“Highly reccommend the Mandarin Oriental, Prague” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague

You added Mandarin Oriental, Prague to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nebovidska 459 | Mala Strana, Prague 11800, Czech Republic (Praha 1)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary 3rd Night
Ranked #28 of 662 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Highly reccommend the Mandarin Oriental, Prague”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is great value for money. The staff were very helpful, capable and extremely nice. They remembered little details of your desired requests. The staff helped us in booking a delicious and romantic dinner out and also arranged a guided cycle tour of the city for us.

The location is fantastic. It's right in the heart of the city and short walks to main attractions.
The hotel is very clean, rooms spacious (some had their own little balcony onto the garden in the centre of the hotel).
I liked that we were able to open our windows and have fresh air in at night.
The room was immaculate and the bathroom was great. We didn't hear any outside noise.

If you like going to the gym on your holidays, this has a great gym with lots of equipment (and hardly anyone else there)
The breakfast buffet was also really yummy.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Our room faced into the garden which meant it was very quiet and nice to look out onto.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your generous review with the Trip Advisor community.

I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including the beautiful and peaceful location of our hotel, the attentive service of our staff, the equipment of our rooms as well as of our lovely Essensia restaurant. I am glad we made your stay an enjoyable one and I have to admit that there is no better reward for us than a satisfied guest.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback.

I sincerely hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

With my warmest regards,

Werner Anzinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been a few of the Mandarin Oriental hotels. All of them have had one common factor, they have all had a fantastic customer service, making sure the customer goes first.
Although staff in general was very supportive, my experience is that if I did not know I was in the Mandarin, I wouldn't have never realised.
It is an expensive hotel, five start, with a fantastic brand so my expectation is to receive that level of service.
Breakfast is average, food in general was average. I wanted to check out 1 30 instead 12 and they just said no..... Even in the most busy cities, they have been good enough to extend the check out for a couple of hours. Hopefully my feedback helps.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community

I regret to read that after your last visit to Mandarin Oriental you did not feel delighted. All our guests comments are extremely important to us. Your feedback regarding the breakfast and a late check-out are well taken indeed, please rest assured that all your valuable comments have been shared with the rest of the hotel team.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

Yours sincerely,

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Being a frequent traveler for both business and pleasure for the last 2 decade; the reason I have always prefer to stay at a Mandarin Oriental is the impeccable service your hotel delivers no matter what part of world I happen to be in.

I recently stayed at your hotel with a large group of my colleagues and clients and our combined experience in your hotel is very dismal. I will only share with you a few situation I have encountered personally.

1. Unprofessional front desk service
I was with my client right after she checked in and have asked the front desk the possibility of switching to a different room. You front desk personnel respond was "he personally think the room was fine" and do not understand my client is making such a fuss.

I simply could not fathom this kind of respond is acceptable in any hotel-hospitality field, let alone for a 5 stars Mandarin Oriental hotel.

2. Anemic door man service
During my full stay, i can count in one hand the times there were a doorman opening/manning the entrance of your hotel.

This really do not speak well for the security for your guest especially I have to walk through the long tunnel to reach my room above the spa building late at night.

3. Food
With exception of breakfast and my 2 lunches at the Essensia…between myself and all my colleagues, I have sampled closed to ALL the selection. The quality of the food is well below average, especially the thai/japanese cuisine. They are overly salty, poorly executed and bare NO RESEMBLANCE of what these simple dishes that ANY WORLD TRAVELER will come to expect.

4. Check out
On the day of my check out, myself and 2 colleagues all have gotten multiple "one ring then hung up phone calls".
Mine started at 8am, then 9, finally the third hung up call at 10. I initially thought it was just someone misdialed my room but I am utterly disgusted when I found out both my colleagues have the same experience.

Is this the kind of tactic you hotel choose to remind your guest to checkout promptly? If I being a guest missed my checkout time then is within your right to bill me for any day of stay.

I have stayed many a time in remote, road side motels and have NEVER BEEN TREATED LIKE SO.
This is the one point that needs to be investigated and stop immediately.
This kind of behavior is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE and A DISGRACE to the Mandarin Oriental franchise.

Instead, your hotel should learn from staff like Karel, Michaela from your dinning room and your staff in the spa.
They understand the demanding natural of business traveler and went out of their way to accommodate our needs and made us feel at home in the hotel.
Their professionalism is what I expect and demand from the Mandarin Oriental hotel chains.

