“Beautiful retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague

You added Mandarin Oriental, Prague to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nebovidska 459 | Mala Strana, Prague 11800, Czech Republic (Praha 1)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary 3rd Night
Ranked #29 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Fribourg, Switzerland
“Beautiful retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I would recommend Mandarin Oriental hotel for your stay in Prague. We spent a couple of nights there and the service, the hotel location as well as the comfort were outstanding. I would also advice everyone to take a look at the Monastery lounge. Hidden in the Baroque wing of the hotel, this area is absolutely breathtaking. Breakfast was delicious, cocktails in Barego were amazing and we had an unforgettable dinner experience at Essensia restaurant. The service makes all the difference, a big thanks to the entire team.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Isabelle-Caroline,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a generous review of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the quality of our service and the hotel’s historical heritage. Your comments are a great encouragement to us and please rest assured that they have been shared with the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our “little jewel”.

Werner Anzinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Fribourg, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

With my family, we spent two nights at Mandarin Oriental in Prague. We couldn’t have expected better place where to stay. The hotel is located is the quiet area of Mala Strana, close to Charles Bridge and within walking distance to the main attractions in the city. Our rooms were overlooking the hotel garden. They were spacious and extremely comfortable, beautiful. From breakfast to dinner the service is attentive and professional, absolutely perfect.
We would definitely stay at Mandarin Oriental next time we plan a trip to Prague and we recommend the hotel to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Olivier and Cécile B.

Thank you very much for your positive comments on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing them with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. I would like to thank you for highlighting the hotel location, the comfort of our rooms and the quality of our service.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

With my best regards,

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

First trip to Prague was made comfortable by our stay here. The Front Desk staff, door men and housekeeping were great! Our only significant criticism relates to the concierge. We encountered an issue with the Funicular at Petrin Hill...we bought tickets, as one would do, but we were never told to have them "validated". Because we did not have them validated and were stopped by the "inspectors" we were forced to pay a fine (about $40per person). The inspector would not hear that we did know--even though we bought the tickets. I was told I should have read the ticket --clearly I should have (not that I could have read the size 2 font!). OK--my fault, I learned! When I came back to the hotel---obviously pretty annoyed--I relayed the story to the Concierge, Gilles. His simple response was, "You should have read ticket! It says it right there".

NOT THE RESPONSE one would expect from an organization that prides itself on service! I might suggest that Gilles be remanded to a Nordstom's Customer Service course!

The hotel itself seemed a touch stale---some of the carpets were stained which is not a huge deal but noticeable. The location was excellent near the Charles Bridge (and very quiet) with a view of the castle. The breakfast was nice and the waitstaff extremely accommodating!

Overall, a good stay but I would likely look for another choice on my next trip.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am glad that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including the hotel location, historical ambience and the service at the Front Desk and during the breakfast.

I regret to read about the unfortunate situation you experienced in the funicular and please rest assured our Concierge team always advice our guest on Prague’s public transportation system. Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention, your comment is well taken indeed and we will do our best to prevent our guests from a similar incident.

Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is regarded as a top hotel by the general populous in Prague, and we certainly would agree! The Mandarin Oriental has a contemporary oriental style in a large building that was once a monastery. It is situated in a quiet location, but very near the famous Charles bridge ( about a 3 minute walk) Our room contained a king size double bed, 2 arm chairs, a large desk, bedside cabinets, 2 Luggage racks, the usual mini bar with drinks and snacks, lip salve, and even reading glasses! There was also a standard lamp, small table, and an open ottoman for shoes and luggage. Despite all this furniture the room was still very large! Air conditioned. We exited the room into a smaller vestibule where the double wardrobe was based. Opposite the wardrobe was the door to the bathroom. Dual sinks, shower, bath,toilet and a large illuminated mirror. The usual complementary soaps etc were available. We were provided with a bottle of water on both bedside cabinets every morning, and there was always fresh fruit left by the maid on a plate with a knife on the little table. We were also left a small bottle of linen/pillow spray to encourage a good nights sleep. The staff were really welcoming, and nothing was too much trouble. I also made use of the spa, and would recommend this A very relaxing way to sooth the feet especially if doing a lot of walking around Prague, which is the main form of sightseeing here, you will need comfy shoes if visiting this city, which is very beautiful, and well worth a visit

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Cartwright,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in our beautiful city. Many thanks for highlighting the historical background and a superb hotel location along with the comfort of our rooms and the quality of our service. Our Spa is undoubtedly an oasis of serenity and relaxation and we are happy to know that our soothing treatments revived your senses after a long day of wandering Prague streets.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

On Saturday, my son had his wedding at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. What a magical setting!
However, everything about this hotel oozes class, the rooms, decor, ambiance, etc. but what elevates this hotel to the top is the staff, everybody that we encountered was polite, helpful and incredibly good at their job.
What a wonderful experience!
The location is excellent, close to anywhere you want to be in Prague, but extremely quiet.
Breakfast and meals, again excellent.
There always has to be a but!
And that is a lack of free wi-fi, a very small issue for us but not for some!

Room Tip: Every room that I saw from the standard(????) up to a 5 room suite was outstanding.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Martyn C,

Congratulations on your son's marriage!

Thank you very much for such a generous review on TripAdvisor.

We feel delighted to read that your family chose Mandarin Oriental, Prague as a wedding venue and that this choice exceeded your expectations. It is a real pleasure for me to read that we helped to make the Weeding Day unforgettable and unique.

Please rest assured that your positive comments were shared with the entire hotel team. Also, your comment regarding the free WIFI is well taken indeed and thank you for bringing it to our attention. A feedback like yours is a big encouragement for us.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our "little jewel".

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The service at the Mandarin was outstanding - even after we returned home, when I realized I left a few items in a drawer in the room, they were quick to confirm the items were mine and ship them home to me. Excellent location, the room was very spacious, like an apartment and incredibly reasonably priced. We loved our experience in Prague and the Manadarin played a big role in our satisfaction. I have and will continue to recommend the Mandarin Oriental, Prague. Be sure to try the cocktail in the lobby bar with a frozen, hollow fruit ball that fills the martini glass, amazing!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Jamie R,

Thank you very much for your generous review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, highlighting the hotel location, the comfort of our rooms and the quality of our service. Your positive comments mean a world to us, please rest assured I shared them with the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have been coming to Prague for over 15 years and have experience in most, if not all, the top hotels.

The Mandarin is the best overall hotel in Prague, hands down.

Location: excellent, Service: excellent, Rooms: excellent, Facilities: Very Good (only caveat is the gym is small by international five star standards), Restaurant: excellent.

The staff is first rate and service will be one of the most memorable parts of your trip. Rooms are very quiet (...it can be an issue to find quiet rooms in Prague Hotels, at Mandarin, this not an issue).

If you want best high end experience in Prague, go to the Mandarin.

Room Tip: Only one small caveat is that gym and locker room are small for five star hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Philip L.,

Thank you very much for your generous review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments are a great encouragement for us and please rest assured that they have been shared with the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to the Golden City.

Werner Anzinger

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Prague? Share your experiences!