We visited for 3 nights in Dec 2012 for my birthday weekend in Prague. The hotel is attractive inside and out and in a great location along the river seconds from the Charles bridge and very close to the Metro, tram and bus stops. It is only minutes from Old town square and other attractions such as theatres and churches. Apparently Mozart once resided in the building although we weren't told anything further...
Our room was on the first floor and while it didn't have quite the great views other people have mentioned, we could see the river and while it didn't benefit from any balcony, it didn't really matter to us because we were out a lot and it was far too cold to be on a balcony anyway!
The room itself was lovely and spacious with a large and very comfortable four poster bed, A bath in the bathroom big enough for two and a fantastic Tassimo type machine and a kettle tucked away in a little kitchenette for a quick cuppa. Everything else was good quality and more importantly in one piece! There was also free WiFi in every room which was quick and always worked and came as a great help. The TV had very limited English channels and we couldn't seem to get any pay per view films etc but again it didn't bother us but I know that some people like them.
While we didn't get any of the perks other people seem to have benefited from i.e. upgrades and arrival drinks etc, on our few brief encounters with the staff we found them friendly and efficient and happy to accommodate and help however they could.
There is a restaurant in the hotel which we didn't have chance to try but it certainly looked very nice and seemed to have a good reputation with other people we spoke to and the prices seemed reasonable.
As with most hotel, The mini bar was as ever over-priced (although not quite as bad as some we have been in) as was the room service especially when you added the seemingly obligatory charge which was in itself more than a lot of the dishes!
All in all, A very nice hotel which we would certainly stay at again.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mamaison Suites Hotel Pachtuv Palace is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.