“Location and suite size could not be better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pachtuv Palace

You added Pachtuv Palace to your Saves list
Pachtuv Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karoliny Svetle 208/34, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Ranked #43 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Brisbane, Australia
“Location and suite size could not be better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

To have chosen a place in which Mozart himself had once stayed was great enough, though to be shown to a Junior Suite commanding amazing views to Prague Castle was even better. Not to mention said suite was massive, complete with King size bed, plus powder room, plus ensuite bathroom, plus a very large sitting room. The hotel's location was central to everything we could have wanted for our first trip to Prague, though it was quite and peaceful.

Room Tip: For the price, you cannot miss staying in a riverside Junior Suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest from Brisbane,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent Prague visit.

We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your comments with other travellers here on the Tripadvisor.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I booked a city break to Prague for my wife's 30th birthday. On speaking to others who had already been location was key, I was advised to ensure we would not be far from Charles Bridge so I selected this hotel and I wasn't disappointed! This hotel was about 100 metres from the bridge, 5 minutes from the old town square and even the castle was in sight! When we arrived we were met with a warm greeting, a glass of sparkling wine and an upgrade to a deluxe suite! The staff were very helpful and were there to help with restaurant suggestions and a booking service. One morning we had breakfast in the adjoining restaurant which, whilst the buffet breakfast seemed expensive, had a varied choice and good food. The one small downside was our room didn't have a river view, if you book I suggest you request this. Overall no hesitation for recommending Prague or the Mamaison Suite Hotel Patchuv Palace.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Andy,

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have just returned from four nights in this wonderful city and wow, what a gem of a hotel this is. On arrival we were greeted with a glass of sparkling wine, and a very informative young man. We were escorted to our room which was a complimentary upgrade - which had a large kingsize four poster bed (with rose petals in the shape of a heart), a separate lounge area with mini bar, safe and coffee machine. The views from our room which overlooked the river and Charles Bridge were nothing short of outstanding.

The hotel is ideally located close to Lesser Town and the Old Town, and only minutes walk from a good selection of Restaurants. The hotel has its own Restaurant and the menu looked wonderful, but we didnt dine there.

The staff were fantastic, including the gentleman who took us to the airport (via their own transport services). Although we didnt encounter any problems during our stay, whenever we came into contact with them (even just to say good morning/evening) they were welcoming, friendly and always with a smile on their faces.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and lovely decor. Lots of personal touches (including chocolates delivered to your room daily).

Free wifi was a huge plus too.

We spent four days exploring this beautiful city and dont think there is a hotel that even comes close to this hotel in terms of quality and location. Looking at some of the hotels in Lesser town they appeared to be tired and run down, and moving towards the city centre again these hotels did not have any appeal.

We had a fantastic stay at this hotel and I cannot fault them on anything. As someone who works in the hotel industry, I tend to find I operate a busmans holiday, but here I was relaxed and enjoyed my surroundings.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Lucie and all the team for a truly wonderful stay, and should I return to Prague I wouldn't think of anywhere else to stay but here.

Highly recommend this hotel and I cannot sing their praises enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river. We stayed in 402 which is amazing.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Helen,

Brentwood, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in March, we had a great suite that was bright and spacious, good enough for a small family. Could not ask for a better location next to Charles bridge and close to both lesser and old towns. Service was great and the facility has character of old palazzo not a cookie cutter type of hotel. The only drawback, finishes are starting to get tired and there were a few items that needed repair such as door lock, one TV didn't work and our room safe didn't work. We are very picky people about cleanliness, and well maintained facilities....these items would in no way deter us from staying in this hotel again. This is a great place to stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest from Brenntwood

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the entire team of Pachtuv Palace. I apologize for some overlooked details in the room, I would like to thank you for informing me about this. I will take care of an immediate improvement.

Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed twice at the Pachtuv Palace. At one occasion I stayed in a suite the size of an apartment (two bedrooms, large living room with kitchenette). This time around, I stayed in a beautiful and spacious room with high ceilings on the second floor. with a gorgeous view of the river and the castle. The large balcony was an extra treat as spring was setting in. Both times, I have enjoyed my stay immensely. The rooms are luxuriously furnished sport a modern yet classic interior design. The bathroom is spectacular as well as the comfortable four poster bed. The staff is exceptionally friendly and always happy to help. Pachtuv Palace is ideally located only walking minutes from the Charles bridge and the vibrant heart of the old city.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest from Leiden,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Our recent stay in the Pachtuv Palace was absolutely outstanding. Greeted upon arrival with a glass of bubbles to the news that we had been given a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite. The room was beautiful, but due to a problem with the drains and despite every effort by the hotel to remedy the situation, it didn't help and we requested another room. The Hotel couldn't have been more apologetic and accommodating and found us a room that very night, not only that it was a further upgrade to an Executive Suite. It was magnificent, and larger than our apartment in London! It's a fabulous hotel, in a perfect location so close to Charles Bridge, Mala Strana and a short walk to the Old Town Square. The staff were amazing and couldn't have been more helpful - nothing ever seemed to be too much trouble. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if we come back to Prague, we'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a River View room... rooms at the back of the hotel can be a little noisy due to night time...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest from London,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the entire team of Pachtuv Palace. I apologize for the issues with drains but I am happy to hear that the reception staff provided you with a good service and solved this issue efficiently.

Sannois, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed 4 days. We have been upgraded to a junior suite. The location is ideal to walk to pretty much everywhere.
Breakfast is good with special thanks to Ondrej for the homemade pancakes.
We recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest from Sannois,

Hotel Manager

Been to Pachtuv Palace? Share your experiences!