We loved it here! Our double room was spacious with contemporary decor whilst the light bar downstairs was always ready with a cold beer. Breakfast was fine but could have had a few more hot dishes. The location was excellent with the city centre in easy walking distance as was the nearest metro link. We would defiantly stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- House At The Three Storks (Dum u Tri Capu) Hotel Prague
- House At The Three Storks (Dum u Tri Capu) Hotel
- House At The 3 Storks (Dum u Tri Capu)
- Hotel At The Three Storks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious design hotel is located in the very heart of the historical centre of Prague near the Charles Bridge and the Old Town as well as all other monuments. It offers a fantastic view of the Prague Castle and the Wallenstein Palace. Enjoy the harmony of the preserved renaissance interior and progressive design by the best Czech architects. All hotel rooms are equipped with unique design furniture, futurist bathrooms, air conditioning with individual controls, LCD television, DVD players with a rich choice of DVDs, high-speed WiFi Internet connection, a desk and a safe deposit. In the renowned Wallenstein pub you can engage in an unforgettable culinary experience. You can also enjoy a cup of coffee or a drink in the cosy lobby bar or the hotel's glass patio. Breakfast is served in the form of a rich hot buffet. An air-conditioned fully equipped conference room for 30 persons is available for conferences, business negotiations and presentations. A limited number of parking places is available directly in front of the hotel. The first mentions of the house, sometimes also called Altmann House or House at the Kings Magi, date back to the 14th century when, in this locality, the Augustinian Order founded the first Monasterial Brewery of St.Thomas. The only reminder of this period preserved until today is a large Gothic cellar. In the first half of the 17th century, the house was reconstructed in the Renaissance style and given the name of House at the Three Storks and a house sign embossed with three storks. Today's appearance of the facade comes from the Classicist reconstruction in 1794 and 1820, when the connection with three neighbouring buildings resulted in the current aspect of the whole house. The facade with the house sign on a stone plaque and the main portal date precisely from this period. In the 1930s, the history of the renowned Wallenstein restaurant, named after famous Czech aristocratic family and frequented by number of well-known personalities, started evolving in this house. The name of the House at the Three Storks has its implication. The stork used to be a carrier of good news and blissful home. We strongly believe that every visit to this house will comply with the Latin saying originally placed under the house sign: "Frustra mundus invidet, quando Deus providet" - "The world envies in vain, when God takes care." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Three Storks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.