We stayed there in early October and have to agree with the rave reviews from other guests regarding the rooms and staff. The rooms are spacious, well appointed and spotlessly clean. We were on the corner but noise was not an issue. The staff were very helpful and I would definitely recommend using the hotel's pickup and drop off service for trains and the airport. (Not only does it save a lot of hassle, but Milan the driver is great, with the added bonus that he takes your bags to your room, saving you lugging your suitcases up the stairs!)
Two points: If you like a hotel that has lounges, patios or other common areas available to guests you should know that this hotel has none. What you are getting is a GREAT room and a fabulously convenient location for the tourist sights, restaurants etc.
Secondly, the next door restaurant where hotel guests are given vouchers for breakfast is okay, a bit cramped with music blaring all the time but my major complaint is that there was little, and on some days no fruit.
Would I go back? ABSOLUTELY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design boutique hotel Domus Balthasar is a baroque building with medieval foundation and 21st century design, situated on the Royal Route, in the heart of the oldest and most romantic part of Prague - Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana), few steps from Charles Bridge, close to Old Town and Prague Castle.Domus Balthasar is nearly of all most popular sights within easy reach on foot or by tram. Although is situated in the centre, also in a neighborbood of nicest parks. Business centers easily accessible. It is the ideal place for a holiday as well as for an enjoyable business trip. The building's history goes back to the 14th century, though the fittings are either modern or timeless. We do our best to respect history while at the same time respecting the current needs and tastes of our guests. Our interiors are made warm by wooden, atypical furniture with clean lines in dark colours which combines well with the light, creamy tones of the carpets, curtains and other decorations. Hotel has 8 rooms including 2 Double attic rooms, 3 generously spacious deluxe double rooms, 2 Suites with kitchenette and 1 Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Domus Balthasar Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Balthasar Design Prague
- Domus Balthasar Design Boutique Hotel