“More of a conference hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel U Hvezdy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Belohorska 259, Prague 169 00 , Czech Republic   |
Ranked #490 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Derby, England, United Kingdom
“More of a conference hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

very cheap hotel at only £13 per room per night... however it shows.
Items in the room were broken, and it wasn't overly clean.

The breakfast was a little shoddy, a lot of food on offer however, it is all of a low quality.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Brno, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Non-smoking rooms are created from smoking rooms where is removed ashtray. Room smells of smoke terribly. Beds and furniture are old, also towels and sheets seems very tired. Hotel is cheap but for its quality it is still expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Scotts Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

It is reasonably priced and is conveniently located close to a tram stop (#22) which takes you to the Old Town. Breakfast, which was included with the room rate was satisfactory. Parking at the back is free and so is the wi-fi connection. We arrived late afternoon and the lady who checked us in was very nice and helpful.

The hotel shows signs of age and could do with a facelift - both in the exterior and interior.

The rooms are dimly lit and seem a bit depressing.

The shared bathroom (Rooms 101/102) had a hand held shower and the bracket that would hold up the shower was broken. I mentioned this to the daytime front desk lady and asked
her if this had been reported to her by housekeeping. She snootily replied that this was the first she heard of it and that if no one mentions it, she would not know about it. I was surprised at her reaction. I believe that this has been broken for a while and she just acted surprised. What leads me to come to this conclusion is that we stayed there for 4 days and 3 nights and it was never fixed. There was even no apology for this inconvenience nor was an explanation ever offered.

I have mixed feelings about recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are assigned Rooms 101/102, make sure the shower arm for the hand-held shower has been fixed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I did stop there for 1 night only, but I will remember all my life.
Chose this hotel because of its proximity to the airport.
This review is not about the state of the hotel, but about staff .
My flight was very early in the morning and when breakfast started, I had to be in a taxi already. Therefore, in the evening, we agreed with the administrator, that in the morning I'll drop by 5 minut earlier to take packed lunch with me . That's what I did. But when I started do a sandwich, the big big man ran from kitchen and started shouting " bad words ," I was stunned and just looked at him. He ran up to me and continued to shout " bad words ". The foam ran from his mouth. Then he began to wave his hands and showed me the on exit. I realized that administrator just forgot about me, but the time was running and I just put the cooked sandwich on the table and pointed to the administrator , making it clear to BIG guy, that I agreed with the administrator. But he just don't wanted to listen me. After, then Big man ran to the administrator and continued waving hands with foam from the mouth is near administrator. In general, the appetite was gone quickly. The "cultur" of your staff is on TOP. Do not want to stop there even for free. This is a horror and shame.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Prague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Reception very Kind, good breakfast. I'll be back in January. shame they do not change the towels and sheets every day. The services are still valid and responsive to price. tram 22 takes you to the city center and is also convenient for the airport at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

we picked the hotel as it is close to the airport. the pictures are far from the rooms we got. we had small apartment first floor near the reception .2 tiny rooms with a broken bathroom in between everything look old and not clean.very noisy from the street and from the water pipes in the bathroom.we skipped breakfast. staff is nice. expensive Chinese restaurant not far.

Room Tip: appartment face the street and noisy/
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Since we were looking for a budget hotel, we found the Hotel U Hvezdy to have adequate facilities at a pretty good price. The desk staff had good English and moved us to a room with wifi after we asked if this were possible.

The breakfast, which was included, was not bad, but we soon grew tired for the bread, sliced cheese, sliced meat (if there was any left), sweet buns, and tired-looking bowl of apples with the occasional nectarine. The coffee came from a push-button machine and the "juice" was more like well-flavoured water. The fact that the restaurant was closed for any other meals was disappointing as there were almost no other places to eat within walking distance of the hotel.

The sloping roof in our room cut into the available space, and having only one hardback chair meant we had to sit or lie on our beds to watch the small TV.

The tram on the same street as the hotel was a bonus although the trip to town was a good 20 to 25 minutes. Being able to buy our tram tickets from the front desk was another plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with wifi. I spent the our first couple of days sitting in the lobby when I wanted t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel U Hvezdy? Share your experiences!