“Too Modern?!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of 987 Design Prague Hotel

You added 987 Design Prague Hotel to your Saves list
987 Design Prague Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Senovazne namesti 15/987, Prague 11000, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Ranked #167 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Too Modern?!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

A friend and I booked a twin room in this hotel based on the reviews we read on the BA holidays website. The first impression was okay the room was clean and modern. There were however a few downers.

1. A glass door separated the toilet and shower room from the main sleeping area which was not very "private" as the smallest noise echoed in the room, not to mention any odour! :-/ The wash basin also was in the room which meant when you are brushing your teeth etc your room mate had to know.

2. The TV size was very small and the picture (signal) quality was less than perfect and very few English speaking channels.

3. There were no disposable slippers in the room and you would have had to pay for one which is not what you'd expect from a 4* hotel.

4. Smiles were not aplenty at the front desk although the morning seed to have better grasp of customer service.

All in all I expected a bit more and I had a choice between this and the Ramada in town and I had to check it out and once I did, I wished I had taken Ramada.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Nicol K, General Manager at 987 Design Prague Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am very glad that you found our hotel clean and modern. Our hotel is published in the category of design hotels, our aim is that our guests experience something different. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our modern LCD TVs convenient. We have 25 foreign channels. It would be great, if you have mentioned which English speaking channel you were missing. Usually, slippers are not being the standard equipment of the room, however we offer complimentary WI-FI and full buffet breakfast. Overall, we hope that you have enjoyed our hospitality.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
With warm regards,
Nicol Klaubenschalk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greece, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The hotel was near the center which was good. However, the personell was not very warm. The most important thing was that someone got in our room and stole my watch and the sunglasses of my wife.When i told to the manager that i want to watch the video of the surveillance cameras(there is a sign in every floor that says that there are cameras for our protection) so as to see who entered my room, they told us that these cameras do not work so as to protect the private life of the customers!!!!!!i told them that i understand that there should not be cameras in the room, but outside the room i dont see the problem. It is not private life in the hallway.They did not convince me at all.!!!So be careful of your stuff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and mentioning the good position of 987 Prague Hotel which is very important for us. I believe that the subject of your review is to strong and without any proof of evidence. I am the manager that you spoke to regarding your lost things. As long as I remember you have mentioned the sunglasses only, and you were even admiting that you might have left them somewhere else, it seemed that you were not absotutely sure about it. You have asked us about the list of the entrences of your room were was abvious that you were the only people entering your room during that time. Regarding the camera system, we do have a functioning camera system of the main entrance and public areas, unfortunately I am not going to specify where are they based as I belive that this should be highly confidential. I am realy sorry about your misplaced sunglasses and I hope that you have enjoyed your stay at 987 Prague Hotel.
All the best !
Andorra la Vella, Andorra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

987 Prague hotel is situated just 5 minutes from some of most visited monuments, but in a peaceful cornet of Opletalova -Senovázné street, 1' from main train station, 2 minutes walking from airport bus stop (bus is called AE), and 10' from main bus station, Florenc.
So, the BEST CHOISE if you want to spend some days in Prague walking around the city but sleeping like an angel.
The hotel has a very nice furniture desing, better front desk (the employees are most kind than tourist offices and they know all you need) and big and comfortable beds where you could rest after a hard day walking the thousands Prague streets.
The breakfast is correct and has a long shedule, so is you need to set off early, it start at 7:00 or if you want to enjoy your room, you can take it since 10:00 during the week or 11:00 at weekends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Diana,
Warm greetings from Prague ! Thank you for your review about 987 Prague Hotel. We are always here committed to consistently provide efficient and discrete service to our guests, so your appreciation and acknowledgement is our greatest reward !
We look forward to welcoming you again.
All the best !
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just returned from our trip through Europe. We stayed here for 5 days, and the hotel cannot be beat. The place is very well designed and incorporates the building's sometimes unusual architectural features and angles in a very inspired and fun way. The angles shown in the pictures tell some of the story, and it really was a very large room (we had the executive). The bathtub is deep, the shower very powerful and the bed nice and firm (the way I like it). Tons of plugs and seating.

