“Attention to detail could make all the difference” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Raffaello
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Legerova 54, Prague 120 00, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #312 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Somerset
“Attention to detail could make all the difference”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just returned from a weekend in beautiful Prague and the Raffaello. Rooms were adequate, though no toiletries, just a hand soap dispenser in the shower. Breakfast was disappointing, lack of choice and ants crawling all over the food and back wall, enough to put you off. Found a distinct lack of atmosphere in the hotel, no bar or somewhere to relax after an evening out with a coffee.

But in all, good, clean (apart from ants) hotel and good location if you want to be somewhere a little quieter than the main square. A little attention to detail could make all the difference in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for the time dedicated in writing your feedback from your recent experience in Hotel Raffaello.
It saddens me to read that your expectations were not fulfilled and that you noticed a lack of attentiveness in the services and in the hotel atmosphere.
Regarding the mentioned issue at the breakfast, I would like to ínform you and the future guests that we have solving it and it should be fine. I really apologize for it, I already inform the housekeeping department to pay more and more attention to it most of all in this season.
Thank you very much for your comments and I hope we could have in the future a further chance to guarantee you a very plesant stay in any of the Garzotto Hotels.
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

As we had already viewed this hotel on Trip Advisor we knew what to expect, and as luck would have it we had room 504 (the one with the bedroom on the galleried floor). Two bathrooms and a sofa bed downstairs. As with most foreign hotels, the only downside is no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, but that was not a problem, as we were only there to sleep. The staff were friendly, and willing to help. Breakfast was varied, with most things that you would expect for a European break, even scrambled eggs! The hotel was on the main road, not far from the tram stops, but within walking distance from Wenceslas Square, and from there walking distance to all the major sights. I would definitely recommend this hotel to able bodied people, but not necessarily to people with walking difficulties, as the lift stops mid floors, so there are always a few stairs to climb.

Room Tip: Room 504 has plenty of space, but if it's raining, you can hear the dripping from the rooftop.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for your feedback.
I am very delighted to read about your nice experience and that we have met and exceeded your expectations.
We do have as room equipment the coffee/tea making facilities but it can be requested at the reception to our staff if you wish to have it. I am very happy you were satisfied with you choice and if our accommodation somehow contriuted to your pleasant stay in this beautiful city.
Regarding the recommendation, I thank you to make it clear once more: Hotel Raffaello has the lift but it is stopping at middle floor, which means that to reach any of your floor you need to make few steps, therefore the property is not suitable for people with serious walking difficulties.
Thank you and I wish I can welcome you back soon.
Turin, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I knew this hotel from an earlier trip to Prague, and that's why I decided to come back.
Been at Raffaello with friends, we booked a suite with 2 bathrooms, 3 beds and kitchen.
The suite was really nice and big, on 2 floors.
Okay, there was no remote control for the TV but, you know, when you are in vacation in such a beautiful city you won't spend much time watching TV, so the lack of the remote control was not a problem.
We asked for a room with kitchen in order to be able to cook something, and the kitchen was there: beautiful! Yeah the kitchen... but there where no dishes, no cutlery, no pots or pans... kitchen was completely unequipped!!!
We asked 3 times at the reception for some equipment but it took us 3 days in order to get 2 rusty pots and 3 dishes (from the breakfast room).
Also the shower at the lower floor of the suite had some problems with the drainage... as the water did not flow out.
For the rest... well breakfast was not terrific, the staff was nice and kind.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
First of all let me express my pleasure in having welcome you back, the Hotel Raffaello has been changed maangement in the last years but I am very glad that you renewed your choice.
It saddens me anyway to read that we have disappointed you in this occasion in few aspectzs and I guarantee that all these will be improved staright away. Please, accept my apologies for not finidng the remoter control I have already address it to the housekeeping team in order to avoid any future inconvenience. Regarding the kitchen equipment, it can be requested as you did at the reception and again I would like to extend my apologies for the lack of promptnes of our staff. It will not happen again.
I would like to have the chance to make it up for you and if you wish to discuss this any further please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. I would also like to invite you to consider once more our Hotel for an eventual future stay, I will be more than happy to assist you personally.

