“A luxruious experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague

You added Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague to your Saves list
Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karoliny Svetle 34 | Praha 1, Prague 11000, Czech Republic   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #44 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Berlin, Germany
“A luxruious experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This place deserves all the 5 star reviews it gets. What an incredible value for your money here. For what I consider to be a not-so-expensive rate, you get not only the quality, but also the service of a much, much more expensive hotel.

I stayed here on my first trip to Prague. I had read a lot about the cabs from the airport there and to watch out. I thought I would call the hotel and ask them how much a cab ride should be from the airport to be sure I wouldn't get scammed. They did provide me an estimate, then proceeded to offer a private car to pick me up instead. Which I opted for. There was a well dressed, well mannered, English speaking man waiting for me with my name on a sheet of paper when I arrived who took my bags and took me to the waiting car. The car was a regional brand (which I did not recognize, surprisingly), black, leather, the interior was warmed (it was cold outside), tons of leg room. I felt like a movie star. We drove through the beautiful city and I asked stupid questions about stuff to which he had all the answers to. When we arrived, after he brought my things to the front desk, he asked if I would prefer to have the ride billed to the room, and I accepted. Then I worried how much this just cost me... turned out, it was the same price as a normal cab from the airport! Unreal.

I approached the desk to a very welcoming young lady who accepted my passport and had another employee bring me a drink of my choosing while I sat and waited in the extremely beautiful lobby area. Only a few minutes later everything was ready to go, and a bellman escorted me to my room. Now I've stayed in plenty of hotels in Europe... even the modern ones are small (by American standards), but this place was HUGE. It was bigger than my first apartment in Germany, where I lived with my wife, son, dog, and cat! Absolutely massive hotel room. A bed area, a living room, a small kitchen area, a large desk, and a gigantic bathroom, complete with plush slippers and an extremely comfortable fluffy white robe. I simply could not believe the room. Absolutely spotless, everything was basically perfect.

The location? How about 100m from the East end of the Charles Bridge? I walked to everything! The palace was almost 3km walking, but what an unbelievable walk! So much to see in such a beautiful city! The food and cafes around the hotel were just amazing. Vibrant at night (but not loud!), really an incredible experience.

The only thing I can say that is not disgustingly positive about this hotel is that the breakfast did not start until 8am. This does not deserve a markdown because I was in Prague on business (chose the location for a LITTLE bit of enjoyment), and this was clearly not a business hotel (although they had free internet, fast too). So that is not the hotel's shortcoming, but mine for choosing it. For what its worth, most of the other reviews said that breakfast was really really delicious, so I will be sure to have it next time I'm in town.

I will absolutely not stay at another hotel in Prague.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lucie D, General Manager at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Brian from Germany,

I would like to take the opportunity and thank for choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague, also thank you for a fantastic review you shared with other travellers here on the Tripadvisor.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will definitely share your comments with all the team members.

Once again thank you for your time and I would be very pleased to welcome you back to the Pachtuv Palace again,

Lucie Dagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

An excellent hotel. Location was practically seconds away from the top sites. Prague is a much smaller city then expected which made it easy to travel fast from one place to another. We arrived in the evening with a warm welcome by two lovely gentleman on main reception. A small man on the big desk and a big man on the small desk. We were offered complimentary drinks on arrival and departure and escorted to our room. The hotel room was wonderfully decorated for our anniversary, with lady bird chocolates and petals in the shape of a heart on the bed as well as scattered around the bath tub. The rooms are very spacious and provided with an easy to use safe to keep our belongings protected. No fault with the room what so ever. Bathroom supplied with complimentary bath sets. Rooms were cleaned for us every day not even on request so that was lovely to come back to. The same gentle man on reception provided great recommendations to eat when we enquired and we were satisfied with the answers. This hotel is well worth the value based on its hygiene, service, complimentary gifts, but most surely based on location. To say we only stayed two nights on a romantic anniversary we bumped into the reception man out of the hotel and he was ever so nice to recognise us and stop to chat. Staff were lovely. Check out time is 12 o'clock! Otherwise charges apply if any later.
Highly recommended and plan to return in the summertime.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest from Notthingham,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel in every way, from the service to the location - it is really hard to beat. We stayed in January and were upgraded to a stunning river view suite. It was large, spotlessly clean and well equipped with everything a tourist could possibly need.

