“Great Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel City 5

and 1 more site!
You added Aparthotel City 5 to your Saves list
Aparthotel City 5
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vltavska 667/11 | Smichov, Prague 15000 , Czech Republic (Praha 5)   |
Special Offer
Free laundry in the house
Ranked #8 of 663 Hotels in Prague
Rochester, New York
“Great Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here on my second trip to Prague having stumbled upon the attached coffee shop during my first trip. Kristina impressed me as a gracious and helpful hostess, so I promised to stay at her hotel when I visited the city again.
My stay at this hotel left nothing to be desired. Clean, comfortable apartment upstairs, warm, homey atmosphere downstairs in the coffee shop, and Kristina helping with every aspect of my trip - even helping me track down a lost cell phone.
I will recommend this place to anyone I know who plans a trip to Prague.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This place is home away from home. Kristina is like the mom, sister, friend and tour guide rolled into one. Not to mention the coffee and her 'world famous' ham and cheese toast. The insiders view to Prague is priceless. This place stands out because she gives you Prague better than any tour guide or book can. The best part of it is that it's at your pace, at your time and anything you want gets done.

I STRONGLY recommend this as a Prague attraction in itself. I did entire Prague walking from here in 2 days. The pub next door has pork knuckle the size of a football and beer cheaper than water!

Well done Kristina, as I said Prague ain't Prague without you. Thank you for all your guidance and hospitality. See you again....

Room Tip: I took an apartment and it felt like my house...it all good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Negombo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel/apartment is in a perfect location away from the glitz and rip-offs of old town. The restaurant next door (The Thirsty Deer) is not a tourist trap, has great local beer and food. I can't say how much my buddy and I enjoyed Kristina. She figured out our personalities within minutes of arrival, got right down to the kidding and trash talk, and told us where to go and not go. The perfect hostess for 2 guys with only 2 days to see the city. The place is like home, cozy, interesting and a true bargain....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed here based on reviews and were not disappointed. Lovely hostess, comfortable bed, nice room with everything we could need and conveniently located for the sites. Would definitely recommend this hotel & if we return to Prague we will surely stay here

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

One of the best experiences I've ever had in hotels. As everyone has commented, besides the perfect location, the spacious and well equipped rooms, what makes it really worth is the host Kristina! We arrived on a cold afternoon and she greeted us with hot coffee and several maps, indicating all that we have to do in Prague, always helping when we needed. The breakfast is delicious, do not miss the toasts freshly prepared. We love Prague and we will certainly go back there and stay in the City 5!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been lucky enough to be able to return again to Prague and stayed once again in my favourite place in my favourite place. Nothing has changed, it is still perfect :) As a female traveling alone on this journey I felt very safe at the hotel and in this vicinity no matter the time of day or night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

After reading all the great reviews on Trip Advisor, we had to stay at Aparthotel City 5 and find out for ourselves if everything we read was true. We spent two nights there last week and can honestly say - it is a wonderful place to stay, especially for a first timer in Prague. Kristina is from the city and is very proud to tell you the best way to navigate it in the limited time you will be there. The hotel is in a great location within easy walk to the heart of it all. If I ever return to Prague, we will stay with Kristina again. Great breakfasts, clean rooms, colorful and fun!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family