“Fantastic hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #320 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Yorkshire
“Fantastic hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My sister and I stayed here from the 28th July to the 2nd August. We arrived about 8pm on the Sunday evening to be greeted by name by the polite gentleman on reception. Check in was very quick and we were given room 507 on the top floor.
There is a lift up to the floors which is a little small and creaks a bit but does the job.
First impressions of the room was that it was spacious and clean. We luckily had air conditioning which was a god send as it was very warm. It was simple to operate and very effective.
Managed to connect to the free wi fi in the room and had a good signal all of our break.
After we had a little rest we decided to go explore. We asked the gentleman as the desk for directions which he clearly explained where we had to go. Hotel is a central location so had no need to use any public transport to get around. One exception been we use the number 22 to get up to the castle one day.
Breakfast was buffet style and there was a lot of choice and plenty for everyone.
There was building work going on outside the hotel but it did not interrupt our stay.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and was disappointed to find that Jet 2 are not using this hotel in their new city breaks brochure. We would consider booking directly with the hotel we enjoyed it that much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Christie for 4 nights and had a very pleasant experience. The hotel is located close to public transportation (Tram and Metro), although the closest metro was undergoing construction when we visited in April of 2013 (although the work being done did not disturb us). The staff spoke English and were very friendly. They helped with both directions and restaurant reservations. The hotel also had breakfast included, which was a very nice and well kept buffet with a variety of both hot and cold options. The rooms were clean and housecleaning came daily with no issues. The furniture is a little dated, and the beds were a bit firm, but comfortable enough. There was no pool or fitness center, but the hotel did have free wifi and also had computers available for use. This is not a 4 star hotel with all the trimmings, but a very affordable and convenient option for spending on holiday sightseeing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

To call it a 4-star hotel is a bit of an overstatement. Someone else has been of the same opinion as they crossed out the 4th star using a marker pen on a plaque near the entrance.
This 'someone' was actually right as despite it's good location and high ceiling rooms, I cannot really find too many words of praise.
First of all the rooms are not air-conditioned which with the temperatures of 35C is an issue. A small fan is really not enough. Good that the room is high and not small- you can survive there.
Next comes the customer service: three major faults: 1) the ironing service with the price of 200 Kc ( 8 EUR!) is of no use as they bring the shirt back not really better as they received it. On complaint, they say: The ironing lady did what she could... Be persistent and they will do it properly. 2) then comes the total mess at check out where some part of our group was supposed to get the late check out to be able to stay in rooms till 8 pm when they were leaving for the station but interestingly enough the late check out was offered to people who were catching morning trains 3) and finally I check out before my mate and paid already and when he gave the key card and left - being sure I had paid already, the receptionist actually ran and chased him on the street shouting his name and that he didn't pay.
Fortunately, I was with him and I showed the receipt to which she said : OK and as we looked at her with total disbelief she said:'sorry'.
Finally- breakfast is average at best and the overall impression is: not to go there again.

Room Tip: take any room not facing the street...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went with my mother from 5 till 9 July to hotel Christie in Prague. We went early in the morning to the hotel on Friday, hoping that we could leave luggage before exploring the rest of the city. But surprisingly we could check in already before 11 am. We found that already a good service from the hotel. Then we went to the room, which was nice and modern, just like a hotel room should be. The location of hotel Christie was excellent to explore the rest of Prague. The metro station Narodni Trida seems to be closed due to building activities of the new appartmentr and shopping complex near the hotel. But metro station Mustek is situated in less then 10 minutes from the hotel at Vladislavova. We prefered however to use the metro only from and to the airport and to a flea market outside the city centre, because you could easily walk by yourself to different parts of the city from hotel Christie. A good transport connection is tramway 22 which brings you straight from the hotel to nearby Petrin hill, Prague castle and the Strahov monastery. Then you could also see nice city parts underway and limits climbing to the Prague castle complex.
The hotel breakfast was very good with good choice of breads, with bacon, eggs, cheese and coffee and tea. The most strange thing was that there was also risotto, fries and pasta on the breakfast menu on the mornings we went there. But that was good if the hotel still has some food from the day earlier and don't want to throw away.
The service at hotel was good too. We could leave luggage on departure day at a special luggage room which is locked. There was no problem in conversation in English. And they were helpful to show you the way to different parts of the city.

In general it was a very good stay, nothing to complain about really. Maybe the breakfast was a bit strange, but I understand why they do it at that way. I think 4 stars are justified for the quality, service and facilities of this hotel and think it's a very good hotel for business people and tourists to explore Prague. And I could recommend this hotel to everyone who will visit Prague and want to stay in the city centre and looking for a modern hotel with nice, spacious room and good hotel service.

Room Tip: There is some building activities outside the hotel, but there is not much noise from it
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is in the heart of uptown Praha's (Prague) business and tourist district. You are safe and can walk everywhere to museums, attractions, etc. I was here on business for a week, so I experienced the daily service,including breakfast over a good time period. They have very good maid/concierge/front desk personnel. The breakfast is very good; they even have hot scrambled eggs in their selection.

I do not speak the native language, so I depended on a translator app from Google on my smart phone and the hope that most of the staff spoke some English. There seemed to be some mix-ups when waiting for my cab to leave the hotel, and when I checked in, no one ever told me anything about the meetings setup on premise for the company. But they did arrange the hotel taxi service that went inside the train station to help me buy a ticket to Berlin. The ticket attendant did not speak any English-- thank goodness the hotel taxi driver walked in with me.

The rooms (I stayed in two different ones) and bathrooms were large and spacious and had all amenities needed. The large tubs were nicely kept with shower curtains, but the shower handle only sprayed your whole body if you held the handle yourself, while sitting in the tub. Having a slide pole that allows you to slide the shower handle up far enough to stand in the tub without having to hold the handle or sit in the tub would have been better. As a frequent traveler, I don't want to sit in a tub; I rather shower while standing up in a hotel.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to be in walking distance of museums, attractions, and want a good daily breakfast. The locals endorse this hotel as well!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room ... the bathrooms are bigger, along with the rooms. Ask for a/c, if you will...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

It has good accomodation but the rooms are fairly small. Quiet part of town, no traffic. Near tourist attractions malls museums. Good breakfast. It has 4 stars. I would give it 3 deserved. Kind of pricey but much better location and accomodation than other 4 star hotels in Prague. Visit it (Prague)
Stay here and you'll be satisfied. The historical tram has a stop nearby. Take a tour on it.

Room Tip: It is an old building so for those who are on a family vacation ask for rooms that are linked throug...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Beseda Prague? Share your experiences!