“Good location but nothing exciting” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eurostars Thalia Hotel

You added Eurostars Thalia Hotel to your Saves list
Eurostars Thalia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Narodni Trida 13, Prague 11000, Czech Republic (Praha 1)   |
Ranked #186 of 661 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Good location but nothing exciting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Liked:
* Location is excellent
* Friendly and helpful service
* Free Wifi

Didn't like:
* Breakfast uninspiring
* Rooms pretty basic, but functional. Not a "romantic" or "charming" place, but it does the job

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chard, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are regular visitors to Prague as my partner is Czech. We have stayed in a number of 5 star hotels in Prague and would have no problem recommending this great location City centre hotel. We stayed in room 402 and were pleasantly surprised with this beamed roof space room. Upon entry we had a separate lounge with corner seat lounger, table with 4 chairs and multi media player. The bedroom had everything you expect from a 5* place e.g free wif in room, kettle, safe, hair dryer, fridge, robe & slippers etc. Bathroom was spacious with separate bath & shower. Bed was firm & digitally controlled heating / ac, made for a great nights sleep as we were away from any noise. On the down side, there was no pool or sauna/steam-room. If you are arriving by car (like us) there was no free roadside parking around the hotel, so we had to use the hotels underground parking at €24 for 24hrs. This was limited to about 8 parking spaces and if full there is a nearby multi storey. Walk to Charles Bridge is 5 minutes from here, but if you plan to pass the Hemingway bar on route (highly recommend) it might take a couple of hours to reach Charles Bridge. Really enjoyed this hotel and as we slowly make our way through Prague's 5* hotels! I can see us returning here.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my second time in Eurostars Thalia in one month. I love their rooms. They are quite spacious, very clean and comfortable. The check-in and check-out are smooth and they offer a good breakfast every morning. I have never tried their buffet dinner, so I can't comment on that. And, the price is really good.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Patong, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Weekend in Prague couldn't be better. Smooth check in, top floor, clean, spacious room with comfortable bed and large window. I liked the style of lobby lounge - wood, lighting, complete set-up. Breakfast restaurant was dark, but with large variety - all i needed was there. Friendly staff and location of the hotel makes this experience as excellent.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Because a friend mine was studying in Prague for 6 months, I decided together with my bf, to pay this beautiful city a visit. We flew to Prague Airport and from there, we took the bus/metro to the hotel. The hotel is literally a stones throw away from several public transport points.

The entrance of the hotel is very majestic, right on a busy road in the center of the city. The reception looks good, with a nice lounge. But once you walk further into the building, the atmosphere is a bit different. The central hallway feels a bit 'cold' and not at all like the reception area.

We were welcomed by the staff and after we were given our key, we were off to our room. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of it Very big for a city center hotel (compared to New York or Rome for instance). Our room was on the street-side of the hotel, but we didn't have any complaints about the noise. The bathroom was just as roomy, with a separate shower and bath.

After our first night, we did have some problems finding the breakfast buffet. We had to go down the stairs, through the central hallway (to another stairs) and then down to the basement. They put signs out, to guide us to the restaurant, but we still had problems finding it. The buffet was very nice, as was the staff that greeted us. There was lots of choice. I think it will suffice everybody's needs.

The hotel is located on an ideal location for people who are going on a city trip. You can easily walk to the old central square, or up to the castle. We were actually quite surprised how 'small' the center of Prague is. We certainly enjoyed ourselfs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Strasbourg, Alsace, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

Everything was great about this hotel. Fresh rich breakfast, good size rooms, clean, elegant excellent location. BUT the day I returned home, I realized that my purse has been emptied of 200 euros . The only time I left my purse in my bag unattended, was during the 1 hour we went for breakfast. I made the mistake of not locking it in my suitcase despite warnings from others. A cleaning lady entered twice in the room without knocking on the door and when she saw us in the room , quickly said " sorry sorry" and left. The same thing happened to the friends we went with. I wrote to the manager who kindly answered immediately. He said he reviewed the situation and the housekeeper saw on the system that no one had entered in the room while we were away for breakfast. He didn't say anything about the entrance to the room while we were inside. I had heard that Prague is among the top places for pickpockets and didn't want to believe it. It's a sour aftertaste to such a beautiful place.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

We've chosen this hotel in our Wonderbox catalogue. Frankly speaking, we were afraid that it would be a trap. A 5 star horel in the city centre in Wonderbox?.. Being ready for a bad surprise, we discovered that the room was the same as on the hotel's web-site. Modern, spacious, comforrable. Breakfast was delicious: a wide choice of salty and sweet things.
Good service.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Eurostars Thalia Hotel? Share your experiences!