Breakfast is, indeed, the same every day, but it was good. All I typically eat for breakfast is coffee and eggs, so this was just fine with me. They had cold cuts, cheeses, various corn flakes and the like, and eggs (sunny side up or hard-boiled) and I think bacon, but we didn't partake of any of the meats. Espresso and Cappuccino was all you can drink, as was the various juices. No complaints.

The place is located centrally and near all of the attractions, but you do have to walk a bit to get to some of them, like the castle and Charles Bridge. We chose this hotel knowing that, because we didn't want to exit the hotel and enter a throng of tourists. So, while central and everything is walkable, the area is relatively quiet. There is a train station/mall across the street, and we used the trains there for day trips to out-of-center castles and churches and the like.

The staff, like everyone else we ran into in Prague, is efficient and responsive. Yes, they are not warm. You will likely not get a cheerful hello while there, but that is more a cultural thing. When I travel, I accept that other cultures don't do warmth in day-to-day interactions (Iceland comes to mind), but who cares? They all were always helpful, spoke English and gave us some excellent guidance and suggestions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your comprehensive review about the 987 Prague hotel and Prague in general. I am very happy, that we the hotel services met your expectations. It is nice to hear that you liked the design and size of our Executive room, also, the full buffet breakfast and our coffee. We fill definitely focus on more cheerful greatings from our staff for the future :)
Thank you again !
Nicol Klaubenschalkova
manchester, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

To be honest this hotel was chosen by a friend of ours but what a great choice. The staff at reception were very friendly & helpful and the style of the hotel is boutique chic but for a reasonable price. The bedroom was slightly quirky as upon entry you find a sink in the corridor. However when you realise what they have packed into a relatively small but surprisingly spacious space, that detail is insignificant. With separate shower room & toilet, minibar, LCD flat screen tv, decent width double bed the room had all of the facilities you would expect In a capital city bedroom for a decent price. The room was clean & sound insulation adequate. Location is good for the nearby train station. Please note that a tram line runs outside the building. Breakfast was well stocked with cereals, pastries, hot food & fruit. Overall a very good stay in Prague.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
It was our greatest privilege to have you stay at 987 Prague Hotel recently. I would like to thank you for highlighting all the positive points of our services. Your words of appreciation will go a long way to motivate our entire team.
We look forward to welcoming you again !
With warm regards,
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a great hotel!! My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in July. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast buffet was delicious! They had a great selection of food- something for everyone. The room was very clean including the bathroom. The actual room was a little small but aren't all rooms in Europe small? Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is also very close to a main tram station that will take you all over the city. Train station is also very close but we didn't use that. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nancy,
I would like to thank you for your comment about 987 Prague Hotel. It is nice to hear that you like the breakfast, cleanness and friendly staff. I am glad that you found it easy and convenient to use the tram, which has the stop right in front of the hotel. Next time, I also recommend the underground which is 2 min from us - called Hlavni Nadrazi. Regarding the size of the room I have to agree that the rooms in Europe are generally smaller, so I hope that it gives worm and cozy feeling.
I hope that next time visiting Europe/Prague you will stay with us again.
Best regards,
georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We wished to find a hotel close to the railway station and selected Design 987 in Prague. What a delight! The hotel was comfortable with friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast!! And the best surprise was how really close the hotel was to the railway station....literally we pulled our suitcases across the street, through a lovely park and we were there!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time to write your positive review about 987 Prague Hotel. I am glad that you appreciate our staff and felt comfortable at our hotel. I must agree that the hotel has the convenience of being situated close to the Main Railway Station and Masarykovo Nadrazi. Thank you again for highlighting these points on public.
We hope to welcome you in our hotel again.
With kind regards,
Nicol Klaubenschalk

Been to 987 Design Prague Hotel? Share your experiences!