“Not nice!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Green Lobster

You added Residence Green Lobster to your Saves list
Residence Green Lobster
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Nerudova 224/42, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Hradcany & Letna)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #149 of 663 Hotels in Prague
Surrey
“Not nice!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

First of all I must make this clear this is definitely no 4* hotel. I booked this hotel as a package holiday through an airline. The picture it showed in the brochure was nice, airy period type room with a four poster bed. Now I am not saying I wanted a 4 poster bed at least a room that looked remotely like what they advertised on their website and a room which I booked.

The hotel is located on a steep hill going up to the castle; therefore there is no way you’re going to get there unless you take a taxi. It is located between two tram stops, and a short walking distance from the castle. You need to be really fit to climb the hill if you approach it from the bottom of the hill, and it is even harder on a red hot day. You could go one stop further to the Prazsky Hrad, the station at the castle, and walk down to the hotel, but the walk is a lot longer - I can’t make my mind up which is worse.

At the hotel… well, the person on the reception was polite enough and when we checked in. When we arrived at our room, after having to squash in a small lift, I was surprised how scruffy it looked. The floor was dirty, so was the window ledge. On closer inspection the sheets had holes in them. We requested a double bed but got those cheap camp type beds which were very uncomfortable; I couldn’t believe this was the same place we saw on their website and in the holiday brochure. We immediately complained to the receptionist and she sent a man up to the room to look. We showed him the holes in the sheets, the dirty floor and asked to be put in a room with a double bed, as that is what we booked, the room was unacceptable. All we wanted is what we paid for, and it was not cheap. Our requests were not met and instead the lady at reception was asking for extra money for us to move rooms, and said we can complain when we get back! We asked for a manager but that fell on deaf ears. By the way, the stairs in the hotel is steep - just like the hill the hotel sits on!

It was my first time in Prague and it’s sad that I could not wait for the day when I could get my flight back home. I would never advise anyone to stay here, for me the experience was awful and how they got some good reviews I will never know. Don't get me wrong Prague itself was nice its just that I dislike the experience of staying at this hotel and would rather had stayed at home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for sharing your experience with us. It saddens me to read that you were not satisfied with your stay and accommodation choice.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience directly to discuss it any further.
We will do our best to make the right improvement and meet all guests' expectations.

public.relations@ghotels.cz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Tynemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We've just returned from a long weekend at the Green Lobster. We had a room at the back, so absolutely no issues with noise; other than my snoring after several pints of Pilsner Urquell down at the Kocoura (Tomcat). We went room-only, so can't comment on breakfast. The room was rather nice though; a good size, neither too warm (in October) nor too cold. We found the staff not unfriendly, and quite helpful. Bathroom was fine, rooms cleaned every day etc. Oh yes, the beds were very comfortable too.
The best thing about this was undoubtedly the location. Stepping out of the door, you're right on Nerudova. Walk a little way up the hill, and you'll find some steps that take you up to the castle area (and while you're there, stop for a pint at U Cerneho Vola). Alternatively, a (slightly faster) stroll down the hill will take you to Mala Strana, and on to Charles Bridge and all that tourist stuff. We had a view of the castle from our window too; very nice.
I mentioned the hill; Nerudova is quite steep, so anyone with mobility issues may struggle.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter and (may) afford a view of the castle, while those at the front will p...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
what a lovely review!
It is very rewarding to read such nice comments from our guests and read their satisfaction about their experience with us.
On behalf of all the staff, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Prague and Hotel Green Lobster soon.
With best regards,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

A historical hotel situated in the castle district of Prague. It's a short walk to the centre of Prague while still being away from the large groups of tourists in the centre. Staff are efficient but not overly friendly. Lovely wooden ceilings in the rooms. The hotel has an elevator that is reserved for the disabled and people with luggage. Our room was on the fourth floor (Spiral staircase) but it wasn't a problem. Quiet during the evenings but the room did heat up quite e bit during the day. Would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for your lovely review!
I am happy to read that we overall provided you a positive experience. Please, feel free to contact me with the details about the staff attitude, we are always in an impoving process and guests´comments are our most precious starting point to make the necessary improvements in quality of services.
Thank you once more and I hope to be able to welcome you very soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Green Lobster was beyond our expectations for a European hotel experience. The rooms are enormous, and the windows overlook a lively street filled with restaurants and cafes. Just a short walk up the hill to the Castle for amazing views of the city. The staff is very helpful and kind, and we'll definitely return there next time we're in town.

