“Great hotel within easy reach from city center” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Prague City

You added Clarion Hotel Prague City to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Prague City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tylovo Namesti 15/3 | near Wenceslas Square, Prague 120 00, Czech Republic (Praha 2)   |
Ranked #80 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great hotel within easy reach from city center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I only stayed 2 nights in the hotel, but it already made a good impression on me. I had a special voucher, so had a very good deal on the room price with free bottle of water and we have also received some fruits, which I absolutely loved as cames as a surprise.
Staff was extremely friendly, though at breakfast I think too many people work in a small area as found myself in the awkward moment of staff keep watching us and still chewing my food when my plate was already taken away....and also wanted to have another round of the delicious buffet, so had to take a new plate. :-) The breakfast was a wide range of fruits, pastries, cold and warm meat, eggs, cheese etc. Both mornings it was a little different, I didnt feel that they didnt make the effort for a various breakfast.
Very near to city center and also to underground, so if you tired of all day walking, you can jump on the underground for 1 euro and get to the hotel very quickly.
The room was neat, nice and clean. Bathroom is new with a big bath. The room temperature was warm and could also change it manually. Though the heating was provided by the air conditioning, it meant the fan was going on all night and personally I am a really bed sleeper, so made my nights rough. Also was not happy with the mattress as both of us woke up with a back pain on both mornings.
The room was overlooking to another house, so the view was quite interesting, could see local people using their windows as a fridge.
They provide free wifi in the room which I always use and really appreciate the service, but unfortunately not always worked, had to figure out which spots of the room I can use it and still it get disconnected in every 10 mins.
Overall I only found minor issues, really enjoyed my pleasent stay, the city was also fabulous, so would definitely recommend this destination and hotel to others!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our Hotel.
I am delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with quality of our hotel and service. Your kind comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.
We sincerely value all guest comments and I appreciate that you have taken the time to highlight the areas where you felt could have been improved from your recent stay.
We do hope you will return to Prague in the near future and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Clarion Hotel Prague City****.
Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

We booked a last minute trip over Thanksgiving thru GoToday and did not chose this hotel ourselves. The hotel is very good, 4 star. The location is close to the IP Pavlova Metro stop and an easy walk to Wenceslas Square. However, I do not encourage anyone to walk through the park at night, or to stray far from the hotel area after dark unless you're taking the metro. There is a wonderful bakery on the corner as you exit the metro station! The hotel is very clean and offers nice amenities: plenty of towels, soaps, shampoo, etc. although a small wash cloth would be appreciated. Hot pot, tea and coffee in the room. A very nice breakfast from 6:30 AM to 10:30 was included. The keyed elevator is a great safety feature. The only computer is a laptop on a pedestal in the lobby, but I was always able to use it at my convenience. The staff was very professional and friendly, always available and very helpful. i.e. left my pen in the lobby, it was returned to me, and when I wanted some black tea bags, the clerk found some for me, Peter was exceptional. with Internet help, directions, language, etc. My only complaint...although the room was lovely, nicely decorated and comfortable, it was way too hot to sleep and the windows cannot be opened. We shut down the heat which helped a little. Overall a thumbs up experience!

