“Comfortable and Welcoming in Every Way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pachtuv Palace

You added Pachtuv Palace to your Saves list
Pachtuv Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karoliny Svetle 208/34, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Upgrade to Suite
Ranked #55 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable and Welcoming in Every Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is warm and welcoming with a friendly and professional staff. We had a beautiful suite, perfect for our family of 3, with an incredible view of the river, Charles Bridge and Prague Castle. The entire staff was very helpful and responsive, and gave us good suggestions for a variety of restaurants. The hotel breakfast buffet was lovely. And you can't beat the location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Philadelphia,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace Prague. I appreciate your time taken to share your comments with other travelers.

I was happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, especially our friendly and professional staff as well as your room and the hotel location.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon.

Lucie Dagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Durham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights last week and fully enjoyed the stay. The Pachtuv Palace is superbly placed to see all the sights that Prague has to offer. We were able to walk everywhere from the hotel and were so close to the Charles Bridge. We had a deluxe double room, which looked onto the courtyard, giving us the quiet and private stay we wanted. Our huge room was very cosy and comfortable and we would recommend it to anyone visiting Prague.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sue from Durham,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague. Also thank you for taking the time to share your comments here on the Tripadvisor.

The whole team and I appreciate your compliments and we are happy that we could make your stay enjoyable. It is great to know that you enjoyed our location as well as your guest room.

I hope to welcome you back when your future plans will bring you back to Prague.

With kindest regards,

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Pachtuv was a pleasant experience. A small boutique hotel with attentive service, well appointed rooms and (at least from my room) great views of the Charles Bridge. The front desk people are knowledgeable and willing to help. Everything was going great... and then we got stuck in the elevator. Literally. They responded fast and got us out of it in a blink. But then it happened again a couple of hours later. With my room been on the third floor this became a nuisance. Apparently it happens quite often since we heard other guests complain about it too. We took it in stride and all things considered I still recommend this hotel. Just don't eat in their restaurant! Amade restaurant, on the opposite side of the entrance courtyard from the reception, is a ghastly leftover from the communist era with bad food and worse service where one of my friends got food poisoning from a club sandwich. But that's another review.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from Miami,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel for your recent stay in Prague. Also thank you for taking your time to share your comments with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor.

Please accept my apology regarding the issues with the elevator. We experienced a technical difficulty for several days and the company providing the service had to wait for a delivery of a broken part which was causing the whole issue and the delay of a repair. This is definitely not an excuse and I apologize your stay was affected by it. It is absolutely understandable that it was a nuisance and I am sorry we failed in removing the issue faster. At this moment the elevator is working without any problems.

I am also sorry for your bad experience with Amade restaurant. Although this restaurant is rented and therefore it has different management from the hotel one I still feel responsible for your dissatisfaction. I wish to know about the incident while you were still staying with us. I will discuss it with the restaurant owner and demand an improvement.

On the other hand I was very pleased to read your compliments regarding our attentive service, rooms and great views. I will forward your feedback to our reception staff.
Thank you very much for your recommendations and your rating even though your stay wasn’t perfect.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back,

Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! When we arrived we were greeted at a table with refreshments by Tomas. He was extremely helpful, booked us several shows and dinners.A five minute walk to the Old Village Sq. and 2 minutes to the Charles Bridge. GREAT LOCATION!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest from Illiniois,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review which you shared with other travelers here on the Tripadvisor. Also thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague.

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the service given to you by Tomas. I will make sure to forward your compliments to him. I am more than sure that he will appreciate it.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon,

With kindest regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Booked this for a short weekend and would recommend it. Great location just a stones throw away from Charles Bridge. It was great to walk out straight onto the river front but it is close to several night clubs so not sure it would be very quiet in peak season! The road noise and stag groups passing by were quite noisey. We didnt opt for the breakfast as it was very expensive in comparison to local cafes and bakeries- as was the restaurant. Several local convenience stores to the left of the hotel if you need bottled water etc.

We did use the car service from the airport which was very efficient and although more expensive than the taxis from the rank was reliable and a really nice mercedes so cant complain!

The staff were very welcoming with a glass of sparkling wine. We couldn't tell if the staff were trying to sell us the local tours or just being overly helpful. But you will receive plenty of leaflets on tours etc!!

The room was a great size but a little run down/used condition. It looked really impressive but the quality of the finish was not as high as some luxury hotels we have visited. Loved the little chocolates on the pillow at night- really did make you feel at home.

Would recommend this hotel for its location alone

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest from London,

Thank you for recommending Pachtuv Palace to other travelers as well as thank you for the review which you recently posted on the Tripadvisor. We appreciate you chose our hotel among the others in Prague.

I was pleased to read your kind words regarding our staff members and warm welcome. I was disappointed to read that you found your room to be in a used condition. We are regularly maintaining all the rooms by general cleaning and general technical checks. I will check on the room you stayed in to see and our technician will do all the necessary to improve the quality of finishing.

Regarding the street noise I was little surprised you were disturbed by loud groups on the streets. In all rooms we have double glass windows to prevent it and I don’t usually receive complains regarding the noise from our guests. I am sorry if your stay was distracted by it.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed overall service and the location, as well as the turn down service with the chocolate on the pillow.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in Prague and our hotel soon,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We walked into a warm welcome with friendly staff and a glass of champagne and a complimentary upgrade to a beautiful suite. the hotel is lovely. clean. gorgeous views and fantastic location. the staff were so professional and polite including the driver who took us to the airport. highly recommend this hotel to my own friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest from The Peach State,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay mainly because of the warm welcome and overall friendliness of our staff members as well as you enjoyed the location and your suite with its views.
I will also pass your compliments on our driver. I am happy you enjoyed our hotel limousine service.

Thank you for your recommendations and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you, your friends or family at Pachtuv Palace soon.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Hotel is ideally located right beside the Charles bridge and a few minutes from the Old town.
The Hotel itself is quite luxurious massive rooms, a massive 4 poster comfy bed large bath and shower room a nice touch is every night a Hotel staff member closes the curtains and turns the bed down and leaves chocolates at the bedside well the wife's liked that. Big fridges and tea and coffee facilities could not ask for anymore.
Onto the staff they are very polite and helpful and make you feel welcome as soon as you enter the Hotel. Before I went I was emailing the Hotel and to be fair they emailed right away and answered my questions. Not a single complaint about this Hotel at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest from Scotland,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace Prague. We appreciate you chose our hotel among all the others.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with your room and its facilities, as well as our staff members which you found polite and helpful.

We all hope to welcome you back at our hotel soon,