“Great apartments in fantastic location with excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miss Sophie's

You added Miss Sophie's to your Saves list
Miss Sophie's
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Melounova 2-3, Prague 120 00, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Ranked #13 of 550 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great apartments in fantastic location with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

When I was looking for accommodation in Prague I was initially worried that this might be a hostel. However, the apartment was self contained and provided a great base for my stay.

The service was excellent, and the apartment was only a short walk from new town.

Would heartily recommend staying here. I certainly will next time I go!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hostel is in a very good location, this is 5 minute walk to the main attraction square and about 15-20 mins walk to Old Town where the tourist area is. The cafe opposite the hotel provides cheap beer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've been looking for apartment to stay in Prague for one week with my fiancee, and googling I found Miss Sophie's.

I don't know about hostel part, but I rented one of their apartments, and - wow! It was real flat located in the centre of Prague, fully furnished, and very clean. It was without air conditioning, but that was one of my requirements when I was looking for a place to stay, so I don't see it as negative at all.

Everything was fully functional inside, and no matter it was located centrally it was pretty quiet even with windows opened.

As I mentioned, location is really central, and it's just five minutes walking from Wenceslas Square. There's everything you need around when renting something like this - post office, groceries store, exchange office, so we didn't use public transport at all during our five days stay.

When coming to Prague next time, this would be my choice again for sure.

Room Tip: Just check their site. Rooms ARE really the same as on pictures.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dumbarton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Miss Sophie's is a hostel that isn't really aimed at the on-a-budget backpacker although it does have dorms. It owes more to the boutique hotel trend. If my experience over four nights was anything to go by, it is not a party hostel and has a slightly more mature clientele, business travellers included.
The location cannot be bettered on so many levels. It is situated in a quiet street in Prague 2 and is some 10 minutes walk from Wenceslas Square and is two metro stations away from the main train station. It is also near the tram stop for the panoramic tour that is the number 22.
There are double and twin rooms which boast an ensuite facilities, fridge, television, complimentary toiletries and coffee and tea making facilities - you may have to ask for these to be replenished however, as replacement tea bags etc are not automatically provided, Yes, there is a maid service here too. It is the most upmarket hostel this Tripadvisor has ever stayed in.
My experience was that staff were exceptionally helpful. From my first point of contact when I emailed them directly, I found them to be friendly, efficient and with a very sound grasp of customer service. That is hardly a given in a hostel but Miss Sophie's isn't any old hostel quite plainly.
The breakfast - which is not included in the price- takes place in hour-long sittings in a basement. There is a fresh cold buffet, including fruit, yoghurt, cereals etc but it doesn't stop there. Individual hot breakfasts such as scrambled eggs, pancakes, etc are whipped up by an expert and dedicated chef who works singlehandedly at her task. At first I wasn't sure that I would actually take breakfast in the hostel but when I tried it, I ended up doing so every day of my stay. It is also a convivial atmosphere where you can get chatting to other guests whether you are a solo traveller or not. A lot of thought has been put into this. It was a real highlight of my stay.
Miss Sophie's isn't cheap but it's an excellent bet. Particularly if you want to avoid a rowdy hostel but don't want to shell out more for a hotel. I've been in plenty of hostels in Eastern Europe and I can confidently say this is filling a gap in the market.
By the way, if you dislike noise ( and I do) management threaten that the ghost of Miss Sophie will appear to anyone failing to keep quiet after a certain time.
She must be a force to be reckoned with - as the hostel was quiet after hours for the full duration of my stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

If coming to this Wonderful City then I would recommend you stay here ! It's only a 10 min stroll to the Old Town and all the sights, Fantastic Location !! Also I read about the Breakfast , But it's true !
A MUST have when you stay , for 7 euro but keeps you going all day , if you eat everything like I did ??? Also the rooms are modern , clean and have all the items you find in a Pricer Hotel , Also
Girls for those of you who like baths , well they have !
If I come back to Prague then I will be coming back here for sure .....

Room Tip: If you stay here in summer , might be a bit hot at the top of the building where I was , then have a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in both the dorm and twin deluxe room. Value for money. Nice and chic. All rooms equipped with a rainshower.

Walking distance to National Museum and Wenceslas Square. Easy access to tramlines and Metro.

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Found the staff friendly, showed us to our rooms across the street from reception (next to a great Mexican bar with great food and friendly staff, also very cheap). The room had a double bed and a single bed, it's own seperate kitchen, and a fantastic bathroom (I think the room number was 2B). This is ideal for stag do's which I was on as the kitchen has a table and chairs for pre drinks before the night starts but I would also happily take my wife there for a romantic trip. The location was close enough for all the bars and was a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Miss Sophie's? Share your experiences!