“Lovely visit with great service.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Columbo to your Saves list
Columbo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Milicova 15, Prague 130 00, Czech Republic (Praha 3)   |
Ranked #326 of 662 Hotels in Prague
“Lovely visit with great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel Columbo is situated fairly close to the train station and is only a short tram ride away from the centre (but a walkable distance if feeling energetic). Rooms are nice and the owners were very lovely providing a complimentary (and very enjoyable) breakfast, providing us with a map of Prague, and even driving us to meet the airport shuttle.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

This hotel was excellent value for money. Our room was very spacious. The owner took care to provide us with excellent travel and restaurant information.He also kindly offered to give me and my partner a lift to the train station with our rucksacks, which was not expected but very welcomed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Situated in Prague 03, a short walking distance from the centre and the main train station (about 10-15 minutes away) the Hotel Columbo is a really good option if you are looking to balance a budget with striking distance to all of the main attractions (nearest metro station is about 5 minutes walk). The locality offers a range of bars/cafes/restaurants within a few blocks and there are a number of small convenience stores.

My room was on the top floor (no elevator) with distant views of the National Monument...It was clean, tidy and well presented with comfortable twin beds and a small en-suite bathroom. Buffet style breakfasts were served in an annexed area next to the lobby and although choice was somewhat limited they were always fresh and plentiful. There is free WiFi in all areas and a laundry service available (10 euro/250 koruna for wash + dry).

The real value here was the 5 star customer service...Rarely have I stayed in a hotel with such a welcoming and helpful host as the multi-lingual Mr. Kim (South Korean, Japanese, English and Czech spoken). With maps and guide-books at hand he was always ready to offer useful and reliable advice. A bottle of water on arrival and gifts of fruit most days were also very welcome. I was even offered a lift to the train station on the day I checked out, a great example of genuine hospitality as well as outstanding service.

All in all the Columbo has a great deal to recommend it - I would certainly consider staying again if and when I ever come back to Praha, which I hope will be very soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Columbo for a weekend. The hotel is a good 3 Star standard and travel to city center is very easy by tram. What really makes this place special is the service orientation of the owner and staff. The owner took over the place about 2 years ago and does everything to make his guests happy. For example, he drove us to the airport bus in his private BMW for free. You will feel that in this hotel the guest is really valued. I'm a consultant and stay in 5 star hotels regularly, but I hardly every felt that the hotel cares so much about me. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oulu
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I made a booking via booking.com two months before the planned stay. I paid for the stay 5 days before the planned stay, just like they wanted.

When I got to hotel, owner said he has made "a big mistake" and that there is no room for me. I was amazed. The truth is I really wanted to stay there. The owner had booked four-star hotel nearby for me but it's location was worse and they had smaller score in booking.com than Columbo. After my stay on the compensatory hotel I can say that it was just ok and I find that I would have had better time in Columbo.

Because the owner had overbooked his hotel (big mistake, as he said) and I kind of suffered from it I have to give the score "poor" for Columbo. This kind of thing shouldn'n happen when I book via booking.com. I had to tell you this to make you all informed.

Room Tip: Try to even get a room..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have been in Columbo with another couple, and we have received a nice apartment with big kitchen, 2 rooms, bathroom. We could not go in the period, when we originally booked the apartment, but the owner, Mr. Kim was nice and offered us another date (we have payed in advance).
The APARTMENT was new, modern and nicely decorated, we have received a laptop with internet.
The BREAKFAST was good: 2 kind of toasts, jam, butter, salami, ham, 2 kind of cheeses, cereals, vegetables, sausages, cereals, joghurts. Only the orange juice and the coffee was ot good, but I think you can make this compromise on a 3-4 days trip.
The TRAM is very close, the center is about 3 stops away.
SERVICE: Mr. Kim was really nice, he explained how to get to the center, where to buy tickets, gave us a map, offered a restaurant.
PARKING: free in the orange and green zones (up to the hill, end of the street, marked with white line) from 6pm Friday till 8am Monday, then you can park for 7 euros at a guarded parking place 2 tramstops away.
I really recoomend this small and friendly hotel for everyone.

Room Tip: The apartment for 4 people is i another building, 50 meters from the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Small and comfortable hotel located close to the city center. I had a very nice and big room (large TV as well). Hotel is very clean, and beds are very comfortable. Manager and hotel service are hospitable and helpful. The only thing that can be improved are breakfasts. Hotel serves exactly the same things day after day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple