“Nice Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tyl

You added Hotel Tyl to your Saves list
Hotel Tyl
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Tylovo Namesti 668/5, Prague 120 00, Czech Republic (Praha 2)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #247 of 662 Hotels in Prague
“Nice Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary with our family and spent 4 nights here. The location is great, just round the corner from the Underground and the Tram stop which takes you across Prague. Plenty of restaurants and bars close by and about a 15/20 min walk to Old Town Square. The hotel rooms were spacious but lacked drawer space. The bathroom was quite big and had a great shower. The beds were very firm but we slept well. You can faintly hear the trams from early in the morning however, I think this was because I'm an early riser as my Husband/Son was not woken by them. Breakfast was nice with a good choice on offer and the coffee was lovely. We had a lovely stay here and if there was anything I would complain about it would be about some of the reception staff. Some appeared miserable and one imparticular appeared very rude! When we asked to settle the bill on our last evening the man flapped his arms about saying he was very busy at that time and would we come back on our return to the hotel that evening. When we returned I still found his attitude very sharp and off hand. It's a good job we didn't spend much time in the reception area of the hotel. If the reception staff were more friendly, I would have rated the hotel very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tyl, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
it is a pleasure to read your feedback about your stay in our Hotel Tyl.
I am delighted to read that you chose our hotel to celebrate such a unique occasion as the 25th anniversary. Congratulations!
It saddens me to read that you had a complain regarding a member of our staff. It is inexusable any lack of kindness, attentiveness and I truly apologize if any of of the staff addressed you in a rude way.
I would like to invite you to contact me personally at your convenience to go into detaiuls of this. It is important for us to investigate it in order to improve our service for you and for our future guests.
Thank you very much for your understanding and I am looking forward to hearing from you.
You can contact me at:

Elena Sartori
Public Relations Manager
public.relations@ghotels.cz

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Medway, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

As many have said, this feels like a 3* hotel not a 4* as billed, but don't let that put you off. My room was spacious enough, had good aircon (handy as it was, unusually, up to 30 degrees when I visited!), was quiet (I was put in a room facing the back as I was told these were quieter) and comfortable. The hotel is out of the town centre but easily walk-able (10 mins) or next to a metro station. Breakfast wasn't great but the usual sort of thing for that area: heavily processed slices of meat, heavily processed slices of cheese, heavily processed mini-sausages, hour-old scrambled egg being kept warm, yoghurt with tinned fruit salad, etc. (so toast for me!). The staff were kind and spoke good English. The TV boasted 2 English language channels (BBC World and CNN) but when I was there neither were available (apparently due to bad weather affecting the transmitters). Despite the last 2 sentences, I enjoyed my stay here! If you're looking for somewhere that won't break the bank but is comfortable, close to town and friendly then give them a go.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quiter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tyl, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,
thank you very much for your feedbacks about your recent stay in our Hotel!
I am glad you appreciated the room and its comfort. Air conditioning is definetly a must with these high temperatures, which are very unsual for Prague.
I am sad you did not appreciate fully our breakfast which offer a good choice of food and beverages, all of them carefully selected according to quality and freshness.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Dhahran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here for a week. As other people have said, it feels like a good three star hotel. Well located near a subway station (only two stops from the train station), staff speaks English. Our triple room was facing the courtyard, it was very quiet. Our beds were hard, which I liked. There were a few foreign language channels on TV. CNN was the only English channel, it didn't work for the first couple of days. Wifi was free, it worked well.
Breakfast wasn't bad, but the same every day!
The room was clean initially, but then I don't think it was vacuumed after that. The bathroom could use a facelift. The good thing about it was the towel warmer, which I used to dry the clothes I washed. The hotel offers laundry service, but it's 4 Euros for undergarments and it only goes up from there!
We were able to leave our bags at the reception both when we arrived and when we left. Loved the small farmers market in front of the building!
Overall it was a good stay, I would consider it for future travel. It isn't the perfect place and it doesn't feel like a four star hotel, but it also isn't priced like a four star hotel :) Good for the budget!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for your feedbacks, it is very important for us to get the opinions of our guests in order to make the corrct improvements.
I will forward your notes to the housekeeping department in order to check what could have happened and I will make sure that daily cleaning of the room is perfectly done according to the standards.
I am glad that you had an overall pleasant stay and on behalf of all the staff, we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a perfect place if you don't want to stay in Old Town where it is very hectic with tourists. However it is close enough to make your way to all the main attractions. I agree with Neghinitza's comments also, more a 3 star than 4. If you are a gay traveller, this is a perfect spot for you to stay. Very central to the bars and 'gay street' of central prague. The staff at the hotel are really nice (especially the housekeeping ladies). The front reception staff are great and speak english and are always willing to help you out if needed. The rooms are good - my room was very spacious and had plenty of space. It is close to trams and shops - there was a little noise but that didn't bother me too much (and I really value a good nights sleep). Not sure if it was just me but the TV only had Czech channels (no english) but the internet wi-fi was included and it was very fast. The breakfast was nice, there was variety between some hot/cold items but it was not extensive - and the coffee was really good.