At this point, I will recommend against your hotel for any business or personal stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time to discuss your comments in the detail via telephone.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and I would like to assure you that I have shared your feedback with my entire team. I have taken necessary steps that will enhance our usual attention to service towards our guests.

With best regards,
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at this hotel in Prague. It is an old Monastery and is a beautiful oasis in the middle of the city. The service is excellent. The rooms are beautiful and well designed. The meals we had there were tasty and well presented. I liked everything about this hotel from the location to the personalized service from everyone. They do a great job but of course you pay for the accommodations and the service. This is a very peaceful hotel and very quiet. The beds were amazing and the turn down service at night was exceptional. If I could have bought one of their pillows I would have. Their breakfasts were wonderful. Besides being a great facility, the people made this place shine.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 321 on the 2nd floor overlooking a beautiful grass and garden area that I had no i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for investing your time and for sharing such a positive review about your recent stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am very delighted to hear that you have spent such a wonderful time with us, especially I was pleased to find out that the hotel location, room ambience, the quality of food and the warm service of our team satisfied and convinced you.

Your kind and enthusiastic comments are our best reward – please rest assured that your compliments have been shared with the rest of the hotel team.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your time and effort, and I sincerely hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

Sincerely yours,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

You may think I'm being petty, but there are some things I'd expect in a 5 star hotel that are sorely missed here:
* Drawers for my smalls! This hotel has nowhere to put folded clothing. No drawers! None!
* A stand alone shower! I almost broke my back trying to rinse my (long) hair in the ludicrously designed over bath shower. Standing on a slope bent over backwards. Ouch!
* A shower you can turn on without having a stand in the bath and get soaked with cold water!
* A make up mirror that isn't fixed to the wall 6"2' high! Do they only expect supermodels to stay here? Perhaps they do. Might explain the bizarre bar menu.
* A doorman! I started here for 7 long days, and struggled with doors, bags, laptops, umbrellas, cases, throughout the stay. If there is a doorman, it would help if he / she actually worked on the door.
I accept that many of you will read this and think I'm being a complete Princess, but if you're staying on business (as I was), I'd suggest you ask those booking your travel to look elsewhere. If you're spending your own hard earned cash, I wouldn't spend it here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community.

I regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry for the inconvenience and I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss your experience into detail at your earliest convenience.

Please kindly contact me directly by telephone on +420 233 088 701 or by e-mail at the address wanzinger@mohg.com.

With best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had been here for work before so I knew where it was and how great it was.
So taking my wife to Prague for 2 nights for the first time meant we had to stay here.
From the moment you walk in you are treated so well.
The room was perfect, we were in 304, with a view of the gardens. The bed massive, the room very spacious, big bathroom with shower and bath.
The room was perfectly quiet and dark at night - if there was anything going on in the hotel, we had no idea it was that peaceful
I wish we had stayed longer so we could use the spa experience.

The only downside - which was not the hotel at all was the annoying American tour group that came in, talking to each other like they were on the other side of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a Garden room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read you have enjoyed your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, especially the room ambience, the view to the garden as well as our legendary service. Also, I am happy to read that my colleagues went an extra mile to make your stay as comfortable and peaceful as possible.

With my warmest regards,

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We chose this hotel because the spa was suppose to be one of the best in Europe. Well, this hotel had NO disappointments! The location to what we wanted to see in Prague was perfect. The spa experience was heavenly. The gym was great. It was a little crowded at times but just because it was a great gym that everyone wanted to utilize. The rooms were clean even the bathrooms were kept mold free and has a shower big enough for 2. Since Prague is one of few cities that allows smoking inside, this hotel kept smoke smells to a minimum even though there were plenty of smokers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for investing your time and for sharing such a positive review regarding your recent stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am very delighted to hear that you have spent such a wonderful time at our hotel, especially I was pleased to find out that the location of the hotel, the room equipment as well as our Spa and gym totally satisfied and convinced you.

Your kind and enthusiastic comments are our best reward - rest assured that your compliments have been shared with the rest of the Mandarin Oriental, Prague team.

I would once again like to thank you for your time and effort, and sincerely hope to welcome you back to our little “jewel” in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Werner Anzinger,

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Prague? Share your experiences!