“Clean, comfortable, in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Czech Inn

Save Saved
You added Czech Inn to your Saves list
Czech Inn
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Francouzska 76, Prague 101 00 , Czech Republic (Praha 10)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #23 of 381 Specialty lodging in Prague
Sao Paulo, SP
“Clean, comfortable, in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I can't complain anything about it.
Very comfortable, provides a good bed and wifi.
Location is good with a very convenient tram very close to it.
Staff is very helpful.
Price is great.
I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Chris S, Owner at Czech Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear AndreChaves,

Thank you for staying with us at Czech Inn! We're happy you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your kind feedback. Please come back and visit us again!

Regards,

Chris

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

The staff are awesome; there was a new person at reception pretty much every day but that didn't affect the service. The staff helped me with planning day trip and to book the next destination. I stayed there for 6 nights in total. I explored Prague, especially New Town (where the hostel is based) after one of the receptionist at Czech Inn advised me on where to go in the area. New Town has so much more to offer in terms of delicious and very cheap food and alcohol. Don't stick to Old Town (tourist infected), venture into new town and benefit from great customer service in bars and restaurants. I made new friends in the basement bar and in the dorm, which was a bonus.
The dorms were clean enough, I was staying in a 10-bed female dorm and it was cleaned regularly but of course not everyone was tidy.
I can't recommend Czech Inn enough! I wish all hostels were like Czech Inn

• Stayed December 2013
Keswick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

6 of us travelled to Prague for a 4 day break. We had booked the sister hostel closer to the centre however due to changes within the chain we were moved. Intially we were considering changing hostels however after one of our party made some enquiries we were assured that we would be as happy here and we were given an appartment rather than a dorm for our exclusive use. Our fears were unfounded. This hostel - or as others have commented - hotel! - is excellent. Our apartment (Room 303) slept 5 in one room and the couch in the lounge/dinner/kitchen was made up as the 6th bed. We opted to use a bed we found in the 'wardrobe' (if you get this apartment you'll understand!) and keep the main area free so we could all use it. Worked really well for us. A couple of supermarkets outside provide all the basic needs if you are planning a few drinks and maybe breakfast in the room as we did. However we also tried the breakfast offered by the hostel - really good value and lots of options.

We asked the reception team a steady stream of questions over the 4 days - everyone we dealt with were friendly and helpful. If there is an absolute MUST - it's the free walking tour that is offered. Our guide was Veronica - she was absolutely fantastic and we ended up spending over 3 hours with her. The guides earn their money by the tips you leave at the end of the tour. We asked an independent person how much we should tip if the tour was good and were advised that 50 to 100 chk is usual. We tipped 100 each (about £3) and you'd be hard pressed to find better value for money. The reception team also offered recommendations for restaurants, view points, travel options and entertainment. They were great, nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

There is a tram stop just outside the hostel. The no 22 covers most areas you'll want to get to but Prague isn't a huge city (for the tourist bits) and we often walked too as there is so much architecture. Although not in the centre, the transport links are great - in less than 15 mins you'll be in the old town or Wenceslas Square or to Vltava River (for a few minutes walk to Charles Bridge).

There was a club in the basement and one night the music was really loud, however it didn't worry us too much and we all managed to sleep. We did mean to use the bar for a drink but never made it back in time! All in all, great hostel, great staff, great location - I would definitely stop there again :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors will be quieter - there is a tram that runs most of the night and a club...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I cannot rate this place enough. for the price: the location, service, cleanliness and general experience was second to non. one of the best (by far) hostels I have ever stayed in. highly recommend to anyone wanting to visit Prague. The visit was 2 20-somethings looking for a nice experience of the city. Made so much better by the accommodation,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My last stop and hostel in Europe and it was by far the best.
I have absolutely no complaints about this hostel, which was really more of a hotel..
My friend and I stayed in a twin/double room with a bathroom and it was gorgeous.
Staff were friendly, the location is brilliant, good security and nice vibe.
The organised walking tours and pub crawl are such good fun.
Also, the showers are glorious.
Thanks very much!! :)

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Staff was friendly, attentive and offered great suggestions for what to do in the city. Cleaning service kept everything clean and the basement bar was busy, even in off season. I didn't have to go far for a morning cup of coffee and everyone answered ALL of my questions with a smile.

• Stayed December 2013
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is the strangest review and rating I've ever had to give.

Everything about this hostel, except one thing, screams Excellent but that one thing brings it down to a Terrible. Which has never happened to me before anywhere in the world.

As many other reviewers have said this hostel is a hotel in everything but name. The location, price, customer service and room amenities and comfort are top notch. My first night was glorious. I was like the cat that got the cream. Well, the cat that got the £25/night private en-suite room.

Then I came home at 11pm on my second night, a Friday, and the place had turned into a rave. I mean literally there was a rave in the basement and the lobby had turned into a cloakroom and chill out area.

I didn't think this would be a problem as I'd got back to my (top floor) room and not be able to hear the music. But I could. And it was loud. Make-out-some-of-the-songs kind of volume. (God alone knows what it was like for people on lower floors.) And it got louder as the night went on keeping me awake until I don't know when but late enough to leave me feeling awful the next morning.

Now you could say I'm being prudish. That I shouldn't stay in a youth hostel. I even told myself to stop being such as old man. (And, by the way, I'm not an old man and on plenty of other occasions would have joined the party!) But then I thought, no, a hostel is first and foremost a facility providing a room and bed for a night's sleep. The least one can expect is the opportunity to not be kept awake by a nightclub.

If it was next door to a nightclub, fine. But this is in the building run by the hostel. And that is simply not good enough.

I would advise anyone wanting to stay here who doesn't want to be kept awake by a rave that you look into which nights the club runs and avoid those. Do that and the Czech Inn is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Czech Inn? Share your experiences!