“The perfect place to stay to discover Prague over the week-end” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague

You added Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague to your Saves list
Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karoliny Svetle 34 | Praha 1, Prague 11000, Czech Republic   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #44 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Paris, France
“The perfect place to stay to discover Prague over the week-end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Pachtuv Palace is ideally located in the center of Prague, two minutes away from the bridge.
Despite being in a touristic area (and thus crowded at certain periods of the day), the hotel is really quiet, with large space to enjoy and relax. Everything is provided. Staff is really keen on pleasing you anytime without being oppressing.

100% recommended for any stay (it was our first in Prague and we will definitely come back).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Valued Guest from Paris,

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for having choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague.

We very appreciate that you shared your experience with other travellers among the Tripadvisor community.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

Once again thank you for your time and I would be very pleased to welcome you back to the Pachtuv Palace again.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

All in all it was a very nice hotel with very helpull staff and excellent location.

I also enjoyed the sculptures in the garden :)

I personally would prefer a bigger variety in breakfast bouffe but that's just a detail.

Dear Valued Guest from Athens,

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed recently for five nights at the Pachtuv Palace and had an excellent experience. We were greeted by three receptionists who were extremely helpful. One checked us in, while another gathered leaflets on local attractions and poured us complimentary champagne and another took our bags to our room. We were given a free upgrade to a suite instead of the double room we had booked.

The suite was beautiful. It had antique, dark wood furniture including a fourposter bed and parquet flooring. It had a mini kitchen and a lovely modern bathroom. The hotel has a lovely courtyard with sculptures in it which our suite faced onto. The room was meticulously clean and kept that way throughout the stay.

The hotel is very quiet despite being close to bars and restaurants and it is in an extremely convenient location just down from the Charles Bridge. The Charles Bridge is a 2 minute walk, the National Grand Theatre is a 5 minute walk, the Old Town Square is 5-10 minutes walk, Wenceslas Square is around 15 minute walk.

We would most definitely stay here again.

Dear Valued Guest from Belfast,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

Roeselare, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I've been here with my girlfriend for 3 nights, as the welcome, as the staff, as the room are very very very good. I broke a glass, and 2 minutes later the cleaning service was already there to clean up. The rooms are very big and nice and clean! One of my best experiences in a hotel in Prague. One of my top hotels I've done ever. I only can recommend it.. also the place it has in the city is just perfect, very central just nearby the karls bridge.. you even haver rooms with vieuw on the river and there is absolutely no noice at night! I give this hotel a 10, because they deserve a ten!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Thomas,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The location of the luxury hotel is perfect, just besides charles bridge, everything is within walking distance. The restaurant is well decorated but not expensive, we recommend duck leg and black beer, which is very tasty. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite, so that my 6-year-old son could have his own bedroom. we used the hotel's trasport service to the airport the day we left Prague, which was very convenient in the early moring. we didn't have breakfast in the hotel since I thought it was expensive compared to dinner, so we'd rather to go to cafe Louvre.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest from Beijing,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, especially the location, our restaurant and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This was a great hotel and great value! It's location just off the water - but there are no other building in front so you have a view of the river, the Charles Bridge and the Castle! It's worth paying for a river view room.

This was the only hotel we stayed in in Europe that truly had a "King Bed." While there are less staff than you may be used to in a 5-start US hotel, it's great service! The location is also great bc it's an easy 5 minute walk to the old town square where most of the tours are located.

The room was clean, nicely decorated, huge bed, big bath, it even had a kitchen unit! My husband is quite tall, so we always appreciate a big bathroom.

If you're going to Prauge, this is a hotel worth checking out!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest from New York City,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the view from your room, your room, our staff members and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This place deserves all the 5 star reviews it gets. What an incredible value for your money here. For what I consider to be a not-so-expensive rate, you get not only the quality, but also the service of a much, much more expensive hotel.

I stayed here on my first trip to Prague. I had read a lot about the cabs from the airport there and to watch out. I thought I would call the hotel and ask them how much a cab ride should be from the airport to be sure I wouldn't get scammed. They did provide me an estimate, then proceeded to offer a private car to pick me up instead. Which I opted for. There was a well dressed, well mannered, English speaking man waiting for me with my name on a sheet of paper when I arrived who took my bags and took me to the waiting car. The car was a regional brand (which I did not recognize, surprisingly), black, leather, the interior was warmed (it was cold outside), tons of leg room. I felt like a movie star. We drove through the beautiful city and I asked stupid questions about stuff to which he had all the answers to. When we arrived, after he brought my things to the front desk, he asked if I would prefer to have the ride billed to the room, and I accepted. Then I worried how much this just cost me... turned out, it was the same price as a normal cab from the airport! Unreal.

I approached the desk to a very welcoming young lady who accepted my passport and had another employee bring me a drink of my choosing while I sat and waited in the extremely beautiful lobby area. Only a few minutes later everything was ready to go, and a bellman escorted me to my room. Now I've stayed in plenty of hotels in Europe... even the modern ones are small (by American standards), but this place was HUGE. It was bigger than my first apartment in Germany, where I lived with my wife, son, dog, and cat! Absolutely massive hotel room. A bed area, a living room, a small kitchen area, a large desk, and a gigantic bathroom, complete with plush slippers and an extremely comfortable fluffy white robe. I simply could not believe the room. Absolutely spotless, everything was basically perfect.

The location? How about 100m from the East end of the Charles Bridge? I walked to everything! The palace was almost 3km walking, but what an unbelievable walk! So much to see in such a beautiful city! The food and cafes around the hotel were just amazing. Vibrant at night (but not loud!), really an incredible experience.

The only thing I can say that is not disgustingly positive about this hotel is that the breakfast did not start until 8am. This does not deserve a markdown because I was in Prague on business (chose the location for a LITTLE bit of enjoyment), and this was clearly not a business hotel (although they had free internet, fast too). So that is not the hotel's shortcoming, but mine for choosing it. For what its worth, most of the other reviews said that breakfast was really really delicious, so I will be sure to have it next time I'm in town.

I will absolutely not stay at another hotel in Prague.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lucie D, General Manager at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Brian from Germany,

I would like to take the opportunity and thank for choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague, also thank you for a fantastic review you shared with other travellers here on the Tripadvisor.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will definitely share your comments with all the team members.

Once again thank you for your time and I would be very pleased to welcome you back to the Pachtuv Palace again,

Lucie Dagan

Been to Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague? Share your experiences!