Room Tip: Windows are locked so street noise is not a problem.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that your holiday continues to remain such a fond memory for you.
I would also like to thank you for your kind recognition of our colleagues, who have looked after you during your stay. I am sure that the team will be thrilled to receive your glowing feedback.
I would like to inform you also that windows to the Tyl square can not be opened for security reasons. Room temperature can be adjusted by guests manually.
Once again, thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor and recommending our Hotel. I look very much forward to welcoming you back to Clarion Hotel Prague City****, hopefully in the very near future.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This was my 7th trip to Prague and this was clearly the best hotel I have stayed in while in the Czech Republic. I used Choice Hotel Points (only 8000 per night) for my stay. Some major points worth sharing regarding this hotel...
First of all, the location is excellent. You are less than a block from IP Pavlova metro stop and also right near some very useful tram lines. This allows you to get to all portions of the city in a very short period of time.
The staff is nothing short of awesome. Polite and all seem to speak English very well. They were happy to hold my luggage while I traveled out of the city overnight. I was even surprised when they referred to me by name on occasion.
Breakfast was also very nice. Plenty to choose from (hot and cold). Sausages, sliced meat, bacon, breads, fruit, etc - all very nice.
The room itself was nice as well. Most interesting on the TV (not that you are there for that) was Russian News in English. Kind of interesting to watch. Room also very clean.
One other item I thought was small but useful was a wall that had a one page news report from different countries. This was updated daily - pretty neat idea.
Plenty of food options in the area at reasonable prices
Great experience at this hotel and would not consider any other hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share such a complimenting review of your stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. I am happy to note that you had fantastic time, enjoyed our delightful breakfasts and had a pleasant stay in our rooms. Thank you also for complimenting our level of service extended to you by our colleagues who are dedicated in making your stay comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Thank you for making Clarion Hotel Prague City**** your destination of choice. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sincerela,
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed in the Clarion Hotel Prague City for 3 nights and couldn't find a bad word to say about the place. Starting with the staff on reception who couldn't have been more helpful booking tours and taxis for us, providing a change service for us, printing off our boarding passes. The hotel rooms were lovely and spacious. Very clean and comfortable, a great sized room. The breakfast buffet was lovely. Only a 20 minute walk from the Old Town and even closer to Wenceslas Square, so a lovely stroll to work up an appetite for dinner. Very close to Metro stations and Tram stops, I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough for some one heading to Prague!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am most greatful for your kind acknowledgement of our warm and professional staff, location, food and personalized level of service extended to you by our colleagues on all occasions.

Once again, thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor, we certainly look very much forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yerevan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We spent at the hotel 4 nights and it was amazing. I have already been to Prague in the past but I can honestly say that this was the best stay. The rooms of the hotel were very tidy and clean. The staff were very polite and friendly, they could not have been more helpful. We took only breakfast and it was very fresh and tasty. The hotel is also near the city center so you can just walk there. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Guest,
it is with great pleasure to read your very kind review of your first stay to Clarion Hotel Prague City****. I am very pleased that we were able to make your trip an amaizing and fond experience. I am happy that you find our rooms comfortable our level of service superb and our staff very warm and friendly.
Thank you for highly recommending our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming your return in the very near future.

Yerevan, Armenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I've never written a review before and I have been to many places and always check tripadvisor for some advice but this time I felt the need to write about this hotel as I thought and so did because it was fantastic. This was my first visit to Prague and I decided to stay at Clarion Hotel Prague City as I found the price very reasonable. The hotel is well presented, staff polite and helpfull and spoke very good english. The rooms were big and so was bathroom and very very clean. Everything you need is around the hotel. The metro is just in the corner, the hotel is only 1 stop to the center. We walked too and only took us 10 minutes. We ate there one night too and the food was very nice and at a reasonable price. I would highly reccomend this place to anyone traveling to Prague, families, couples and single. Thank you Clarion City for making our stay at Prague unforgetable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear Guest,
I am most grateful for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to read that you had wonderful experience with us. I am truely delighted to note your kind compliments of our facilities, service standards and our efforts to ensure you fantastic and memorable holiday.
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your personal experience and for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.
We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I had my vacation at Clarion hotel with my family. It was pleasure to stay in that hotel. Everything was an expellant- service, food, room. We lick location too. Was very easy walk to Wenceslas Square and the old city center. I recommend this hotel to everyone.
Defiantly next time I will stay in that hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TroAdvisor. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****.
Thank you for indicating that you will be returning to stay in our Hotel. Along with my team, we certainly look forward to this opportunity and to welcoming your return in the very near future.

Hotel Director

Been to Clarion Hotel Prague City? Share your experiences!