“A Decent Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square

You added Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square to your Saves list
Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Katerinska 36 | Praha 2, Prague 12000, Czech Republic (Praha 2)   |
Ranked #240 of 662 Hotels in Prague

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Two minutes walk from the metro or tram stop. No.22 tram for Prague castle. Walking distance to all the main central sights of the city. Good restaurant in hotel and a variety more locally. Slept well!! Very helpful staff.
Dave W. Bristol England.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

EvaPaskova, General Manager at Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about Ibis Wenceslas Square with the TripAdvisor community.

I am pleased to read that you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed the main attractions of the city which are just a stone’s throw away from the hotel.

Furthermore, I am delighted to see that you pointed out our restaurant and our team helpfulness.

Thank you once again for recommending Ibis Wenceslas Square and looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Sabah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I would consider this an ideally situated hotel where you can get anyhere either by foot, trams, metro or buses. I rather go around Prague by foot as you get to see & know more things around. Surroundings & rooms are pleasant, clean and comfortable. However, the bath cubicle was leaking water when I have my shower due to gaps in between the rubber underneath the glass door. It wet almost half the toilet area which was rather uncomfortable and I tried every manner to avoid the water flowing out, and I am the guest. I did inform and somoeone came to try to fix it but it does not help at all.

This hotel would be value for money though it is slightly off the main attraction area. But I am a little surprise with the cold attention by their front-liners (except for a relief receptionists from Novotel by the name of Jan which was much more helpful & friendly). Not sure if that is the standard in Prague, but they have to know that they are very much in service industry and impression by tourist does matter no matter what nationality they come from. I tried to be polite and friendly but got disgruntled replies in return, and I am the guest. It does imply to me that they are not to be disturb for what ever reasons you may have.

Still it does mean that I won't come back to stay in this hotel, its just that as a guest I will probably have to compromise with the above experience and learn their cultural manner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

EvaPaskova, General Manager at Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Furthermore, I took good note of your comments regarding the front office personnel attitude and about the technical problem with the shower. Please rest assured that the necessary actions will be taken.

West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is the 4th Ibis during this vacations and it was fantastic with only two small inconveniences, the restaurant and bar are closed so that you have to use the Novotel facilities. Yes, you get a 10% discount, but it is not the same warm atmosphere. We had also a small problem with a front desk ladies. She was rude when my wife was just trying to see if the coffee machine had also hot chocolate. The shift manager offered to speak to her.
In general, we were again very satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

EvaPaskova, General Manager at Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in Prague and for taking the time to share your positive comments with the TripAdvisor travelers.

I am very glad to read that we gained your trust towards the services delivered by Ibis Wenceslas Square's team and that we managed to meet your expectations.

We took good note of your comment regarding the attitude of one of our Front Desk staff, and your comment has been immediately passed to our Front Office manager for his perusal.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Just back from Prague stayed ere no bar in hotel had to go next door to other hotel if u went a drink no tea/ coffee in room air con was not working in room was very hot heard a few guests complain about this bed was very hard room was very small only 2 English channels on tv and that was the news on both only two bath towels in room between two of use nothing else not even a hand towel only good things were safe box was down stairs and it was free, room was cleaned everyday and we were very close to square and free wifi i won't stay ere again

• Stayed June 2013
EvaPaskova, General Manager at Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Ibis Wenceslas Square during your recent stay in Prague and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you pointed out Ibis's central location, the WI-FI connection and the cleanliness of the rooms.
I am sorry to hear that you have been disappointed with our room facilities and the TV channels list. Your feedback is very valuable to us and please rest assured that I took good note of it.

We really hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

New York City, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square is conveniently located near Wenceslas Square and just across the street from the I.P. Pavlova Metro station. Staff are friendly and eager to please. Breakfast bufet is excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

I am very glad to read that we gained your trust towards the services delivered by Ibis Wenceslas Square's team and that we managed to meet your entire expectations.

Indeed, our hotel’s central location, very close to the main city’s attractions,the varied breakfast buffet and our team's friendliness and professionalism are just a few of the strong points that our hotel offers to its guests.

Looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had a recent stay here for a conference held nearby.
The staff responded to several email queries prior to my stay promptly and efficiently and helped me with transport from the airport.
On arrival, I was warmly welcomed (thanks Simona!) and given a lovely very clean room with a balcony. All staff were helpful throughout my stay and helped me with questions/directions etc.
The hotel is well located. Easily to walk to parts of the city, but also 1 minute walk from the Metro, so great as a base.
Thanks for making my stay in Prague so good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your compliments towards Ibis Wenceslas Square.

I am delighted to read that you pointed out team professionalism and the central location of the hotel.
At Ibis Wenceslas Square guests satisfaction is our main priority and your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our team members. I have already passed your compliments to Simona.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Wenceslas Square on your future trip to Prague.

Ibis-Novotel Wenceslas Square

Been to Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square? Share your experiences!