“A fabulous hotel brilliantly placed.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pachtuv Palace

You added Pachtuv Palace to your Saves list
Pachtuv Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karoliny Svetle 208/34, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Ranked #73 of 666 Hotels in Prague
“A fabulous hotel brilliantly placed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We got a really good offer on this hotel and got amazing value for money. The hotel is right next to the Charles Bridge so perfect for exploring all the main sights in Prague by foot. It looks over the river although you have to pay a premium for the river view. We had a deluxe room ie their basic and it was really luxurious. Four poster bed, kitchenette, lovely bathroom, separate toilet, free wifi, dressing gown and slippers. Ours also had a an outdoor seating area (not tested in December...). The staff were very helpful and everything we asked for was accommodated. We did not eat here so can't comment on the food. On our last day they were using the hotel to film a Czech movie so we got to watch the action briefly :). Prague is a beautiful city and I would heartily recommend this hotel as a perfect place to stay.

• 5 of 5 stars
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback here on the Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to find out that our guests are happy and enjoy their stay at Pachtuv Palace. I am happy to hear your compliments on the service and I will forward it to my colleagues, your comments abour hotel facilities are also highly appreciated..

I wish you wonderful Christmas season and Happy New Year 2013,

Lancs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We visited for 3 nights in Dec 2012 for my birthday weekend in Prague. The hotel is attractive inside and out and in a great location along the river seconds from the Charles bridge and very close to the Metro, tram and bus stops. It is only minutes from Old town square and other attractions such as theatres and churches. Apparently Mozart once resided in the building although we weren't told anything further...

Our room was on the first floor and while it didn't have quite the great views other people have mentioned, we could see the river and while it didn't benefit from any balcony, it didn't really matter to us because we were out a lot and it was far too cold to be on a balcony anyway!

The room itself was lovely and spacious with a large and very comfortable four poster bed, A bath in the bathroom big enough for two and a fantastic Tassimo type machine and a kettle tucked away in a little kitchenette for a quick cuppa. Everything else was good quality and more importantly in one piece! There was also free WiFi in every room which was quick and always worked and came as a great help. The TV had very limited English channels and we couldn't seem to get any pay per view films etc but again it didn't bother us but I know that some people like them.

While we didn't get any of the perks other people seem to have benefited from i.e. upgrades and arrival drinks etc, on our few brief encounters with the staff we found them friendly and efficient and happy to accommodate and help however they could.

There is a restaurant in the hotel which we didn't have chance to try but it certainly looked very nice and seemed to have a good reputation with other people we spoke to and the prices seemed reasonable.

As with most hotel, The mini bar was as ever over-priced (although not quite as bad as some we have been in) as was the room service especially when you added the seemingly obligatory charge which was in itself more than a lot of the dishes!

All in all, A very nice hotel which we would certainly stay at again.

Room Tip: Even the standard rooms are excellent and so I would think It is probably well worth the small addit...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Pachtuv Palace and also thank you for your positive feedback.
I am happy to find out that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we could be part of your Prague experience. Thank you for your compliments on room, staff and services. Feedbacks like yours mean a lot to us.

I apologize you weren’t offered a glass of sparkling wine upon arrival. Do you remember the name of a person who checked you in? I would like to find out why they didn’t offer you this service as it is part of our welcome treatment for every guest. I was disappointed to hear that. I also apologize for the problem with the pay tv. I am not aware of any problems and will make the technician to check this service in all the rooms. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

As per the Mozarts stay at Pachtuv Palace, I wonder if you asked the reception about the story? The story says The old Count Jan Josef Pachta considered to be an important person, was famous for his musical tradition, and had his own orchestra. Many prominent personalities and musicians have grazed the walls of Pachta’s palace among many being Giacomo Casanova, Richard Wagner, Ludwig Van Beethoven, but the most esteemed guest above all was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, who was a frequent visitor of the Count. It was at the palace that Mozart and Casanova met for the first time, it was to be the first and last encounter between the two.

It is told that Mozart had promised the Count on several occasions to compose six dances for him for his ensemble, however Mozart always had an excuse or an engagement to meet. One evening the Count invented a clever ruse and tricked Mozart to a dinner at the Palace. When Mozart arrived at the designated room, he found to his dismay spread out on a table, ink and parchment and no one around, only himself and the Count.

Mozart seemed to be annoyed and said: “It means that I´m your prisoner. For how long will that be?” Pachta replied: “ It depends on you. The sooner you finish the work, the sooner you will be free.”

Then he left rather unhappy Mozart looking out of the window on the river. At noon he finished his compositions. The same evening a big ball was held in the Pachta house and everyone could listen to Mozart´s new dances. The atmosphere was wonderful and Mozart but especially his wife were overjoyed.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back at our hotel in the future.

