“Old Town Square Hotel - Prague” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Town Square Hotel and Residence

You added Old Town Square Hotel and Residence to your Saves list
Old Town Square Hotel and Residence
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Staromestske namesti 19 - 20, Prague 11000, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #101 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Wendover, United Kingdom
“Old Town Square Hotel - Prague”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Fantastic Location, fantastic clean and spacious and beautifully decorated rooms, fantastic service and room service breakfast. Superior to international class 5* hotels. An absolute must. Great view of the old town square and the astronomical clock.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
dartford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We have just arrived back from prague after 5 nights stay at this hotel. I do agree with most of the reviews thst it is a very good hotel but there are a few things that could make it better. Yes it is the best hotel location wise and we had the balcony suite whivh was lovely. And my husband and I would want to come back again if for a few tips. We had breakfast in room everyday but 4 days out of 6 we were given mo milk for cererals and tea!.we had to buy some in the end aswe were twive not left any when the room was done.we didnt say anything as we wanted to see if this was a one off which it wasnt. The manager even brought breakfast on the last day and it was still wrong! We didnt have spoons on day for yogurt or cererals. And another day we was given coffee when we asked for tea. There is a safe in room but it isnt attached to anything and ismt heavy so can easily be taken from the room. The handle on the balcony door falls off when you open it and is very heavy nearly missing my foot one day. Also the duvet covers had big holes in them, which you dont expect from a 5 star hotel! The bathroom is lovely except in the balcony suite the shower in the bath floods and they no about it as they roll up a towel and put it up the end to catcn water.it is very high up to get in and out of the bath. Dont get me wrong it is a good hotel and these things are easily corrected if listened to maybe put a carton of milk in the fridge for guests.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Basingstoke, hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We have just returned from 2 nights staying at the Old Town square hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Firstly to mention Tomas who works on reception was brilliant! He responded to my numerous emails prior to arriving, organised restaurant bookings for me and was generally very very helpful! This level of service continued when we arrived and we both thought he was just a great credit to the hotel! So thank you!

The hotel itself is a gorgeous building - entrance found through the White horse restaurant.

We stayed in a Junior suite and would say it is well worth it for the cost.. the room was just HUGE and incredible... lovely hall way entrance, gorgeous bathroom with massive bath, heated floors! The room was massive with a ginormous bed, two floor to ceiling windows with views over the square, a small dining table and chairs where breakfast was bought to you each morning, a dressing table, mirror and chair and a TV with unit. Lots of clothes storage space as well, a safe to use free of charge, mini bar (at a cost but still reasonable), hair dryer, extra blankets.. they had thought of everything!

Noise wasn’t an issue as they had double glazed windows... we left our windows open both nights and still slept!

There was a few English speaking channels to keep you amused in between sightseeing around Prague as well.

They offer room service and wine in your room .. we pre booked a bottle of prosecco and this was bought on time as promised on the day we arrived... lovely!

Breakfast was in the room each day.. you could choose from cereals, hot drinks and juices, meat and cheese plates, eggs, lots of bread options.. really tasty and always bought on time for when you choose to have it (Just let them know the day before!)

Free wifi was also an added bonus.

The location for this hotel cannot be beaten... views over the square, we could see the Astronomical clock from our room! 10 minutes walk to Charles Bridge, the square, jewish quarter, 20 minutes walk to Prague castle.. absolutely no need for taxis or public transport!

Lots of restaurants in close vicinity.

Overall I cannot recommend this hotel enough, it made our stay! Tomas made everything so easy and well planned out, the room was gorgeous and the location even better! We would most certainly return!!

Room Tip: Go for a junior suite.. just amazing!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just got back from our stay at the Old Town Square Hotel. I cannot say enough good things about this place. The staff was super friendly, and totally accommodating. I called with lots of questions prior to our visit and they could not have been nicer...I even received a personal email from the hotel manager making sure all of my questions had been properly answered and welcoming us the day before we arrived! The location was excellent and could not have been better to experience this amazing city. The crowd for the Christmas market and tree lighting in the square was huge (and a bit overwhelming!), but we had a lovely view of it all right from our window that opened to allow us to experience all the music and lights in the comfort of our large and comfortable room. Lots of great restaurants nearby, and in the center of it all. We even had an amazing view of the astronomical clock (once again, getting to avoid the large crowds that gathered to see it on the hour). Lots of space, super staff, wonderful breakfast and perfect for our family trip to Prague. 100% recommend!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I walked into the room I was blown away by the entire appearance, and the service that I had received up until that point.

I arrived early on the day of check in, knowing that I would not be allowed into the room, but so that I could leave my bags with the front desk. They graciously held the bags and even delivered them to the room, along with a lot of information on the city, by the time that I had checked in. The staff were remarkably helpful throughout my entire stay and I felt well attended to. Because their breakfast room was under renovation at the time I was able to choose breakfast items the night before and have them delivered to my room at a specific time, which was outstanding.

The bed and linen were extraordinarily comfortable and the furnishings absolutely lovely. The bathroom was fantastic, with an amazing shower, and a really stylish look. Though the street was on the noisier side the double windows helped keep it quiet, and the black out curtains were a blessing.

The hotel was a little difficult to find but I figured it out quite quickly, as you have to enter through the downstairs restaurant, but the staff there were quick to direct me and were very helpful.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Ibiza Town, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location overlooking Old Town Square. The service is fast and efficient and the rooms are huge….probably one of the largest hotel bedrooms I've ever seen. The room is well equipped and the bathroom smart and modern with a large bath and separate shower room. the breakfast room is closed and breakfast is room service only. this was not made very clear on arrival but when we tried to gain access to the breakfast room the first morning, we weredelivered a very nice meal within 15 minutes. Personally I don't like room service breakfast but it was prompt, tasty and plentiful. I would stay here again but do not think it can be called 5 star as there are no public rooms or facilities whatsoever. Basically it's 10 very large and smart rooms in a perfect location - not a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a junior suite with a view of the square. I'm not sure if all rooms have such a vi...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square Hotel and Residence, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello

I would like to thank you for your review and for your kind words. You are right to point out that we serve breakfast in the rooms. The rooms are very large and providing guests in room breakfast just makes it all so much more romantic and convenient. You can just sit, in your bathrobe, have breakfast and enjoy the views of the city from your room. Whilst I am fully aware that we are not a typical 5* hotel with a large lobby, we do have a small -be it summer terrace, restaurant with live music and as our gusts you have free use of all the facilities of our sister property including spa, Jacuzzi and private lounge. The other hotel is located just on the edge of the square and all is explained in the welcome letter. I am working on the web site to make sure I can also pass this information more clearly on the web it self.

I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you here again hopefully

Yours sincerely

Helena
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

If you are planning on spending a short amount of time in Prague and just want easy access to everything, this is the place for you. The room was very large and easily accommodated our party of three adults. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the free breakfast each day was a delight. I recommend this property for location and charm.
It is right on the square, so you can hear some noise, but generally we found the room more than quiet enough to enjoy our stay. Our room faced the square, but the windows were double paned. The location makes it so easy to quickly return to the room to drop off shopping bags are add an extra layer of clothes for a chilly night on the town.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jeniffer

Thank you so much for your lovely words. It makes me happy to see that you had suich a lovely stay with us and I do hope to have the possibility to see you soon again

Yours sincerely

Helena

Been to Old Town Square Hotel and Residence? Share your experiences!