“When in Prague...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square

You added Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square to your Saves list
Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Katerinska 36, Prague 12000, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Ranked #284 of 663 Hotels in Prague

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Simple and a bit far from the old town city centre. Had to take a metro to reach Palladium the shopping arcade in Prague. Even Metro station is quite a walk. I was glad to first hear that they are giving me a room on top floor but it turned out to be a nightmare. NO WINDOWS IN THE ROOM. Just had a small opening on the roof to see the sky. worst two nights that I ever stayed in a hotel. Please avoid those rooms take a room in lower floors at least you will get a view.

Room Tip: If you like a room on higher floors make sure it has a window. especially in this hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel for roughly 4 days. We went as a party of 4 people and stayed in 2 rooms. They apologised that they could not have room adjacent to one another but could on put us on different floors - this didn't bother us too much. The room was clean but rather small. We found the cushions a little hard, but that was to my preference. There were only 2 towels provided for both washing hands and showering. We did ask for more towels which they obliged to but only for that one day. Our air conditioning system was not working but didn't complain as the room was cool enough. The breakfast was average but plentiful. The staff were accommodating although one of the receptionists did have a torn shirt both around her pits as well as the neck - modern way of cooling down in the hot temperatures I'm guessing. As already mention by previous reviewers, the tram no.22 gets you to most of your places of interest as well as the nearby metro. There is a supermarket around the corner if you ever did decide on buying a wee snack or drink.

Room Tip: Be sure to get your card validated as some cards do not work
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Nothing fancy but for the price, the hotel is basic, clean and right next to the I.P. Pavlova metro, tram and bus stops which gets you into the centre & all main tourist spots quickly and easily, day and night. As others have commented the staff aren't overly helpful / friendly but we found this to be the case in a lot of establishments. It met all our needs and made a great base for our trip.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel has decent size rooms. Typical Ibis, no frills but not inconvenient as well. Good breakfast. Location is good but not at Wenceslas Square which is a 15 minute walk away. However it is still fine. The train station is also close by. Good hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I enjoyed staying in this hotel, mainly because it was very cheap and still provided an excellent service. I travelled with my friend and we stayed in a twin room. Quite small but clean and quiet. Room service every morning and fresh towels in bathroom. The only downside is that it is a walk away from Wenceslas Square so the title is misleading.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stay in this chain of hotels for 2weeks every month for work, I used to stay in best westerns. I thought being a gold card member you got a better service. I found the front desk staff rude beyond belief, I paid extra for a late checkout and had to have an argument with the housekeeping as she kept knocking on my door telling me I had to be out, rather than her go and sort this out downstairs she left it to me, so I ended up staying up and the extra 5 hours I paid for were a waste of money. The room rate I was supposed to pay ended up being more than the amount I had been told via email when booking.
It's not that close to the bars and clubs. There was a nice Irish bar quite local to it, 5 mins walk. All in all a perfect weekend was ruined by some awful customer service. There is no refund showing to my card yet and I am going to Perdue the incorrect charges.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
EvaPaskova, General Manager at Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

I checked very carefully the case in order to have all the relevant information.

I am sorry for the fact, that the chambermaid entered your room and did not know about your late check-out. It was a mistake, which I would like to apologize for.
You mention, that you have not received any compensation, however, I need to point out that the amount was returned to a credit card used for payment on the date of your departure. The Front Office Manager has already sent you a proof of the refund by e-mail, so I hope that you have the amount on the bank account. She even offered extra LeClub points to you as a part of compensation.

Moreover, I would like to express my dissagreement with you statement, that the Front desk staff were rude.
We really appreciate our loyal guests and do our best to make their stay pleasant. However, your behaviour during your stay was quite inappropriate and the receptionist even had to call the security staff to monitor the situation. I don´t think it is necessary to mention the details, but I am sure that you and your friends will remember the situation.

Eva Paskova