lacked the additional touches the would tip the scale to excellent such a complimentary water, toiletries, etc. I admit I am comparing to other hotels we stayed at on our trip but that can't be helped. However, the staff is the hotel's best asset. When you arrive the staff sits down with you to recommend tours and explain to location of the hotel in relation to the rest of the city. Each member goes above and beyond to help you enhance your stay. They repeatedly arranged transportation for us which made our short stay in Prague much more productive. I would recommend you stay here if you ever go to Prague. We would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Residence Agnes? Share your experiences!