“The real sense of Old Europe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pachtuv Palace

You added Pachtuv Palace to your Saves list
Pachtuv Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karoliny Svetle 208/34, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Upgrade to Suite
Ranked #55 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Montreal
“The real sense of Old Europe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

From the moment we checked in to our departure we were treated like royalty. starting with a glass of champagne. The architecture, furniture, courtyard, everything reminds you of Old Europe. Our room, or should I say our apartment, was very well appointed and comfortable. The service is excellent. The location close to Charles Bridge and within walking distance of the Old Town makes it a perfect choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a few days and wish I could have stayed longer. I used the aiport pick up service, which i would recommend. At the hotel, I was greeted by extremely friendly staff who showed me to my more than spacious room. It was more like an apartment and very unique. Exposed beams in the ceiling, very cool. The decor was beautiful and I loved each of the rooms in my suite. The bathroom was lovely, with great shampoo/lotions and cozy slippers and robes. Everything I needed was available in the room, even maps and a letter from the hotel stating all the events that were going on while I was there and daily weather reports. The wifi was free and I never had a problem using it. Breakfast was included, which was wonderful. They had a huge assortment of food, never running out of anything. They were undergoing some construction on the front of the building but it was not bothersome at all. The inside of the building was absolutely gorgeous.(and CLEAN) They had courtyard areas where you could sit when the weather is nice. My favorite part was all the sculptures they had throughout the courtyard and hotel. I mentioned how much I loved it to the manager, who was cool enough to explain to me all about the artist (Lea Vivot). Her and the rest of staff were really amazing, always friendly and very professional, giving me great advice and tips about the city. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and I will definetly stay here gain when I return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague. I would also like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff, facilities and services you left here on the Tripadvisor. I will definitely forward your feedback to the whole team. It is always very rewarding to hear such a nice things about our hotel and the service we provide.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our courtyards as well as the sculptures from Lea Vivot. I agree with you that they create a unique atmosphere here in this historic settings and we all love them. I am glad you did too. I will forward your compliments directly to Lea, she will be pleased.

I hope to welcome you back at Pachtuv Palace soon,

Regards to San Francisco

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a fabulous hotel. Perfectly positioned for exploring Prague. Less than 5 minutes to Charles Bridge. Stayed for 2 nights 16th November. Absolutely everything was marvellous. Even the fact that the front of the building was undergoing works didn't detract from the beauty of the bulding. Checking in with a glass of fizz was a lovely bonus. The lady that checked us in was extremely helpful. Without us asking she gave us a map of Prague and marked all the places we should see. The room, a junior suite was huge with everything the traveller would need. During the summer the beautiful courtyard must be an absolute bonus. Lots of lovely art and glass on show. We had a car to and from the airport at 20 euros well worth it. The staff were so polite and helpful. Had a lovely lovely weekend thank you all so much.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are delightful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lucie D, General Manager at Pachtuv Palace, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to take the opportunity in thanking you for having chosen the Pachtuv Palace Hotel for your Prague destination stay and sincerely hope that you enjoyed your time with us and will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel.

I very much appreciate that you took the time to review us on Tripadvisor, thus making a contribution to our ongoing effort to improve the services of our hotel. It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed the room, the staff and the courtyards.

I hope to welcome you at Pachtuv Palace in summer so you can see yourself how beautiful the courtyards are.

Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for your lovely review.

Yours sincerely,

Schertz, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I absolutely enjoyed my stay. The people were friendly, courteous, and professional. The hotel accommodations were phenomenal, from the architecture, furniture, lighting, finishes, and appearance. I absolutely would stay here again, and would recommend others to do the same.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate you chose Mamaison Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague.
Thank you for your lovely comments you left here on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to hear you have enjoyed your stay, our staff and your room.

I truly hope I can welcome you back here in the future. If you decide to do so, you can contact me directly and I will be more than happy to take care of your reservation.

Yours sincerely,

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Okay, as it remains 8 hours till my checkout, I am almost crying that I have to leave Prague and this hotel..))) No, not almost:)

Definitely one of the best, if not the best, hotel to stay in during your trip to Prague. The location is a top deal. No other hotel can boast such a view. Trust me, none.

Well, we did not bother the hotel staff with our requirements a lot, we just spent so much time walking around this amazing city. All I can say, the reception always greeted us with a smile.

We had some issues with hair dryer in the room. The hair dryer had a name "valera" on it, which is, as you might know, a quite wide-spread Russian name. Valera did not want to function properly, we had to take special approach to it. That is, plug it in, hold the on/off button a little bit - and here you go, it's operational:) Funny as it is, it never spoiled our experience,

After I reserved this hotel, I was scared a lot about the previous reviews where reservations were lost and so on. I was scared enough to call the hotel after the online booking just to hear a very nice and great English-speaking lady on the phone (probably Martina, but not really sure).
She did remove all of my fears and as we arrived, we were checked into an amazing junior suite #305 facing the Charles bridge.

Spend a bit more, guys, and book a junior suite. You will get an amazing view, a big, really BIG room with all the comfort, coffee machine, aircon and everything. It's worth every penny.