The city has a variety of shops which is within walking distance - it took me about 10-15 minutes to get there.

If you are a gay traveller, this is a perfect spot for you to stay. Very central to the bars and 10 minutes walk from the 'gay street' of central prague.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room away from the elevators. When people go out at night there is a 'ding...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tyl, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
first of all thank you for the nice review and for time spent in posting it on Tripadvisor!
I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the stay in our hotel and I would like to thank you for all the details, comments and suggestions you posted.
Regarding the TV I was checking with the hotel and all rooms have functioning Satellite TV with international channel. I am very sorry you could watch only Czech ones and I hope you could have contacted straight away the staff at the reception in order to check if it was a problem the television itself or something else.
I am very happy to read that you were satisfied by the assistance of our staff and I will forward to them your nice feedbacks, for sure.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too far future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you're not going to stay in Old Town, then this is a good choice. The hotel is billed as a 4* - this is perhaps a little misleading, but the hotel is perfectly functional. My room was large (if oddly shaped) with a large bed. The shower was fine. Rooms are clean and light. I didn't experience any of the noise issues I've read about - but I was facing the rear of the building (not exactly a view but bright) and the square the hotel is on was busy at night.

Breakfast was perfectly acceptable, and the staff were all very polite (and spoke far better English than I do Czech. The wifi was also suprising fast and free. It is worth noting that old town is walkable (there is a metro and tram stop within a 3 min walk).

Is it the fanciest or finest hotel you'll find in the city? No. BUT I think that for the price it's more than reasonable, and the perfect place if you are in the city for a few days and need somewhere close by and comfortable to rest. Its not a good choice if you're wanting to 'escape' to a fine hotel for a weekend of pamepering yourself - but honestly Prague is far to beautiful a city to go there to spend your time in a hotel - no matter how great the hotel is.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tyl, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
first of all let me thank you for the time you spent in posting your nice review on Tripadvisor!
We much appreciate it and we are delighted to read that the hotel met your needs and expectations.
I am happy to read that you found our Hotel Tyl as a comfortable choice to move around Prague, it surely is thanks to its vicinity to all means of transportation and walking distance to many touristic areas.
On behalf of all the staff of Hotel Tyl, we are looking forward tro welcoming you back in the not too distance future. Do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.
Constanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel is nice . It's actually a 3 star but a really good 3 star hotel.
Pro:
-staff : very nice and always helpful (also prepared a honeymoon surprise with flowers and champagne)
-breakfast: good breakfast and very fresh
-great location (metro and tram station near-by)
-nice restaurants and bars near (also KFC / MC for emergency night hunger)
-price was ok
-clean room
-working wi-fi

Cons:
-after first day the cleaning was only superficial and room was a little stuffy.
-no glasses in the room
-4 star hotel but no bathrobe/slippers
-horrible soft beds

In general for a small stay the hotel is great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tyl, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.
I am very delighted to know that you found our staff helpful and at your disposal.
I was going through your down points and I would like to extend my apologies if you felt a lack of attentiveness and carefulness in the cleaning and some missing items.
Your contribution and your conisderations will be for sure helpful to improve our services in the near future.
It will be my sincere pleasure to welcome you soon in any of the hotels of Garzotto Hotels and Resorts and in this case, do not hesitate to contact us directly.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Tyl is a little gem, it is light and airy and very clean, the staff are very attentive, polite and extremely helpful. The rooms are spacious with big bathrooms and thick curtains that block out the light. We had a room at the back of the hotel and there was no street noise at all meaning a good nights sleep after a busy day. The continental breakfast was very good with more choice than a lot of hotels I have stayed in, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, breads, rolls, cheeses, hams, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausages and more.
Turn left out of the hotel and left at KFC, when you reach the big junction turn right and a few minutes walk away is Wenceslas square, so you are perfectly placed.
We would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tyl, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
what a lovely review, we are very delighted that you liked our Hotel Tyl and we have contributed to your pleasant stay in wondeful Prague!
Knowing we provided a good service to you and that you found the hotel suitabke for your needs, it is the much rewarding aspect of all.
I truly wish I can welcome you back to our hotel in the closest future and for any future assistance so not hesitate to contact us directly.
Kind regards,

Been to Hotel Tyl? Share your experiences!