Elena Sartori
Public Relations Manager
public.relations@ghotels.cz
Rishon Lezion, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hotel Raffaello in Prague the First is the great location which it is 100-150 meters from metro and tram.

Great area with many bars, restuarants and fast food (to whom like it).

Romms are good and clean. The reception person was very kind and gave good service.

The hotel was in constructions during my visit and it is make the hotel different from what it is.

Breakfast was good (for my taste).

The elevator is very weird. She stop between floors.

Free internet and computer for free use on the lobby.

Good choise for visit Prague.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for choosing our Hotel Raffaello and for using your precious time to share the feedbacks about your stay with us.
I guess you were in our hotel during the winter periods, when we usually make general maintanance and improvements to the hotel. I hope there were no inconvenience to you and we could still guarantee you a pleasant stay.
I am delighted you appreciated the main services of the hotel and it makes me very happy to hear that our staff was kind and helpful. I will definetly inform them about your kind words.
Regarding the elevator, I would like to highlight that due to the historical structure of the building the elevator could only stops at middle floor.
I hope you will come to visit us again soon and I invite you to contact us directly for any future assistance.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We are an Australian family who has recently relocated to North Wales. We have travelled a lot.The strength of this hotel was the gracious, responsive and very helpful manner of the hotel personnel. This service element is very important to us. With regard to the hotel it is located in a great location with the metro and tram system just around the corner. It is about a 20 minute walk into the heart of Prague. We had an apartment on the 5th floor. It was spacious, comfortable and private. We quite liked the street scape sounds and the mezzanine- very European. The curious aspect was that although there was a good sized kitchenette with hot plate, sink and dining table the apartment did not have any cutlery, crockery or even a bottle opener. While there were tea and coffee making facilities in the reception area we think it would be more relaxing to access these in the apartment; especially after a tiring yet exhilarating day out exporing the beauty of this exquisite city. We found the breakfast fresh and satisfying and again the staff were very professional and focused. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who values friendly and welcoming service and clean, private and comfortable accomodation.

Room Tip: If you don't like the sounds of the city or limited views don't opt for a 5th floor apartm...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Raffaello, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,
thank you for your lovely review!
It is always a pleasure to welcome all your family in our hotel and we are delighted that you have appreciated our top floors apartments. Please allow me to extenbd my apologies for the lack of kitchen equipment in the apartments: all can be requested at the reception and it should be mention in a visible card set in the apartment. I will have an extra check of that and inform the housekeeping of it. I will make sure the information will be accessible for all. Thank you for your remark!
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I will be even happier to welcome you and all your family in your next trip to Prague.
Best regards,
Sunderland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel is clean, comfortable and well located. It is okay for a short stay. Breakfast is pretty poor with not a lot of choice. Would probably choose somewhere else if visiting Prague in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent experience with us.
I am pleased that you have enjoyed both the location and the room.
I will be happy if you could reach out me upon your convenience as I would like to collect any of your comments about the breakfast service: it is very important for us to improve our services and your opinion is for us essential to make the right improvements, in order for you and other travellers to consider us for a future stay.
You can contact me directly at public.relations@ghotels.cz
Your contribution would be extremely appreciated.
Thank you very much and best regards,
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

we stayed in march 13 and it was very good ,great location for the main sights and the tram routes also very nice resturant on the corner .The staff were very helpful and the breakfast very good the room was great we really enjoyed our time there and prague very cold but very nice people along with a fantastic hotel made our holiday .mr & mrs m uk

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for your lovely review.
It was our pleasure to welcome you in our Hotel and I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us in Prague.
On behalf of all the team, we all look forward to welcoming you soon.
Best regards,

Been to Hotel Raffaello? Share your experiences!