“Amazing location and spacious room with exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Town Square

You added Old Town Square to your Saves list
Old Town Square
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Staromestske Namesti 548/20, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Ranked #92 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing location and spacious room with exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have just spent four nights at Old Town Square Hotel and Residence and we're absolutely thrilled. I was really after a nice aspect and we certainly got that. The view from our room (Room 14) of the Old Town Square and Astonimical Clock was incredible. We just loved watching all the people and entertainment all day and night long. The double windows and shutters blocked the noise also. The room was spacious. modern and clean with everything you could ask for. The bathroom with it's heated floor and large bath was perfect. The reception staff were helpful with suggestions and recommendations. The restaurant in the cellar was a great experience too as was the sister hotel "The Emblem" as you are able to use their spa facilities also (you must have a jacuzzi on the rooftop at night with an incredible view of the Castle). We will definitely stay there again, without a doubt. We passed many of the other 5 star hotels I was considering and I was so glad I had picked this one. It's character, location and the personal service was quite exceptional. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: You must, must, must get a room with a view of the square. How often are you be able to look out you...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Catherine

Thank you so mmuch for your kind words. It warms my heart to read such lovely words of appraisal.

I will look forward to seeing you again

Helena Valtrová

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Scheveningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This hotel has charm, excellent location, friendly and helpful staff plus large/comfortable rooms at great price. It is right across from the Astronamical Clock with lots of restaurants at your fingertips.Will go back for sure.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 17 which faced a side street, it was large with high a ceiling. It was quiet and ve...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear MaryLou

Thank you for your kind words, it warms my heart to hear such a lovley review of my hotel. Its a pitty it did not snow while you were here, because thats when Prague and our views are even more magnificent. ¨

I hope to hear form you or even better to see you again in the near future and I wish you a lovely day

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is a very late review, we stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in early September 2014.

Look at the pictures of the rooms on this website. Yes, the rooms are really that stylish and the ceilings are really double height. Very large and modern bathrooms.

Next look at your favorite internet map and look at this location of this hotel. Yes, it really is in the middle of the Old Town Square, the historical center of Prague. Yes, it is 60 feet away from the Astrological clock. So this is the literally as centrally located as it can get.

To get to the lobby of the hotel, you walk past the restaurant at the front of the building and you walk up to the 2nd floor after going through the large locked gated doors.

Breakfast is served on the small cafe on the side of the building. It's a little basic but at least there's the servers are nice.

This has been the best hotels we have ever stayed at. The quality and size of the rooms is as good as 5-star hotels and again this location, can't get any better. Our only concern was that it would be noisy with the large crowds in the square. It didn't turn out to be a problem as the windows are double-paned, so just close the windows if it's noisy.

Book this hotel, you won't be sorry. Book early, as the hotel only has a handful of rooms. Thinking about it again, don't book this hotel so the rooms will be available when we go back.

Very, very recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side for quieter experience.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. David Lau

Thank you for your review, be it a belated one. I am thrilled to know you had such a lovely stay with us and I do hope you will be visiting us again soon. Prague at the moment is much much colder than in September when you were here, but it has a different type of magic to it.

Once again than you for your kind words and I wish you a lovely day

Maastricht
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Prague belongs to the best cities in the world. If you want to be right in the heart of it, this hotel is a real gem. Situated right on the Old Town Square, it is near everything you might want to visit. The hotel itself has very large rooms and offers pleasant service.

Room Tip: Have one of the junior suites. They are more than junior, in fact they are real suites, spacious and...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear guests

Thank you so much for your kind words and your visit. I am so happy to hear that you had a lovely stay with us, it warms my heart.

I hope to see you again soon and I wish to a wonderful day

Sincerely

Atlanta Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Beware. I took my wife to Prague for nine days over the holidays to celebrate her 50th birthday. I selected the Old Town Square Hotel and Apartments, because I thought she would really enjoy the location. I wanted the "apartment" with the balcony, so that we could overlook the square, the Christmas trees, and festivities. To assure that there would be no misunderstandings, because this was a very important trip, I telephoned the hotel and spoke with a woman whose name Trip Advisor rules prohibit me from revealing. I agreed to the price that she quoted for the "apartment" and I guaranteed it. I made the arrangements six months in advance.

When we arrived, we were told, "Situation is changed and our only room with balocony is occupied by someone else over the entire Christmas and New year. We have reserved a nice and comfortable Double Room for you." Although quite large, by European standards, our room, number 17, had no view whatsoever.

I can only surmise that they got a better price for the "apartment" as the season drew closer, and simply took it upon themselves, with no notice, to downgrade us.

Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear sir,

I have sent you and email as well to try and find out what has happened because I of course feel sad to read the review. We are a small family run hotel and we treat all our guests as members of our family, which make these reviews, where I hear that the guests were not happy even more upseting for me as that is not the experience that I wish you to have. I hope we will be able to reach each other to discuss this via email or if I could call you to better understand.

I have looked through all reservations and all correspondence and I see that you have booked a double room, which is the room that you were accommodated in. I see an email correspondence prior to your arrival asking if we have a family suite with balcony, which we did email that unfortunately this room is not available. As per description on the web site, only the suites have a view of the square and only this one in particular has a balcony as well.

I hope I will manage to speak to you in person, be it over email or via phone, to discuss this, as I always want all my guests past and future to feel happy.

I wish you a lovely day and I hope to speak to you to resolve this soon

Yours sincerely and with best regards

valtr@uhi.cz
DeForest, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

From the get-go, this hotel was perfect. A kind bellman met us at the entry door to take our luggage up to our room straight away. All staff members were very friendly and helpful. Delicious breakfast, and the restaurant has very good food for a reasonable price. Location couldn't be better. It is literally right there in the Square. As for the hotel room - perfect, perfect, perfect!! Room was spacious, clean and the beds were comfy. Our hotel room was overlooking the Square. Was there in early December so the Square was filled with a Christmas Market, decor and lots of people. I could have stared out my rooms window all day and night - simply spectacular! As busy as the Square was, we didn't hear a peep in our room. Love this place and I cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view. Rooms are noise-free, unless the windows are open.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
otsh, General Manager at Old Town Square, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Jeni

Thank you so much for your kind words and I wish you a happy new year. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in my hotel

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

If Prague is one of the greatest cities of the world....this hotel fits in beautifully. First of all you cannot beat the location. Overlooking the old town square and the wonderful old town clock, the hotel is the middle of everything you want to see. It's got an old town feel but modern in every way. We had a very large room, complete with king size bed and a super sitting room. The bathrooms were large, modern and very clean. The stand were most helpful...even parked our car, they provided great directions, and perfect tips. We'll be back for sure!,

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sir / madam

Thank you so much for your kind words and happy new year to you. It warms my heart to know that you had a nice stay with us and I hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you soon again in our beautiful hotel.

With kind regards

manager

Been to Old Town Square? Share your experiences!