“What a great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague

You added Mandarin Oriental, Prague to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nebovidska 459/1 | Mala Strana, Prague 11800, Czech Republic (Mala Strana (Little Quarter))   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #26 of 662 Hotels in Prague
mumbai
“What a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had gone with my family which consisted of a baby of 2 years old also and we had the most memorable time in this hotel.

it is a very quaint little hote( just like the city!) tucked away in one of the many lanes of the city.

the concierge was exceptionally good and we had a great meal whenever we asked them for suggestions.

they took care of al the baby needs also very nicely.

they were quite tolerant of our reaching for breakfast nearly at the end of the time and gave us good vegetarian options. they made some dishes specially for us for breakfast.

I would indeed love to go back here :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

You and your family of three made an excellent choice staying at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. It was a real pleasure having you as our guests. Thank you for highlighting our hotel’s wonderful and serene location, attentive and professional service of my colleagues and our delicious vegetarian menu options.

We were delighted to make yours and your family’s stay exceptional and look forward to welcoming you back in our ‘little jewel’ soon.

Werner Anzinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Asbury Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I want to thank the staff for a great vacation, especially Gilles and Pavel who worked the concierge desk. They planned our schedule each day and it was perfect.Rooms were comfortable with great bath products in them. Great location. I had a service in the spa that was fantastic! Grat bar area.

Beautiful property

Room Tip: Melon ball martinis at the bar!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay at our “little jewel”. Our concierges Gilles and Pavel were thrilled to make your stay exceptional and honored by your generous compliments.

Again, thank you for highlighting how much you had enjoyed your stay including the attentive service, superior rooms and excellent location.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Prague.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The Mandarin Oriental was Excellent on all counts. The people were so friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and spa was outstanding. The restaurants that the concierge recommended in town were all excellent and the directions perfect!
The workout facilities were very adequate and equipment was new. The breakfast buffet was delicious and offered a variety of cuisines. The bar area was lovely, we had friends who stayed at "another" hotel come for drinks, they were VERY impressed! thank you all at the Mandarin Oriental Prague, we'll be back! The Slamas

Room Tip: They let us visit 2 rooms upon arrival to see which would work best for us, which was very helpful.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Slamas Family,

Thank you for your truly generous review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I am delighted to read that our hotel exceeded your expectation.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed our superb amenities including our outstanding guest services, expert concierge and spa staff. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed our fitness center and our impressive cocktails at our Barego Bar.

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Prague.

Best wishes,

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

What a fantastic property in a great location close to bridge , castle and all the action. We had a fabulous experience at this Hotel and will be back! We could easily walk to the bridge to buy Jewery and art from local vendors. Also many great restuarants within walking distance. The concierge had great recomendations for food and also a boat ride on the river and the canal. If you drive a fine Automobile then you will love the safe and secluded underground parking right at the Hotel. All in All a wonderful property and experience! We highly reccomend it and it is on the AMEX list of fine Hotels.

Room Tip: upgrade to a room with a patio that opens to the courtyard!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed the superb location in the very heart of Mala Strana and the outstanding services of our Concierge. Also thank you for highlighting our convenient amenities such as our secure and secluded underground parking.

It was a pleasure having you as our guests and I hope to welcome you back at our “little jewel” again soon.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had the privilieg to stay at the Mandarin and it is just perfect in every way. Location was great, within walking distance to most of the touristic places. Room was perfectly organized and clean. Amenities were Mandarin`s standard, which means very good quality. Front desk was extremely helpful.
I would definitely come back! Congratulations for the excellence in service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Fernanda,

I am honored to read your generous review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague and thank you for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.
Also, thank you for highlighting our hotel’s wonderful amenities, superb location, excellent service standards and our relaxed and comfortable rooms.

It was a great pleasure having you as our guest, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our ‘little jewel’.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My daughter and I spent 4 nights here. A converted monastry, and really has to be seen to be believed how well it has been renovated. Best hotel I have stayed in. Service impeccable. All the staff so helpful and the room with its own terrace was heaven. We were lucky with the weather so a little stroll into the centre was charming. The concierge was so helpful as we wanted to visit a local town and he arranged everything for us. The hotel also has an unusual outdoor terrace as you enter the courtyard which is very pleasant. I could find no fault.

Room Tip: Some ground floor rooms have their own charming terrace with table and chairs
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Jayne,

It was a pleasure having you and your daughter as our guests. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the superb location in the very heart of Mala Strana and the outstanding services of my colleagues. Thank you also for highlighting our unique historical ambience.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Tucked away from the crowds and a stone's throw from the Charles Bridge is the Mandarin Oriental, Prague. The style of this luxury hotel can be described as understated elegance, rather than something more baroque or opulent. It's spotless, and the staff seems to run as well-honed team in all areas of the property.

We stayed in a two-room suite on the fourth floor with a plan that included breakfast each morning. They make a mean cappuccino, and the buffet seems to offer something for everyone. Even during this busy time in the summer, the only time we notice the other guests was at breakfast. Otherwise, it felt like we had the place to ourselves.

Our suite was thoughtfully appointed down to the radiant-heat towel racks in the bathroom and Manufactkura bath products selected for my two children. The kiddos were also welcomed with locally made wooden toys, popcorn, and chocolates (which I swore to them were meant for me). The legendary service of the MO franchise is exemplified here.

Above and beyond... I had the misfortune of having my wallet pickpockteted en route to visit the castle. I was pretty shaken-up when we came back, and the staff were so caring and gracious, first helping us get the police report filed at the right station. Then, the manager sent a handwritten note with chocolates, a bottle of (much-needed) wine, and a gift from the spa. Wow.

Speaking of the spa, it's a blissful oasis with excellent MO service. Built in an 14th century church and monastery, the floor has a cutaway area with glass over it, and you can see some of the parts of the building that remain. Book early if you want a late afternoon or early evening appointment, and, of course, give yourself a cushion of time to enjoy some tea and glossy magazine afterward. Spa prices are reasonable for the quality of the service.

Lastly, if the impeccable service, beautiful spaces, and the sacred history of the grounds are not enough to bring you to the MO, the WiFi here is Wicked Fast. We come from Silicon Valley (land of ubiquitous access), and this unlikely haven in the Czech Republic has WiFi speeds that blow away our pricey home-business lines. (Yes, we brought eight different devices and speed-tested the connection, as Hubby had a bit of work to do each day.) Business travelers, movie-watchers, and rabid online shoppers will certainly appreciate this.

Room Tip: We found the two-room suite to be a good value for our family of four. Ours was on the 4th floor and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I am delighted to read that our hotel exceeded your expectation. Prague is truly an outstanding city and Mandarin Oriental, Prague, by its renowned reputation as one of most luxurious hotels, harmoniously reflects every aspects of such magnificent location and unique atmosphere.

Thank you for highlighting our kid-friendly hotel setting. Our “little fans” and their comfort during their visit at the hotel is our priority. It was a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including our beautifully designed rooms and all the amenities and the superb secluded location in the very heart of the Prague’s historic center. Moreover, I am pleased to read you had a chance to experience the relaxing ambience of our spa.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and I look forward to welcome you back in Prague shall your travels bring you back to our magnificent city.

Werner Anzinger

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Prague? Share your experiences!