“Dessert! and Lunch!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kafe U ZeIenych Kamen

Kafe U ZeIenych Kamen
Uvoz 169/6, Prague 118 00, Czech Republic (Hradcany & Letna)
+420 776 282 226
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 4,504 Restaurants in Prague
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Fast Food, Sandwiches
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hradcany & Letna
Description: Charming little cafe in the hearth of historic centre of Prague, 300 meters form Prague castle, serving best desserts in area with freshly roasted coffee. Also good spot for quick lunch and traditional czech beer. Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff. Welcome!
Boston
“Dessert! and Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Let me start by saying I think we were suppose to be at the cafe next door, that our tour guide had recommended. I spied the desserts first and knew we had to stay. The cafe was dark but cozy. We ordered panini's. I ordered one with a "beer cheese" that had the strongest smell. Smell aside, the panini was excellent, but I had more important things on my mind. Dessert! I ordered a lemon cake with icing. It was amazing, dense, moist and a fantastic lemon flavor. This was by far on my top two best desserts on our two week vacation in Europe. I told the owner who informed me that his mother made the desserts herself. I am now trying to get in touch with him to see if she would share her recipe. The other great part about this late lunch was that my husband started talking hockey to the owner and another regular or "owner" too. A lively conversation about the Boston Bruins began and before we knew it they gave us all the information to attend the Prague Sparta's hockey game that evening, (we did attend but they lost in overtime) So our mistake in cafe's provided an entertaining afternoon.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Martin C, Owner at Kafe U ZeIenych Kamen, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hi, I am truly happy, that you have enjoyed having lunch here at Green stove café. If you send me an email, I will make a exception and will give you recipe of my wife (not mother) for the lemon cake. All the best

• Polish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate goulash and carrot cake and had beer and it was super delicious for a reasonable price. Staff fendly and good english. It is a kafe with a soul, loved the style and music.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona, Spain
“Nice place for a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The place was nice and clean with good music and a beautiful decoration. The food was good and the ruibarb and cheese cakes were great. The waiter was really nice too. Overall a good experience.

London, United Kingdom
“A tiny cafe-bistro with the most friendly owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was looking for the place (I admit, that reading about a pug in many reviews was the trigger) and found it thanks to...the pug coming out the cafe barking for no reason.

It's very tiny and the menu is mostly composed of paninis and cakes but going to a restaurant / cafe is never about the food only.

The owner is the friendliest person, always with a smile. The pug is awesome and never miss an opportunity to come and say hi as you eat. We had a goulash soup and prosciutto paninis (both were good) but the best part was the carrot cake, a huge slice with just the right amount of sugar. It tasted wonderful and felt so light.

I had a great hour there and would go back again for sure.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
cheshire
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

In an area where you could easily have paid far more for less superior food this little cafe is well worth a visit.

We shared a goulash soup and a platter of meat and cheese. With drinks our meal came to less than £10.
Unfortunately we didn't make it to the cake but wish now on reading other reviews I'd made it to the carrot cake!

• Visited March 2014