“Great location on the old city, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Bohemia Plaza Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zitna 50, Prague 120 00, Czech Republic (Praha 2)   |
Ranked #150 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Novosibirsk, Novosibirsk, Russia
“Great location on the old city, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I have just returned from a trip to Prague where we stayed at the Bohemia Plaza Residence. We've been to Prague a dozen times, stayed in at least eight nice hotels, and this is the best.
This quaint 19th century boutique hotel has such an endearing ambience and the most spectacular location in town.
The folks at the front desk were friendly, fluent in English and always ready to help. Wifi is free and is impressively fast! The hotel, and the rooms, were spotlessely clean.
Our family with 1 teenager and 5 year old stayed for 5 nights. It was difficult, if not impossible to find connecting rooms for 4 people in Prague. This was one of the few hotels which responded to my email enquiries, and the reservation staff was patient in explaining the type of rooms. We booked the large 2-bedroom apartment with living room at a great price.
The breakfast buffet (which is included with the rooms) was pretty good quality.
The amazing staff made it feel like a second home to us, and we would happily return to Prague just to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Prague
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was really looking forward to this stay. My boyfriend and I had booked a suite for 90€ a night and were expecting very good quality. However on our two nights stay, the first night was spent in a room just above reception. Two singles bed were put together to make it a double bed but we all know that this is not comfortable for couples. Plus it was not a suite. Just a big room.
The night was very loud as we could hear all the noises from the reception downstairs and the street.
The toilets were broken and many other little things did not work. The air quality was really bad as well and it was impossible to open the window. Therefore instead of waking up from our first night in a romantic and nice mood, we were both angry and feeling used.

We complain and then we were moved to a proper suite for our last night. However, I am still annoyed that our first night was not refunded. They promised a suite and we did not have it. Had it been a normal room for 90€ I would have booked in a different place from the start...

As for the rest the location is very good but prices need to be lower as the service is not up to expectations

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed here as part of our Europe trip in Oct '08. We picked this place due to price and location to the train station since we knew we would be getting in late in the evening so didn't want to walk to far. Although the hotel was only a few blocks away from the main train station, we didn't know that it was a bit of an uphill hike. It wasn't so much a concern for me as much as it was for my mom who had a bad back. She still managed to get there it just took a little longer than usual. The hotel itself was not hard to find, though I was a little bit confused because there was a hotel right next door on the corner and it stands out. I walked in there and they told me the hotel was next door.

Walking in to the building you come in to a foyer with a set of stairs leading up to the reception area. The whole feeling from the front door to the room produced a feeling of walking into the past. An elegant past at that. We were checked in by a helpful young man who worked the night shift as a way to help pay for college. He provided us with all the typical hotel info and our keys and we were on our way up the stairs, which were quite fanciful. The room itself was a little odd, but nice and comfortable. When you walk in, you come into a room that has the sofabed, TV, and desk. To the left was a small area that contained a small dining table with chairs and a kitchenette. The bedroom was in a separate room and it had a large queen bed with a couple of night stands. The bathroom had a bit of an odd configuration. Opening the door the lav was in what appeared to be a hallway. At the end of the hallway was a bidet, toilet, and shower. Since I was sleeping on the sofabed, I was a bit more susceptible to noise from the staircase and the window. Didn't hear the stair themselves as much as the people walking up the stairs. Did hear what I think was the ambulance once, but that went by quick. A sofabed is a sofabed and have still not met one that I can say was as comfortable as a regular bed. My folks said the queen was very comfy so glad about that.

Luckily the breakfast more than made up for my so-so sleep. It was hearty and lots of great choices. The pretty cool thing was the paper plate mats which contained info about the hotel and other tidbits of info.

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel even though it is not necessarily extremely close to the old plaza, but since Prague is quite enjoyable to walk, the distance wasn't really an issue. Would definitely stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Just returned from 3 nights in Prague and thought the Bohemia Plaza represented excellent value for money. Whilst an attic apartment, it was more than adequate for our needs - nice to have a fridge and kettle, so you can keep drinks cool, make a cup of tea etc.

Spotlessly clean when we arrived and room serviced daily. It was nice to have 2 duvets (big double bed), plus a radiator that you could regulate.

Breakfast was great - cold meats, cheeses etc, plus small offering of hot choices including scrambled eggs, bacon and spicy sausages.

Location wise, about 10 minutes from Wenceslas Square. If we were to visit Prague again, we would certainly return to the Bohemia Plaza!

Room Tip: You don't get a view from the attic rooms, however, as you are likely to spend limited time in t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
İSTANBUL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Bohemia Plaza is a nice hotel with clean rooms and kind staff. I got a roof room which very small for an apart hotel, only a regular hotel room with a mirco wave and a kitchen tap and basin. Windows are at the roof, so you don't see anything but sky. Hotel has a very good location that you can reach new town easily by a short walk. Tram stop is very near to the hotel and it's the best way getting to the old city of Prague. During your check-in process the reception staff asks you to give your credit card slip as a deposit payment in case of a damege. And they didn't want to give me the slip paper of my card. That means they can charge any amount from your card up to your credit card limits. It looks a safe place but why should you trust to somebody that you don't know. I got it back when I check-out from the hotel. Do not leave this paper at the hotel!

Room Tip: Do not get a roof room as an apartment with your family. You might be disappointed. It's just a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

This was my second visit to this hotel after staying here with 8 mates on a stag weekend. Then we had 2 large apartment suites which were absolutely ideal.
I was that impressed with the City I took my wife back a few weeks later and stayed in the same hotel and again, was perfect.

The location is great, 5mins walk from the top of the main strip.

Food was ok, I am not a morning eater but as far as choice goes it was good.

Service and cleanliness was spot on. Couldn't be faulted.

My only draw back is the in-room safe. It can be opened with any bank card that has a strip on the back so we weren't quite sure what the point in having a safe was.

Over-all, a good, cheap hotel to look around this amazing city.

Advice- Head to The Rope Makers Wife pub (bottom of the square, just past the large clothing shop on the right,there is a small side road. Its on the left.
AMAZING food with an amazing price!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bohemia Plaza Residence? Share your experiences!