Room Tip: If you like a true 'city' experience, ask for a room that faces Nerudova Street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
what a great review!
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us, we always aim to fulfil our guests’ expectations and I am pleased to read through your review.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Please, feel free to contact us for any further assistance or inquiry.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel for a week during the first week of September. On arrival at the hotel, we were quickly checked in and directed to the lift which we used to escort our luggage up to the second floor (Room 201). The step down from the outdoor corridor on which the lift sits onto the indoor staircase with a suitcase is simply dangerous for anybody with bad mobility. Be careful.

The room - Simply fantastic. As we stepped into the room, we immediately noticed the high ceilings in the corridor, the wooden flooring and the large mirror to accompany it. We had 2 bedrooms; one, the smaller of the two housed a single bed and the safe which was relatively easy to use with a little guidance from reception, and was free to use which is a big bonus. The second primary bedroom was lovely and as we received a free upgrade to the room, It's right of me to highlight this. The four poster bed and original ceiling came as a nice surprise and as we hadn't booked this room originally, we were very pleased to see it. The furniture in the room feels solid and supplied enough storage to see out the 5-6 days we spent in Prague.

We had a nice LCD tv which we used to find news updates, and with a lack of British programmes, not a lot else. That said, were in Prague so we expected it. The telephone which we had been provided with was handy for calling reception, who during the day were helpful with our queries. The AC unit we were supplied with was effective in keeping the room cool but during the night, it was noisy, although generally we didn't mind.

The staff were generally helpful although as we'd read before coming to Prague that a kettle is available on request, we didn't bring one. On arrival, we asked for one only to be told that they'd been taken. This paired with the fact that my partner is a Tea addict, this didn't go down well and although it obviously didn't ruin the break, it did give me ear ache, every morning at 8am :0)

The Negatives - One staff member during the evening. He decided he didn't want to be disturbed and closed the door to the reception desk on two nights which with his bad attitude on the phone, made me a little unhappy. That said, he was the exception to the rule and therefore, I spared his life.

The shower didn't work when we arrived. One quick call to reception and within 2 minutes, somebody was inside to the room to reset the boiler. Problem solved.

The safe reset itself leaving us unable to use the access code we'd assigned to it. Again, quick call to reception and it was sorted.

The towels could have and probably should have been replaced every day, however this unfortunately wasn't the case. Quick request and they were delivered.

The bed was probably a little bit too firm for my liking but thats personal preference so probably an invalid negative really.

Finally, the taxi prices are expensive if you're booking them with the hotel. I used AAA more often than not, but I found taxis as a whole expensive.

Overall, we loved Prague and as I'd decided to propose to my girlfriend there, If the hotel would've been anything to complain about, I'd mention it here. Big thanks to Elena who I was in regular contact with before arriving. She managed to sort out a few requests I made and provided us with the room upgrade. She's a credit to the company and one of the reasons that I'd return to the hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Learn the language basics before you arrive in Prague and bring ear protectors if you don't like...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Liam,
thank you for your feedbacks.
I am glad to read that you had happy memories and that our assistance prior your arrival was positive and efficient.
Thank you for the details and comments, we will definetly take them into consideration.
I hope to be able to welcome you back to Prague for another special occasion.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Booked a 'deluxe room' on basis of Tripadviser reviews. Lovely old building but stand alone air conditioner jammed into window with cardboard. Suspect the floor is more comfortable than the bed. Bath towels large hand towels and thin, no shampoo etc. suspect lovely photos of rooms sister hotel over the road. Would not stay here again.

Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for your review.
It saddens me to read we were not able to meet your expectations.
Please, feel free to contact us directly at your convenience if you wish to discuss any details. We would like to go into deep in order to improve our services for our future guests.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in the last weekend. It is located very close to Prague Castle and easily walkable to other main attractions/sights. We had very large room on the 1st floor with separate bathroom and a private courtyard. I have visited Prague 4 times and this was bar far and away the largest and most aesthetically pleasing room I have stayed in. The staff were very polite, friendly and generally helpful. They allowed us to store our luggage even after our checkout. There were a few minor gripes, but nothing which would dissuade me from highly recommending this hotel. For the price we paid, at the time of year we visited, the hotel lobster represents fantastic value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor!
It is very rewarding for us to read you had a positive experience and that it was the best accommodation in Prague so far. We would be happy to welcome back at your next visit and for this we would like to invite you to contact us for any future inquiry.
Best regards,