“Trip in the dates 1.12-8.12” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Archibald City

You added Archibald City to your Saves list
Archibald City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zitna 1319/33, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Ranked #156 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Qiryat Bialik, Israel
“Trip in the dates 1.12-8.12”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had good time in this hotel, the crew in the reception was good and helped us alot, the room was clean, every day the room was cleaned, the breakfast was tasty, if we had another opurtunity to go to prague im sure that we will order there another vacation.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Co Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We have just returned from a three night stay in the Archibald City Hotel in Prague. Booking in was fast and efficient and our room, although a bit on the small side was immaculately clean. Bathroom was also very clean with plenty of gels, shampoos etc - there was also a hair dryer which was good. Plenty of fluffy white towels which were changed daily - only criticism I would have with the bathroom is that the shower head was very low so not so good if you are around 5ft 8 or over and the side of the bath was very high so anyone with mobility difficulties should take care as there was also no rail to hold on to nor bath mat so a bit slippy. There was a mini bar in the room which was replenished daily if you used it (we didn't) and surprisingly the prices were not wholly exorbitant as you can often find in hotels elsewhere. There is also a small safe in the room at no extra cost which was a plus.
The hotel is centrally located so is good to explore the city on foot.
Breakfast is good,with a good selection of hot & cold foods as well as cereals, juices, fruit, bread etc and coffee, tea of all descriptions. One nice touch we found, was that they offer guests free tea, coffee, and made up rolls during the day - something that i have not come across before anywhere other than all inclusive.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay in the Archibald and would use it again, mainly due to its central location and because of how clean it was.

Room Tip: 6 floors, not sure if there are any decent views as in a side street and we had no view from our roo...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dublin 16
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed 3 nights on a city break. Location is good, 5 minute walk to old town, although we did have to pass a few cabaret/strip bars to get there, we didn't feel unsafe in any way. Reception staff were very helpful providing us with a adaptor as we came without our own. Spotless room and bathroom, lovely fluffy towels daily. Self service breakfast. I don't want to be mean as the staff were lovely, hotel kept spotless, room with fridge and safe. But... My opinion is a good 3 star not 4 star. I think of I was to visit Prague again I would stay in Old town as it's the centre of everything. Ps .. Brilliant wi fi

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Baku, Azerbaijan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed 5 nights in Archibald City Hotel. The location is veeery good, rooms are large, furniture is well organized, staff is doo plesant and breakfasts can not be conpared with all other hotels in Prague. Breakfast is really the best! We enjoyed our stay, do we received more than expected! Many thanks for the hotel staff and management!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here in March for a couple of days. Overall, the hotel is lovely. Staff are pleasant and friendly. Room was always kept clean and providing clean towels every day. Myself and ny partnet were a bit disappointed with the duvet as they gave you two small ones for the double bed rather than one big duvet. We rang reception and asked for one but we were told they didn't exist (?) Not sure as to why but we didn't complain as wasnt that much of a big deal to us. Breakfast was ok I guess. Although they give a good selection, I just found it to be quite... boring and same with the dinner buffet. We would have liked if the hotel had few facilities like a gym or pool but it didn't bother us that much. I mean for what we paid for it was quite average and simple but at the end of the day we were there to explore the city. If we were staying longer than a couple of days it wouldn't be my first choice. But overall, it is a nice hotel and we enjoyed ourselves. I think it would be more suitable for business travellers rather than for leisure.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Archibald h, Manažer at Archibald City, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay at hotel Archibald City. I was pleased to read that you appreciate our staff and cleanliness. Our hotel is a great place to relax and I do hope that you get the chance to come and stay with us again in the near future. Deficiencies you mentioned were reported to the competent managers.
Thank you.

Kind regards,
Augsburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

Didn't find anything wrong in this hotel. Hotel was clean and well kept. Friendly staff, breakfast were all good. I think that this hotel is the best for it's money. Location of this hotel is also a great advantage. I recommend.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Archibald h, Manažer at Archibald City, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great review of your stay with the TripAdvisor community.

Thank you for highlighting our quality of breakfast, cleanliness and service standards of Archibald Hotels. I am delighted that you took advantage of our central location near Wenceslas square.

I can assure you that we are working on quality of our service every single day so besides afternoon free refreshment you can also enjoy our special dinner menu for best prices around.

I look forward to welcoming you back in Prague soon shall your travels bring back.

Kind regards,
Canterbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

I would just like to highlight firstly that we were very impressed with the hotel itself - the room was comfortable and clean, the breakfast was fresh with lots of choice and the location was good - approximate two minute walk down to the nearest tram station, otherwise a 15/20 minute walk into the old centre of Prague. If feeling like you want to smash your head against a brick wall repeatedly until the skin of your forehead no longer exists due to contact with another human being doesn’t bother you all too much, then chocks away, Archibald City should do the trick. However if you’d quite like a nice service experience that doesn’t offend you to the very core of your being, then maybe steer clear of this hotel and the poor excuses for reception staff and management. I cannot fully express my intense dislike of the woman that we had the misfortune of sharing oxygen with and convey to you the horrendous exchange of scoffs and smuggery that she obviously feels is customer service with enough gusto. Not wanting to bore you entirely with countless details and examples, I would like you to imagine this scenario: sunshine, lollipops and rainbows, everywhere, barefoot walking through some grassy knoll, when suddenly that feeling; the wet, stenching warmth is enveloping your toes, the faecal matter working its way under your toenails and indeed into the very grain of your skin. Nasty. However an excellent way in which to liken our service experience from the smug mug behind the desk of Archibald City hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Archibald h, Manažer at Archibald City, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guests,

first of all I would like to Thank you for your stay and your comments. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with our location, cleanliness and breakfast.
Although it is not pleasant for me to read this kind of review but please be sure that it´s very important for me to avoid these inconveniences for future. Please contact me directly to (fom@archibald.cz).
We will deal with your complaint.

Best regards,
Front Office Manager

Been to Archibald City? Share your experiences!