“Enjoy all Prague from the rooftop suites” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town

You added Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hradebni 768/9, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Ranked #226 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Neusiedl am See, Austria
“Enjoy all Prague from the rooftop suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

To be honest, the hotel is and old building, somewhat renovated, not to fit to the highest standards, but just to show enough to be a four star. Il could be a brilliant three star hotel.
Nevertheless, it's a four star. Rooms are quite spacious, simply decorated, corner rooms are nicer.
The tiles in the bathroom are really oldish style.
Staff is friendly enough, but not too much.
They have three magnificent, large suite at the rooftop, with large terraces, of course, no furniture to sit on anything.
Bathroom amenties are numerous, but please bring your own shampoo and shower gel. Towels also are quite oldish.
Even if it's fully well equipped, without a closer look on the details it will remain a three star for me. But what a three star! An excellent one!

Room Tip: Some superior rooms on the 5th floor also have terraces. Enjoy the view of whole Prague roofs from...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town and for taking your valuable time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure for me to read, that you enjoyed your stay in our fantastic Panorama Suite, that offers mangificent view of Prague Castle and the river Vltava.

Concerning your comments about no furniture on the top roof terrace of the Suite, allow me to mention that the furniture is being removed for the winter.

Regarding the apearance of our hotel, let me kindly inform you that the Lobby area will be undergoing renovation soon as we are continuously improving our services and facilites to bring it to a higher level of comfort and overall guest experience.

Please, rest assured that being a Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town****, it is always our aim and ambition to provide our guests with the highest standard in quality and service.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again.

Kind regards from Prague,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is great solution if you are looking for a nice, tidy and friendly hotel. Hotel is situated closed to the city center so you basicaly do not need any metro or train.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to express our high appreciation of your kind words about your recent experience in our property.

Such a positive customer feedback is the best reward we can achieve and this is the strongest motivation for every single member of our Team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town in the future again.

Merry Christmas and kind regards from Prague

Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was continuously amazed by the constant round of seemingly dazed front desk attendants that never not once offer a smile while the hello seemed mechanical. It wasn't horrible service as they answered questions, but they seemed to be working in a haze of detachment.

Other than that we were pleased with the hotel. The weather was unseasonably cold and raining so we asked that the air condition be turned off because the thermostat would not turn it up enough. We were informed the only way was to completely remove the thermostat which we could not figure out. However, the next morning maintenance came and removed it all was well. We requested an iron and ironing board which were bought in short order by housekeeping.

We requested a queen bed, but they just moved two twin beds together, which was not very comfortable when hitting the center line.

The room was small, but clean and we didn't stay in it that much, but if I were to stay again I would request one bed and get a larger room. I didn't like maneuvering the small space and with two people it seems like were falling over each other trying to get clothes from the wardrobe style closet (that took up a good portion of the room space).

The included breakfast buffet was awesome! Lots of food and even if we came down close to breakfast finish they were restocking the food to ensure plenty was available. Kudos to them, we appreciated Clarion's included breakfast while there, but more so when we left to go to Rome and stay in a 4 star hotel (as their front desk said) where breakfast was not included, not even continental breakfast.

Room Tip: I were to stay again I would request one bed and get a larger room. I didn't like maneuvering th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time and sharing with us the experience of your stay.

I would like to apologize most sincerely for all the shortcomings you experienced during your last stay in our poperty. Your review is very important for us to attempt to improve the level of service we strive to offer to our guests day after day.

Furthermore, I was happy to read that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast served in our Benada restaurant.

The next time you visit Prague, please feel free to contact me on markéta.nedvědová@clarion-hotels.cz and I will be happy to arrange your stay according to all your preferences.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Rooms are lovely and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful, and observing them in even the most difficult situations they stay polite. The restaurant has excellent service and food. The location is perfect. I can no longer imagine staying anywhere else in Prague!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for choosing the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town during your recent visit of the Czech Republic and for posting such a great review!

I was delighted to note that our facilities, all hotel services as well as the food exceeded your expectations. I really appreciate your appraisal and have forwarded on your positive comments to all department heads. Let me assure you that comments such as yours act as a great motivator to continue with our hard work.

The entire Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town Team is looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel again.

Kind regards from the Golden city of Prague,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while we were on a city break. Super location and fantastic views from the top floor rooms. The beds and the pillows were really comfortable and we all slept very well. I am giving 4 purely because you should judge a hotel on how comfortably you slept and not the food. But I am tempted to give average because the hot breakfast was disgusting! I am feeling nice today!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jakub T, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town while visiting the Czech Republic.

I was very glad that you enjoyed great location of our hotel, the top floor rooms overlooking the river Vltava or Prague Castle and the comfort of our beds.

I was dissapointed to learn that our breakfast did meet your expectations. Please, kindly contact me on marketa.nedvedova@clarion-hotels.cz with more details.

I sincerely hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you back together with your family at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town during your future trips to our country.

Kind regards from Prague,

romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

You can walk from here to almost everywhere in the old city of Prague, and the neighborhood is nice. The building itself is old and not very well maintained, and the rooms are a bit worn out. Old style furniture and windows add to the overall impression. I had only a couple of contacts with the hotel staff, but every time I had the same "I don't care" impression. There are no parking places available. Breakfast was above average.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to take the oportunity to thank you very much for writing your review about our property.

I have the pleasure to inform you that the hotel Lobby will be undergoing renovation in the near future and that we are currently updating our facilities.

Furthermore, I was sorry to read about your unpleasant experience regarding the hotel staff. Let me assure you that your feedback was shared witht the Management to properly follow up.

Concerning your comment about no parking places available, allow me to mention that our hotel have a special parking spaces available for the hotel guests.

Please note, that our guest satisfaction and feedback are of great importance to us. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town, as we would like to prove to you, that your recent experience was an exception rather than rule. We can indeed do better!

Truly yours,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed here for a mixture of work and pleasure and have to say it was in a great location with great service. Check in was easy. Meals and drinks were reasonable. Room was nice and big with plenty of storage and neutral decor. The location was great. Across the road from the river and 2 minute walk from the old town square. Everywhere was within walking distance however make sure you take good walking shoes as there is so much to see and all the streets are cobbled. No high heels here! Everywhere we went was good value (beer is cheap) the only thing that can turn out expensive is the chunk of ham from the stalls in the old square. You pay by weight so we ended up paying about £12 for a chunk I two slices of bread. Best thing to try is the cabbage, bacon and potato dish ( bit like bubble and squeak) its tasty and a lot cheaper by weight. Nearly all other places to eat are very reasonable - great for pork /ham lovers and beef stew! Not much fish other than river trout but everything is hearty which is what you need after all the walking. Best cappuccino in Prague is served at the little cafe under the bridge next to the opera house. It's a great spot to do some people watching!
Overall don't think you can find a better placed hotel in Prague

Room Tip: Try to get a river view room at front some of side facing rooms look into an office block next door
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you cordially for taking your valuable time and sharing with other travellers the experience of your stay at the Clarion Hotel Prague Old Town.

I was delighted to read that you felt comfortable in our spacious guest room and that you enjoyed it’s nice view. I also appreciate your comments about the great service and food. In addition, thank you for mentioning the convenience of our location.

Once again thank you for the beautiful compliments and I remain with best regards from Prague.