This place deserves all the 5 star reviews it gets. What an incredible value for your money here. For what I consider to be a not-so-expensive rate, you get not only the quality, but also the service of a much, much more expensive hotel.
I stayed here on my first trip to Prague. I had read a lot about the cabs from the airport there and to watch out. I thought I would call the hotel and ask them how much a cab ride should be from the airport to be sure I wouldn't get scammed. They did provide me an estimate, then proceeded to offer a private car to pick me up instead. Which I opted for. There was a well dressed, well mannered, English speaking man waiting for me with my name on a sheet of paper when I arrived who took my bags and took me to the waiting car. The car was a regional brand (which I did not recognize, surprisingly), black, leather, the interior was warmed (it was cold outside), tons of leg room. I felt like a movie star. We drove through the beautiful city and I asked stupid questions about stuff to which he had all the answers to. When we arrived, after he brought my things to the front desk, he asked if I would prefer to have the ride billed to the room, and I accepted. Then I worried how much this just cost me... turned out, it was the same price as a normal cab from the airport! Unreal.
I approached the desk to a very welcoming young lady who accepted my passport and had another employee bring me a drink of my choosing while I sat and waited in the extremely beautiful lobby area. Only a few minutes later everything was ready to go, and a bellman escorted me to my room. Now I've stayed in plenty of hotels in Europe... even the modern ones are small (by American standards), but this place was HUGE. It was bigger than my first apartment in Germany, where I lived with my wife, son, dog, and cat! Absolutely massive hotel room. A bed area, a living room, a small kitchen area, a large desk, and a gigantic bathroom, complete with plush slippers and an extremely comfortable fluffy white robe. I simply could not believe the room. Absolutely spotless, everything was basically perfect.
The location? How about 100m from the East end of the Charles Bridge? I walked to everything! The palace was almost 3km walking, but what an unbelievable walk! So much to see in such a beautiful city! The food and cafes around the hotel were just amazing. Vibrant at night (but not loud!), really an incredible experience.
The only thing I can say that is not disgustingly positive about this hotel is that the breakfast did not start until 8am. This does not deserve a markdown because I was in Prague on business (chose the location for a LITTLE bit of enjoyment), and this was clearly not a business hotel (although they had free internet, fast too). So that is not the hotel's shortcoming, but mine for choosing it. For what its worth, most of the other reviews said that breakfast was really really delicious, so I will be sure to have it next time I'm in town.
I will absolutely not stay at another hotel in Prague.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Pachtuv Palace is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Otel, Despegar.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague