“Decent location but..............” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #323 of 668 hotels in Prague
A TripAdvisor Member
“Decent location but..............”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Everything about our room was fine apart from two things and unfortunately they are both pretty major issues. The first issue was the sound proofing between our apartment with other apartments and the corridor. All the doors in the building were paper thin, you could hear your neighbours even though they weren't being loud, just bad design. This is very frustrating as you have to be super quiet, plus other people come home at all hours since Prague is a great night out. The second issue was lack of hot water on our last day, we didn't have time to ask the owner about the problem as we had to catch a train.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

A good base for a short budget conscious stay for several people in prague with more space than a hotel room. But if you want all mod cons then this is not for you.

Good bits: we paid €79 euros per night in total for a 2 bedroom apartment which could sleep 6 if needed. This was just before easter. Plenty of space with double beds and large living area. Very close to metro and tram and excellent cheap pizzeria nearby where you also get 15% discount. Staff at reception were very helpful in booking excursions for us. Small kitchen in apartment with fridge and breakfast brought to door in morning. Tranfers arranged to/from airport very good particularly as we had a late arrival time. Shop opposite apartments with cheap drinks and food.

Not so good bits: the kitchen is certainly not 'fully equipped'. No kettle, no toaster, no grill on cooker, no microwave. Boiling water for a hot drink was dangerous as the pans only had small metal grips which you had to hold with a tea towel and there was no proper lip to pour the water from. There were ants in the toilet coming through a crack in the wall which we stamped on each time we were in there! The main lights in the living area and bedrooms were very dim and there were no separate reading lights by the beds. The breakfast provided was minimal - 6 slices of white bread with a selection of spreads (we were provided with a toaster for 1 morning on request) and some sweet pastry things. Hot water for bath/shower only available in mornings.

• Stayed April 2012
ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012 via mobile

im am just home from a four night stay here.. firstly i booked here because it was a cheap short city break for me an my husband (364 euro) in total ( flights an accomadation)for this price i was expecting nothing to lavish.. i emailed the hotel with my details to be picked up from the airport which was great 30 single but 55 if you get taxi back to the airport.. we arrived at the hotel to find a lovely woman in reciption who gave us a map of the city with all the main attraction on she told us what trams or metro to use.. metro station just around the coner! she showed us to our room which was like a 1 bedroom appartment we had a piano in our room which i thaught was lovely.. id read the review on here before i left an new what to expect ..very different to what i usualy go for not the hilton but did the job for the short time we were there.. the breakfast was warm mini pastrys bread and a flask of coffee that was dilivered to your room at your chosen time each day...there is no hotel bar /restaurant here but plenty a stones through away...an albert supermarket just 5 minutes away... i really enjoyed my stay in prague the most beautiful city ive ever seen..

• Stayed March 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

This is quite simular to a prevous review as now iv made a proper account as my previous review was over easytobook.com, plus I am adding more detail to this one! :-D
Iv just returned today from a 3 night stay in Prague. This is great accomodation for budget travellers like myself as Im a student. The owners speak very good english, I arrived two hours early proir checking in time (2pm) and they let me keep my luggage in the reception to 2pm. They told me where everything was such as; supermarket, popular attractions and cheap restuaurants near the aprtement on a map she gave me. The rooms are reasonably nice, there not going to be spectular for £87.00 for 3 nighs.
Pros: quite large, different rooms, clean, always warm as the heating is constantly on in the winter, kitchenette with; fridge, hobs and and places to store food and crockery.
Cons: squeaky floor, unstable hand rail when going up the ladders to bed, tv doesnt work, cold floor, really thin walls which you can everything that happens outside and other rooms and really thats it to be honest.
I requested breakfast for 8.00am but it came 1 hour late and wasnt the best thing ever it consisted of just bread and pastries with coffee.
Another thing I noticed is each day things in room kept moving around for example I put some pate in the fridge next to some paste, the pate went missing and the paste moved places in the fridge, also some sweetners I brought with me went missing which I thought the same woman who delieved the breakfast in the morning comes back to collect the basket from our room.
Overall I would recomend this accomodation and I would go again, the location is superb litrally only 1 minute walk from the metro. There is a cheap Pizzaria just outside the metro which being a guess at the apetements you get 15% discount which me and my partner got two large pizzas and drinks for 300kc (£10) :-) worth a visit!
Hope this information helped anyone wanting a truthfull review of Residence Casa Italia in Prague! :-)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Pros: quite large, different rooms, clean, always warm as the heating is constantly on in the winter.
Cons: squeaky floor, unstable hand rail when going up the ladders to bed, tv doesnt work, cold floor and thats abouts it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

thankyou for a great stay. Our room was clean, comfortable and excellent for access to the city. The staff and owners all spoke english which made our life much easier, and were very helpful with advise. The hotel was beautifully decorated and perfectly situated for access to everything we needed. The hotel also arranged the airport transfers for us at very reasonable rates, which made our trip even more relaxing.
Top tip: eat and drink in the area local to the hotel, great food and service at prices worth taking a tram trip back from the city in the middle of the day.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a personal & quirky feel. Choose a ground floor room if you aren't keen...