I am more than thankful to all you guys for making my stay in Prague an amazing experience. Definitely recommended to every1 out there, close to EVERYTHING in the Old Town, whether restaurants, transport, sightseeing routes, BEER (what to you come here for anyway?), etc, etc.

Room Tip: LIke I said, book a junior or a higher suite.
Dear Guest,

This must be one of my favorite reviews of all times. Thank you so so much. I put it on the bullet board in our hotel office for everyone to see. I must say, it made all the staff members smile. We highly appreciate it.

Thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your recent stay in Prague. It was great to see we reached up to your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I always like to read comments about our staff because it has always been our aim to treat every guest like a family member and it is nice to hear you were happy.

I apologize for the inconvenience with the hairdryer. We already replaced it for a new one.
I am sorry the previous comments made you hesitant regarding the correction of the reservation. It is definitely not our standard to have guests experiencing problems with bookings and your case just proved it. I am glad Martina took great care of you and will forward her your compliments.

We are happy we could make your Prague experience the good one and hope you will return soon,

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent 2 nights at this hotel. I booked a deluxe room but was upgraded to junior suite. The view of the room was originally good and should be able to see the river. But the hotel was under renovation and the whole hotel was covered with green mesh. So I have to keep the curtain down all the time. The only good thing about this upgrade was the size of the room then. The room itself is very good. Spacious, large and comfortable bed, a bathroom and a separate toilet. It's a very small hotel so staff remembers you well. It kind of give you a very personal feeling.

The hotel is just 5 minutes walk from Charles Bridge. You can also have a brilliant view of the river and castle just at the riverside in front of the hotel. There are plenty of good restaurant around.

One more tip I would like to let you know. I found a very good laundry just 3 minutes walk from the hotel. This is a very good hotel so laundry is of course overpriced. I searched on Google map for launderette and there is one just down the road. It cost very little (compared to hotel charge of course, and it's a bit more expensive than what I pay at my home town). The best of it is you can leave your laundry there and they will do all the work for you in 3 hours! You can continue to go for sightseeing without wasting time waiting for your clothes to be done.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your pleasant review here on Tripadvisor. Also thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace.
I apologize for the inconvenience with the renovation. It was two months process that is finally finished as of today and I would like to thank you for your understanding. I am glad you enjoyed the size of the room and our staff members. It is always great to hear that guests are happy with our services, I will definitely forward your feedback to the whole team.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We booked a long weekend in Prague in September 2012. We went on the Saturday and left on the Tuesday. We stayed at the Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Hotel for 2 nights.

When we arrived at the hotel from the airport, we had a lovely warm welcome form the lady at reception (Martina). She asked us if we wanted a drink and offered tea, coffee, water, or sparkling wine. We chose the sparkling wine and sat down to check in. It was all very civilised and stress-free at that point. The receptionist then gave us the bad news...there was a problem with our room, which meant that we had to spend the night at another hotel (their sister hotel). She said that they will fix the problem by the afternoon of the following day. She apologised profusely, and said that she will give us a free upgrade for the inconvenience. We had booked a junior suite, and she was going to upgrade us to an executive suite on our return. She also organised for a car and driver to take us to the other hotel, which was quite far from the main sights, and in the other side of town. She did acknowledge that we had booked the original hotel because of its location, right by Charles Bridge, and the Old Town. We are quite easy going, so we didn't make a fuss and relished the thought of getting an upgrade our return!

So, our first night was spent at Hotel Le Palais Prague. It was a great hotel, and I will write a review for them. Back to Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Hotel. When we returned on the following afternoon, we were shown to our lovely executive suite. It was huge! We didn't know what to do with all the space. There were two double bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom. There was also a large sitting/dining area, and kitchenette with a fridge and cooker hob etc. Not only had they upgraded us to a great suite, with our own doorbell(!), but they had also left a small bottle of wine and some chocolates on the table for us. We were blown away by it all. They had really gone to a lot of trouble to make it up to us. We would definitely stay here again.
The suite was fantastic, and clean. The beams in the bathroom are a little low, especially the ones over the shower, so watch your head when having a shower. Also, the plaster on the windowsill next to the shower in one of the bathrooms is starting to peel off, but that's not a big issue and can easily be sorted.

The staff at the hotel were very nice and friendly and helpful. The manager at the restaurant where breakfast is served is less so. (I will write a separate review for the breakfast).

We had a great stay.

Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review on the Tripadvisor and also thank you for choosing Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace for your stay in Prague. It is always a pleasure to read compliments about good quality service. It has always been our main aim to treat our guests with the highest level of professionalism but also treat them as a family members.

I do apologize for moving you to another hotel for your first night and hope it didn’t affect your stay too much. I do understand you chose our hotel because of the location and I appreciate even you didn’t stay with us for the first night you are able to admire our service and hotel in general. It means a lot for me and for the whole team of Pachtuv Palace.

It is great to hear you enjoyed the upgrade to an executive suite, it was the least we could do for you.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your lovely review one more time. I hope to welcome you back in the future!