“Na Zamecku, Prague” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Na Zamecku

You added Na Zamecku to your Saves list
Na Zamecku
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Zabehlicka 35/133, Prague 106 00, Czech Republic (Praha 10)   |
Ranked #614 of 663 Hotels in Prague
Katowice, Poland
“Na Zamecku, Prague”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

Me and my partner were really satisfied with our stay in that hotel. Our room was really nice, everything was really clean and looked as in the pictures from the Internet. The hotel service was very good. Breakfasts were OK.
We had very easy access to the city centre. In the mornings, after the breakfast we were taking the free hotel bus to get there (about 15minutes) but we were coming back with the public trasport late at night which also wasn't a big problem (the bus station is right next to the hotel)

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Hellas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

At first, staff was never friendly,and they served us by force! They were unaware of English! Breakfast has a few options and dinner was disappointing. the rooms were too small and too dirty. Under the bed we found a pill, much fluff and broken eye shadow! They Changed the sheets after 3 days and some people do not ever change! The same happened with towels. Also in the rooms there is no mini bar as they say on the information. This hotel is truly awful! I will not visit ever again in my life! NEVER! The same applies to you! Definitely not worth 4 stars! I wish to make brief review of the classification of this hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2010
Costa Blanca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

From the moment we arrived, tired and hungry, the staff went out of they way to make sure we were made comfortable and were fed, even though the restaurant was full and we had not booked dinner. The restaurant manager laid a special table for us and made sure we had everything we wanted. This happened on more than one occassion!
The reception staff helped us organise our trips and booked a dinner cruise for us.

I would whole-heartedly recommend this hotel!

Roger Tunstall
rs.tunstall@gmail.com

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
West Midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Firstly I dont want this review to sound negative. I think its easiest to read this review with the thought that if I was told I was going to be staying in this hotel again I would have no issue with this.

It is worth noting that when we arrived at the hotel we were the only guests. During our 5 day stay a few other guests arived so the hotel was very quiet. We never used the hotels facilities so I can not comment on them.

The hotel is nice. Rooms are of a good size and well kept. I would however equate them to a large travel lodge style room which isnt my opinion of 4*.

Breakfast was a bit hit and miss. Either the hotel struggled to judge the ammount of food needed for small numbers of guests or the other guests were very greedy. Since we always went down late for breakfast I never worked this out.

Staff were great. Again the small numbers of guests may have resulted in them being able to spend extra time on us but they dealt with everything we asked of them and more. Nothing was too much trouble.

The hotel is located next to a small local bar but that is about it locally. As you leave the hotels car park if you turn left and walk for 30 minutes or so (through what doesnt appear the nicest area in the world) you will reach a shoping centre which has a couple of places to eat but I found nothing else in the area.

This is the hotels greatest flaw. Prague has so much culture you dont want to be restricted by your hotels location. Public transport operating times resulted in us getting taxi's back to the hotel as we wanted to visit Pragues Jazz bars etc which are open untill the early hours.

If (or rather when) I visit Prague again I will look into staying in the city at an apartment. On previous city breaks I have stayed on the city's outskirts and have found this to only add to the expierence but this time it sadly wasnt the case.

As a tip for those who read this and who have never visited Prague it is worth noting Prague is not known for its food. Considering how cheap beer is food is expensive and not of great quality so just another reason to get an appartment and have the option to cook for yourself.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

We booked this hotel along with another couple, we flew from Bristol, approx 2 hours flight with Easy Jet. We stayed 4 nights.
I had organised a private taxi to and from the Hotel.
Apart from the taxi driver going to the Hotel at 140km/hour, 10 foot behind the car in front, both trips worked out fine.
We asked for non-smoking rooms, although I am a smoker, don't like to sleep in that atmosphere. we were given a room with balcony, so I could smoke out there, brilliant !!

We quite liked the out of town location, nice and quiet; it gave us a chance to sample to local public transport which for us just added to the break. A bus stop litteral outside the hotel, which took you dirctly to the underground station.
The hotel also provides a courtesy return mini bus every day to the city centre.

There are a couple of pubs within very easy walking, you can have a meal at both, the one next door was very similar in style to a UK pub.

We ate at the hotel one evening, the mail was very good and the price was reasonable.

Overall, our break was very enjoyable and I would recommend this hotel to anybody that doesn't need to be right in the centre of things,

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Devon England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

We were given flights and 3 night stay at this hotel as gift from family, so had no control over any booking..Hotel much too far out of city to allow frequent travel in and out, but hotel did offer free shuttle - in at 0940hrs, return at 1800hrs, (half hour each way). Hotel very quiet, no atmosphere, praque people haven't heard of customer service, or how to smile! Had we been in city hotel, we could have walked out in evenings and had unlimited choice of restaurants and nightlife etc. Hotel food very boring and overpriced, I wouldn't recommend this hotel as any first choice, but I see reviews show different to our views..That said, Prague is a beautiful city and very interesting!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

I was originally supposed to stay at this hotel's sister hotel, Hotel Michael, but when I arrived at the other, they were overbooked and paid for a taxi for us to get to this hotel, gave us this hotel at the same rate, and gave us some beers while we were waiting for the taxi. Very nice customer service, and that continued at the hotel na zamecku.

I am glad that we were changed, as the location of Hotel na Zamecku, although out of the city centre, was much easier to get to and from than Hotel Michael. There are buses from right outside the hotel door that go to the green metro line (A) and then you just ride the metro to the city centre. It was very very easy to manoeuvre and inexpensive.

I also liked being outside the city centre because the price of food and drink in this neighbourhood were lower than the city centre. The pub right next door to the hotel sells a pint of beer for 21 ks, just about 80 cent (Euro). We also went to a 'non-stop' pub (it stays open later than the pubs that close at 11:30) a few streets away that charged just 19 ks for a beer. The locals there were very welcoming, perhaps surprised that tourists had found their heavy-metal loving local pub!

As for the hotel itself, it is just fine. The staff were pleasant and helpful, the breakfast is ample and tasty, and the shower is hot and powerful. They don't provide a double bed unfortunately, so we had two single beds pressed together and two single duvets. That is a bit disappointing. The room was very warm but the window opened so that helped get a decent temperature. The TV has German, Czech and Spanish language stations, but unfortunately no English-speaking ones except MTV. The room was reasonably spacious with two seats and a desk as well as the bed, and a nice warm spacious bathroom. A nice touch in the hotel is a computer that guests can use free of charge for the internet. It is in a small room near the front desk, and I never had to wait to use it. Very helpful.

Overall we were pleased with our stay. The rate was extremely reasonable (about 42 euro per night for the room and two breakfasts) and the few disappointments didn't really matter at that price. The room is comfortable, clean and safe, and the hotel is easy to get to, and I would recommend it.

• Liked — value for money
  • Disliked — no double beds
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)