The staff were professional and incredibly helpful on arrival. Well done and thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Adana, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

When we checked in, we had a major problem with our room. However, they handled the problem very well and upgraded us to an amazing room. We are very impressed the guest relations and service. The hotel has amazing location, walking distance to everywhere. The hotel itself is very quaint with a pretty garden. Definitely recommend!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest from Adana, Turkey,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I am sorry for the issues you had upon checkin but I am very happy to hear that our team members took great care of your needs. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the team of Pachtuv Palace.

Winter Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The Mamaison Hotel Pachtuv Palace in Prague is an excellent choice for those who wish to avoid the big US-based chain hotels in favor of a historical boutique experience in the heart of one of Europe's most charming cities. This hotel was originally a palace (mansion) and is located within a sixty second walk from the Charles Bridge and a five minute walk from Old Town Square, making it a very convenient spot to either the castle. The interior of the hotel has been updated to provide all of the modern needs of travel yet while still keeping the historic feel. The staff was very pleasant, helpful, and efficient.

Room Tip: Request a room with a castle view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest from Winter Park, Florida

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for choosing the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace as your Prague destination stay.

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the location, the interior and our staff members and you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the team of Pachtuv Palace. This will in turn inspire all of us to seek to improve on quality and to continue to provide excellent service to our guests in the future.

Elancourt, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great location, nice room quiet , cosy and with a very nice view on the castle.. The staff was very accommodating and kind.The location is perfect for visiting all parts of the city.Many restaurants and bars around. Note: you can't choose the type of breakfast when booking on internet.So don't book it and choose some less expensive breakfast on site at the restaurant if you aren't "morning eaters" like us!
A very perfect stay for us to end the year 2013.( French couple, 50 years old from Paris. 4 days between 29/12/2013 and 1/01/2014. ) .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest from Elancourt,

It was with great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the views from your room, ourt staff mmebers who you found accommodating and kind, the location and you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. I will be more than happy to pass your valuable comments onto the team of Pachtuv Palace. This will in turn inspire all of us to seek to improve on quality and to continue to provide excellent service to our guests in the future.

Chigwell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We had 2 beautiful suites in this hotel overlooking the river which was fabulous. One of our rooms was upgraded from a junior suite to a deluxe suite, which was great. The views are amazing. The restaurant staff are very friendly and helpful particularly Thomas, but front of house/reception in the hotel are very rude, arrogant and unhelpful. I would not go again because of the attitude of the people at reception, particularly the lady who was the most rude. We paid a lot of money for 2 suites for 4 days and just expected some manners and common courtesy, not too much to ask for. We would definitely not go back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest from Chigwell,

Thank you for choosing the Pachtuv Palace Hotel as your Prague destination stay.

We very much appreciate that you took the time to post the review on the tripadvisor, thus making a contribution to our on-going effort to improve the services of our hotel. In this respect all comments from our guests are helpful and valuable for us.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your free upgrade, your rooms, the hotel in general and the restaurant staff members. On the other hand it is very disappointing to read your comments about the reception staff members. I am very sorry to learn that some aspects of the quality of the hotel did not meet the usual standards of Pachtuv Palace. I would very much appreciate if you could share more details with me regarding your issues and the name of employees you are referring to. You can do that on my email ldagan at mamaison.com. I will be looking forward to hear from you and do all the necessary to prevent similar complains in the future.

The team of Pachtuv Palace will do its best to improve on the quality in the future. We are sorry that we could not satisfy all your expectations this time and very much hope that we will have the opportunity to provide you with better service during your next stay.

We shall be very pleased to welcome you to the Hotel Pachtuv Palace again.

Yours sincerely,

Lucie Dagan

Been to Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague? Share your experiences!