“Fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague

You added Mandarin Oriental, Prague to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nebovidska 459 | Mala Strana, Prague 11800, Czech Republic (Praha 1)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #28 of 662 Hotels in Prague
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Visited in the fall, the hotel was amazing an old monastery turned hotel. Beautiful setting with arched alleyways and elevated ceilings, stayed in the deluxe. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The facilities were very clean. On site eating premises were terrific! Fantastic food at the bar and the breakfast buffet was nice as well. the spa is one of the best I have been to and felt very pampered, again great service! Definetly going back!

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a generous review. I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your meal in our restarant and Barego; but I am most pleased that you found our service, both in the Spa and Restaurant, pleasant and eager to anticipate your needs. Your wonderful comment is a terrific reward for every member of the team.

I would like once again thank you for your review, and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague in the future.

My kindest regards,

Werner Anzinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a fabulous new hotel on the quiet side of the Charles bridge which I much prefer for a location in Prague. The rooms are beautifully appointed as are the georgous bathrooms. The rooms are on the small side though. The breakfast was great with a lot of service. I used the spa and enjoyed it but not the best massage I've ever had I would say good. The concierge thomas was excellent and sent us to the best restaurants

Room Tip: Ask to have exposure to the gardens in the back
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed the room and breakfast, as well as the ambience of our Spa building; rest assured that your compliments have been shared with our staff. I certainly hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague in the future.

Best wishes,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Can't be beat. Ideal location, simultaneously secluded and in the center of things. Steps from the end of the Charles Bridge and a major tram stop from which several lines lead to the nearest Metro station, up the hill to the castle and easy connections to everywhere else. Also steps from dozens of cozy cafes, restaurants and shops that are just as nice as the ones on Wenceslas Square without the mobs. The property is a converted monastery and the update has retained the uniqueness, charm and tranquility of the original. No noisy nighttime street singers or traffic noises like in the Old Town, just a retreat to your own peaceful monastery garden. Breakfast served in a series of low vaulted rooms full of atmosphere is particularly nice. The service is on that genuinely friendly, call-you-by-name and let-us-pamper-you level typical of a Mandarin Oriental. Recommended without hesitation.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

First, let me thank you for taking the time to share so eloquently your impressions of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I am honored to have welcomed you as our guest at Mandarin Oriental, Prague this summer. I am also happy to read that you have enjoyed our lovely neighbourhood, the monastic atmosphere of our hotel, and our staff doing their best every day to assure comfortable and pleasant stay for our guests. I have shared your review with my colleagues who were as delighted as I.

Thank you again; I sincerely hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

My warmest regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We recently spent four nights at this hotel and were very dissappointed. I admit my expectations were high, but I don't think inappropriate considering we were paying approximately $1000.00 per night for two rooms. Our 3 college aged kids shared one room, which was suppose to be a triple. We paid an extra 150 euros per night for a cot. My husband and I had to change rooms twice. The first room was over the service entrance and we were woken up at 5am by the beeping of garbage truck and other deliveries. The air conditioning did not work properly in the second room. When we mentioned this to the front desk, they acknowledged that was a problem with that particular room. Then why did they move us there when there were other rooms available? Other complaints:1. Breakfast was the exact same every day; 2. there is no inviting common space and really lobby at all; 3 the outdoor dining space is right next to the car valet area; the spa charges to use the sauna and hot tub even if you are having a $200 treatment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great service in a beautiful neighborhood make doing business in Prague a joy. It has everything you'd want from an upscale hotel except a pool. Service is doting. Food at the restaurant is an eclectic mix of Asian, Indian and local Czech. Exactly what you'd expect from a Mandarin property.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your exprience with Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community. We were proud to have our service described as doting, and thank you for all your other warm comments. I trully hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future, perhaps on a leisure trip next time.

With my best regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was here for 3 nights and cannot really fault the place, the staff are outstanding and offer an incredibly high level of service. The rooms are perfect and the hotel's location is ideal. Regular users of the Mandarin chain will be used to these exceptional standards and a stay here will not disappoint.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your views of your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I am delighted to read that your stay with us was comfortable and pleasant. Our guest’s satisfaction – manifested in reviews such as yours - is our best reward.

Thank you again; I truly hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague in the future.

Sincerely yours,

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I just came back from a 5 night business trip. The Mandarin Oriental in Prague is in an excellent location in the Old Town. It benefits from having a nice outdoor space so on warm dry days you can eat breakfast/dinner or have drinks there. it is right by the entrance of the hotel so you look on to parked cars or taxis constantly pulling up. the staff in the hotel were friendly, professional and helpful throughout the trip. A decent breakfast buffet. The room service was fine but nothing to talk about an expensive. limp lettuce ceasar salad with no dressing and dry chicken. Also took over an hour from ordering it to it being delivered to my room. Spa massage was good but very expensive. I was given a room in the attic of the spa, it was clean and with a comfortable bed but the room was very hot as it is an attic room,no decent air con and so so noisy from the tram that went by all the time, the bathroom was big but teh shower had bad pressure and took ages before hot water came and the worst part of the attic spa room is that you had to take a lift walk through a corridor, take another lift and then walk up another flight of stairs or use the spa lift but only is spa hours. A serious pain each time. No swimming pool . The design in the hotel restaurant and bar feels a bit cheesy and dated considering the prices are top dollar. This hotel is fine for business and has good internet service & high speed connection. I would not want to stay here for pleasure. If i came back I would make sure that I was not in the spa part of the hotel. Prague is beautiful, people are lovely and Prague is well worth visiting.

Room Tip: do not choose a room in the spa building. especially not the attic room.
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing your extensive review with the Trip Advisor community.

First, I am happy to know that you have enjoed many aspects of your stay with us, especially our service. Second, I regret to hear that our room service did not meet your expectations; rest assured that we take all guest comments seriously, and have already improved our quality check system prior to delivery so that food always arrives in top condition.

Finally, with respect to your room, due to the historical nature of the building we were not able to build a lift leading up to the top floor; nonetheless, it is the opinion of the vast majority of guests that the top-floor rooms in the Spa building make up for the slight inconvenience by their lovely rustic atmosphere and in one case, a beautiful sunken bathroom. As our property comprises four different buildings, there is a great variety of rooms available and it is only a slight exaggeration to say that no two are alike; we would be sure to choose one that better fits your needs should you honour us by choosing Mandarin Oriental, Prague for a future stay.

Thank you very much again for your helpful comments. Have a lovely rest of the summer and should your travels bring you to Prague again, we would be happy to welcome you back.

Best wishes,

Werner Anzinger

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Prague? Share your experiences!