Have a wonderful Christmas,

with kind regards,

Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was upgraded to a suite on what was the last stop on a four week tour of Italy and Prague. The staff were amazing and could not do enough to assist. A champagne was waiting for me on my arrival which was a great touch. The room was great and had an excellent view of the Charles Bridge and the Castle - although there were scaffolding for renovations - still did not detract from the view. The staff arranged for a tour for me which was really good. The wireless internet was strong and I easily communicated back home on Skype numerous times over a amble and satisfying breakfast. The location is fantastic and within walking distance of everywhere. The cafes and bars around have great food as does the hotel. I sincerely recommend this hotel to travellers. Thank you Mamaison.

Room Tip: Get an upgrade to a suite if you can!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I am happy to find out that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we could be part of your Prague experience. Thank you so very much for the compliments about the employees as well as the restaurant Amade.

I apologize for the reconstruction of the building and the impact it might have on your stay. Thank you for being so understandable. The façade is done as of end of November and now we have our views back.

I hope to welcome you back in the future,

I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2013!

With kind regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I actually stayed here last Thanksgiving (2011) with my mom on a 5 day vacation in Prague.
Hotel is well located and the room is spacious with plenty storage areas. We had the standard double with a private terrace facing the courtyard at a corner. The room is also equipped with a small kitchenette hiding inside an armoire. The toilet room is separated from the bathroom with its own tiny sink. The hotel offers basic toiletries from L'Occitane, sewing kit, bath robes, shoe shine kit, and an umbrella for guests that didn't bring their own.

Staffs are courteous and helpful. You get a welcome drink upon arrival and free WiFi in the lobby (complimentary wired internet access in all rooms). We also took their airport transfer service which we enjoyed as well. The hotel restaurant, Amade, is also wonderful, highly recommended to have at least one meal during the stay there!

Location is unbeatable because it sits in the heart of Prague. All the sites are within walking distance and Charles Bridge is only 5 minutes away. Subway and tram stations are also nearby.

I highly recommended this hotel for those who wanted an affordable, yet luxury stay in Prague!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank llc2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback here on the Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to find out that our guests are happy and enjoy their stay at Pachtuv Palace. I am happy to hear your compliments on the service and I will definitely share this review with my colleagues.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were so relieved when we arrived here after randomly booking from an internet deal. Very warm welcome and glass of prosecco before we were taken to our lovely four poster bed room. The bathroom was well decorated and very clean with everything you'd expect (Bar an IRON!). From being used to crappy hotels in London this was luxury and its right on the river, next charles bridge...you couldnt be more central without being on a side street above a bar (and noone wants that:-) ) The nextday a film crew arrived to film a czech movie which was interesting and made us feel very glam but meant we had to shuffle to the empty restaurant to wait for our taxi when we left. Understandable but worth mentioning. Do have breakfast there- the english fry up is actually a real treat after the day before where we tried breakfast elsewhere in town (expensive and weird) Go for the menu instead of buffet which is stupidly expensive for what it is. Overall a really really nice stay we were very sad to leave!

Room Tip: we didnt see others but eventhough we didnt have a room/balcony it was absolutely fine. Its winter a...
1 Thank europhile13_13
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and also thank you for your recent stay at Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace in Prague.

I am happy to find out that you have enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with the services, room as well as the hotel breakfast.

I apologize if the filming crew was an inconvenience for you and if it had impact on your stay. I agree that the reception should mention it to you and I am sorry they forgot. They were filming a Czech movie fairy tale that will be on TV next Christmas.

I hope to welcome you back soon. Prague in Spring is beautiful.

Yours sincerely,

Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I don't know where to start really with Pachtuv Palace - the most central location, literally just two steps away from Charles Bridge and other beauties or Prague? Or should I mention the suites - enormous apartments even, we had a Junior Suite definitely worth its price with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, large sitting room, large windows into two beautiful courtyards? Or the impeccable service - efficient yet hardly noticeable? Of the lesser note, but also contributing to a great experience were breakfast buffet, selection of wines in the evening, frescoes in the suites and gorgeous reception areas for sitting with friends, waiting or playing cards... If you are going to Prague, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback here on the Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to find out that our guests are happy and enjoy their stay at Pachtuv Palace. I am happy to hear your compliments on the service and I will forward it to my colleagues.

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

From the moment we checked in to our departure we were treated like royalty. starting with a glass of champagne. The architecture, furniture, courtyard, everything reminds you of Old Europe. Our room, or should I say our apartment, was very well appointed and comfortable. The service is excellent. The location close to Charles Bridge and within walking distance of the Old Town makes it a perfect choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple