“Great experience - even my husband loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mozart Dinner

Mozart Dinner
Kralodvorska 652/4 | Boccaccio Hall, Grand Hotel Bohemia, Prague 11000, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))
+420 778 091 222
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 132 Theater & Concerts in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: YOUR PRIVATE OPERA THEATER IN PRAGUE - Excellent Opera Singers, Historical Masterpiece Hall, Michelin Guide Restaurant.
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience - even my husband loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have got an agreement with my husband – at least once a year he would make it through a “my cup of tea” type of cultural event: that means a classical music concert. I always try to find something worthwhile not to torture him too much and this year I found a great combination that will be appreciated by those husbands who prefer football matches to classical concerts.
Mozart Dinner takes place in a breath taking Boccaccio Hall. The music is a choice of the best you have heard from Mozart divided into 20-minute sections (not too long for husbands, not too short for wives). The singers and musicians are beautiful and full of life. After every cultural section you are served a part of delicious menu, so all the time you are looking forward to what is coming next.
Conclusion: An excellent cultural and culinary experience with a great bonus – appraisal from my husband: he said he would be able to survive this kind of cultural events even twice a year .
Zuzana from Prague

Visited March 2013

• Czech first
Reading, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing concert! Dissapointing food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We arrived at the Grand Bohemia Hotel for the Mozart Dinner and Opera to a very friendly hostess and staff. The ballroom was beautifully decorated and the concert was very enjoyable. The musicians and singers were extremely talented. Unfortunately, we felt the food was lackluster. The cold starter and beef confit entree were bland.The dessert had the texture of a cake that has been sitting in a cafe window for a few days. To add to this, the service was also lacking. The other tables had their main course cleared before the second act while we were forgotten about. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but we paid for the private balcony box and expected better service. In the end, the price we paid was justified by the wonderful performance but we felt the food and service missed the mark.

Visited March 2013
SlavkaDemkova, Owner at Mozart Dinner, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Cade,
thank you for your comment, your feedback is very immportant for us.
We have asked hotel's F&B Manager to react on your exerience. Plase find her answer below. Thank you,
Slavka Demkova, Owner

"Dear Cade, we can guarantee that all of our dishes and ingredients are fresh and especialy prepared for the dinner.
This menu was selected from traditional dishes served in Austria in 18th century and prepared with modern style. Cake is from biscuits pastry and this can be reason why it can seems little bit hard for somebody.
Starter should be cold, it is Celery salad with apple and smoked knuckle, flavored with vinegar, which was very popular in Austria.
I would like to apologize for our misunderstanding with serving period and programme period.
There should be a nice atmosphere all the time.
I would like to thank you for your comment and please be sure, that all your notes will be certainly taken into our mind and help us to continue with highest quality of standards.
With best regards
Tereza ERBEROVÁ
F&B Manager
Waterloo, Belgium
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A great experience with one small issue!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Overall this was a great experience.....the opera singers and musicians were excellent. The location (we booked a balcony box) was very ornate and beautiful. ..and even though I should have paid more attention when I booked, I realized that I had an allergy to an ingredient in the menu. The staff went out of their way to provide me with a vegetarian alternative......which I very much appreciated. I only have one complaint....and even though I had food which I could now eat, I found the portion to be very small, and as my husband ate the original menu, I was able to see both meals. I enjoyed the experience as a whole, but was ready for something to eat when I left. I think it would be nice to have a choice of either/or menu rather than one that is set. Having said that, I would certainly recommend the overall experience, but I would be sure to eat a little before I arrived.

SlavkaDemkova, Manager at Mozart Dinner, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review.
We are happy that you recommend Mozart Dinner; obviously you share view of other reviewers about our artists and their amazing performances, as well as beauty of the ballroom and we appreciate it.

We are really sorry about your experience with the size of vegetarian portion and we have forwarded your complaint to our chef and here is the response. “We are preparing all menus for same portions. The portion of pumpkin on vegetarian menu is 150g, which is the same weight as the weight of raw meat in regular menu. Unfortunately vegetable food has not the same ratio of feeling of satiety like a meat. Due to your note, we will change the size of the portions to keep all other guest satisfied.“

Thank you again for your feedback, it is very important to us and it helps us to constantly maintain the highest possible quality that we care about. After all, mission of our Top Culture Agency is to provide access to the finest art and bring joy to life.

Best regards,
Slavka Demkova
Top Culture
Brusel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome singers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I and my friend would like to thank for the beautiful evening dinner. We had
a table for two in the front part of the hall and we really enjoyed the
contact with both singers. They were just awesome! Eg. arie Pamina in the
second part of the program has been sung really fantastically. We were both
moved, Thank you again.

Visited January 2013
SlavkaDemkova, Manager at Mozart Dinner, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Kurt,

thank you for sharing you thoughts,we are glad that you enjoyed the "intimate"character of our opera concert. We are in deed proud of our opera singers - thank you.
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very nice experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I visited Prague over Christmas holiday, along with both of my grown up children. We did not have a scheduled program, so based on taxi driver's recommendation, we've purchased tickets over the internet for the Mozart Dinner event. I would like to really thank for this recommendation as we've experienced a wonderful evening in the beautiful place. Highly recommended!

Visited December 2012

Been to Mozart Dinner? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mozart Dinner, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.