“Beautiful, fun, great location” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Masarykovo nabrezi, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #98 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Poole
“Beautiful, fun, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were spotless and spacious. The shower was fantastic. The only downside was that there were no tea/coffee facilities.

The breakfast was fine, but it was the same every day and the scrambled eggs got cold very quickly.

We ate in the restaurant one night which was fantastic with great service and a lovely view of the river. Our waiter was brilliant.

There was a young girl, with glasses, (sorry we didn't get her name) who worked in the lobby, who was fantastic - very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for her. Other staff could learn from her example.

On the whole we loved it here and would definitely recommend it as a great place to stay.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Botel is very pretty and is different than a normal hotel. Our room faced the river and was snug and cosy with a porthole as the bathroom window. The bedroom had French style doors to let in the breeze. It was very quiet and comfortable though a long walk to the main Prague sights. We had contacted the Botel before arrival as we needed an early checkout on the day of departure. We were emailed straight back and offered a breakfast box that could be picked up at Reception as we departed. Unfortunately the kitchen had forgotten and although the man on reception said they could make one for us within 10 minutes, our taxi was waiting so we had to go. The Botel had also booked the taxi for us and we had been able to check out the previous evening. Apart from the oversight, the service was good and the staff very good.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Decatur, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

There are very few things I can say that AREN'T glowing endorsements for this hotel. The location is perfect - just far enough out of the tourist areas to be quiet, but not too far to be inconvenient. The square is a mere 5 minute walk away, and there are two tram stops virtually in front of the hotel.

The accommodations themselves are close to exemplary - with one very important, and unfortunate detracting factor, which was the only downside to the stay. The room is large, perfectly and elegantly equipped, and the decorations are top-notch. The bathrooms are unusually spacious by European standards, and come complete with anything you may need. The bed is large, super comfortable, and cozy. All-in-all, one could hardly ask for anything more.

So what's the downside? Well, we choose one of the larger cabins, and they are all on the lower floor of the boat. Directly above you is another series of smaller rooms and the hallway of the first floor. As an unfortunate result of this layout, coupled with some questionable sound-insulating work when the boat was made - you hear every single step anyone makes above you.

This resulted in being kept awake way past 2am both nights we were there, and we were awoken promptly at 6am due to the family of Clydesdales staying above us. We never got more than 5 hours of sleep the two nights we were there as a result.

We asked the concierge if there was another room we could move to, and unfortunately they were booked solid. We were stuck, but made the best of it. Had we stayed on the first floor, I am sure we'd have enjoyed a 5-star stay.

Room Tip: Choose the top/upper deck!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

I have to say, I enjoyed my stay in the botel. it was a good location and I walked everywhere -- to the charles bridge (10-15m), prague castle (30m) or to wenceslas sq/old town square (both 20m). there is also a tram stop at the top of the hill, so it's easy to get public transport. the train station is a 25m walk.

the botel itself is made of two separate boats - one is where you check in and the other has the restaurant on the main floor. I stayed in the latter - if I stayed again I might request to stay in the main boat as it looked a wee bit nicer and probably quieter since the restaurant is directly above you in the other boat. that said, it was only noisy during the restaurant's hours (11a-11p), which didn't make much difference to me.

I never ate at the restaurant, but I did have several glasses of wine there, and the waiters were very friendly and made me feel like I was having a drink in my temporary home - for example, when they were closing, because they knew I was staying below, they told me I could stay as long as I wanted. they were fantastic.

the room itself was pretty small, but not claustrophobically tiny. It's exactly like what you'd expect of a room on a boat - lots of wood, small, cute - I had a dockside room (next time I'll ask for a river view), but was fun to watch the swans swim by just a few inches away from the windows. the bathroom was small, but the shower was amazing - great water pressure, rain-shower style. everything was cozy, clean, and compact.

all in all it was a very charming stay, good service, great atmosphere, and pretty good location. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: ask for river view
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Hyvinkaa, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

The hotel wiew was beautyfull, bed was exellent, room was small,but nice and clean.
Only minus comes from breakfast. They did not have gluteinfree bred on breakfast allthough I told about my allergi when I booked hotel.
Explanation why not was, that the cheff does not want to take a risk by offering gluteinfree, because he is not sure if the bread really is gluteinfree. Well.... even in little willages store was gluteinfree bread, why not in big citys stores. I think it was just unprofessional way to treat a customer with allergy.

Room Tip: Lots of ambulancenoice but it did not bother me too much. It is in the city this hotel, so there i...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

What a beutiful idea! Service was invisible, room just got cleaned, when you were'nt looking at it, linen was changed every day, front desk was very helpful and always there. Rooms were spacious, given that we were really in a boat. Do demand a wiev to the river though. Attached to Matylda is Klotylda, another boat with a perfect kitcen and a very good service. Try the duck, it's succulent!

Room Tip: Klotylda with a river view
Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

I was here for a cake and a coffee.
Is a wonderful restaurant, serving excellent, warm and pleasant environment to enjoy a meal or a drink. Is a romantic place for couples.Is definitely a different experience.

I'll come back for sure and maybe I'll check in here.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Botel Matylda? Share your experiences!