After some research we decided to book this hotel for our anniversary weekend away, using our Avios miles (thanks BA!). The hotel is stunningly beautiful and very well located by the Charles Bridge.
We arrived in the late morning having caught the 07:50 flight from LHR and although getting to the hotel by taxi earlier than the stated check-in time, it was not an issue, a nice touch to be offered drinks and seats, whilst the formalities were dealt with.
The suite was huge with high ceilings and a four-poster bed, separate living room with a kitchen area - very classy, high ceilings beautiful drapes, I would have been happy to stay much longer.
There are flat screen tv’s in each room and a comprehensively stocked minibar. Also highly efficient air-conditioning, which we appreciated as it was hot weather.
We decided to take an open top vintage car tour of the City, which was arranged quickly and easily by the concierge desk. On the internet, we also booked our
Saturday night out on the Jazz Boat, cruising on the river, taking the dinner option, (you can choose from chicken/pork/salmon – we had pork – very tasty!). Booked a table on the upper, outside deck, which was great on such a lovely evening.
When booking excursions through the hotel it is sensible to pay with cash as that saves the 10% tax or service charge (not sure what it was?).
We ate late breakfast at the hotel each morning, as the buffet was included in our booking and it was fine, although the plates were very small and so we needed to juggle several to get a sensible size breakfast. Apparently larger ones are available on request.
Next to the hotel is a great bar/restaurant called School, where we ate out on our first night, very nice food and we enjoyed mojitos and Czech beer.
There are lots of places to just sit, in and around the hotel, to take in the beautiful surroundings - the hotel has a nice, scenic and quiet courtyard area, where you can also be served drinks or dinner.
Recommend picking up some local currency from the cash machines on arrival at the airport, as although it is possible to pay for stuff with euros, the exchange rate varies depending on the restaurant and having Czech currency is easier and cheaper.
This hotel is the kind of place where you can treat yourself and be completely indulged. Prague is a beautiful city.
For a romantic weekend away, I recommend this hotel highly. Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout, worked very well.
If we were to return to Prague we would have no hesitation in staying here – it is fabulous!!!
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Prague
- Mamaison Pachtuv Palace Hotel Prague
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mamaison Suites Hotel Pachtuv Palace is located in a prime location in the heart of the city and is closely linked with great names of the music world like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, ancient and contemporary celebrities. Steps away from Charles Bridge, within easy walking distance to all major landmarks of the Prague. Pachtuv Palace provides an average room size of 65 sqm, fantastic views, air-conditioning, kitchenettes, free internet, fitness room, in-room massages and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.