“Amazing place in Prague!” 5 of 5 stars

Miss Sophie's
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Melounova 3, Prague 12000, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #15 of 420 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Amazing place in Prague!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Miss Sophie's is one of the best places I've been to in the world.
Great location, lovely design, fair price and the nicest helpful staff.
We stayed in a wonderful apartment and it really made our stay in Prague.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I found this design hotel on budgetplaces.com and it was exactly what i wanted. A lovely design hotel on a budget. Just a 10min walk from the city centre, this hotel is perfect located. Dont forget to take the breakfast, 1 big table with all you can eat breakie! They even make you pancakes... Thx for the great service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I and my group of friends stayed there for 3 nights in two 4-person rooms. The room was very spacious with a neat dining area, kitchen and nice toilet all en suite. We were allocated rooms on the top floor and we had ceiling windows which we could see the stars inside our rooms! The place was quiet and clean, and staff were extremely helpful and offered us a lot of travelling ideas, nice dinning places as well as money exchanges places! Though the location was bit off the main crowded tourists area, it only takes a nice 15 min walks from main spots. Definitely recommending it.

Room Tip: Try the 4-person rooms, it is spacious and still you can have privacy between beds!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cheshunt, Herts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have just returned from a weekend in Prague and stayed at Miss Sophie's. Absolutely fantastic value for money, the rooms are fabulous as are the breakfasts.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Miss Sophie’s to anyone and my partner and I would be more than happy to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in a 5 bed dorm and it was excellent. The rooms are roomy and the beds clean and very comfortable. The whole place is spotless and the showers are awesome. I also totally recommend breakfast. For the money you pay the value is excellent. My only gripe would be that the signage could be a little more prominent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Miss Sophie's is located a brisk 15min walk from the old town. It is very clean with very helpful staff. The breakfast is delicious. The only thing I would say is that it most definitely is a hotel and not a hostel even though there are dorm rooms! There is no communal area (except for the kitchens) to hang out and chat and not really any atmosphere! So depending on what you are after in Prague it could be a nice place to stay!

• Stayed January 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

So we arrived at the hotel and were greeted by a lovely guy who showed us to our room and recommended things to see and a place for our dinner close by. The room itself was lovely and spacious and the shower was amazing! We were in a room next to a baby, not ideal but oh well, not the end of the world! However, when it came to checking out they insisted that we hadn't paid for breakfast on the first day, which we definitely had. The breakfast itself was delicious but I did not appreciate having to pay for it twice. We were in a hurry so couldn't argue the point much, so I was forced to pay. When I was 28 CZK short they made me put it on card instead of just kindly accepting the loss. I thought this was very unhelpful and it made me leave Prague annoyed. Not a happy end to an otherwise pleasant trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MissSophies, Front Office Manager at Miss Sophie's, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Extended thank you from our team at Miss Sophie's for choosing to stay at Miss Sophie's during your visit to Prague!

I was sorry to read we had a misunderstanding about payment for breakfast. Being the reception manager, I was working a reception shift when I checked you in and I personally booked your breakfast. After we heard from you that you said to my colleague you had paid for breakfast to me, three of us repeatedly and carefully reviewed the reception camera record and confirmed that you did not pay anything when you were booking your breakfast. We also reviewed our accounts and confirmed that no payment was made. When you were checking out, we communicated to you the fact that we had reviewed our reception camera records in order to respond to your claim, and you raised no further claims at check out.

As the reception manager, I would like to assure you and any other guest, who books with us, that we would never want to overcharge any of our guests as a matter of moral obligation and professional ethics, and that (we take the extra mile to) as a matter of policy we check and double check our guest accounts if there is any claim or discrepancy.

Thanks again for your visit!

Been to Miss Sophie's? Share your experiences!