“Charming hotel in prime location” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT, SAVE 25%
Ranked #42 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Los Angeles, California
“Charming hotel in prime location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Prime location. Short walk to major sights. Near Charles Bridge. Got a terrific room with a river and castle view. Double windows insulated against street noise. Very friendly and helpful staff. Wonderful breakfast included.

Room Tip: Our room looked out at river and castle. That really made our stay special. Also, room was good si...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Prague. I agree with you that our Castle View rooms are very special with that great view of Prague Castle and are truly my favorite as well. Best regards to sunny California!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The location is good, the breakfast is typical except there is a better selection of fruit. The front desk staff are very helpful. We stayed in room 402 and the air circulation was poor (a fan was provided), two tiny windows at ceiling height provided some natural light, the slanting ceiling meant you could not sit on the bed to read, I'd asked for a twin room but this room has a king sized bed. I hadn't really planned on sharing a bed. If you are offered room 402 look at other hotels before you decide.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 402 and I would not recommend it. Poor air circulation, two tiny windows at ceilin...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us during your last trip to Prague. Our hotel is located in a historical building and as such we can say that all our rooms are very different in terms of look and size. Room 402 is a little bit on the smaller side, but personally I find it very cozy. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy it as much as we would hope to. We always suggest to all our guests to book us directly through our website as this way we have a direct control of the reservation and can react to any special request and I would like all future guests to let us know ahead shall they have any bed preferences. Once again, we truly appreciate your feedback.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Leonardo in Prague is an elegant and beautiful boutique hotel nestled in a small, quiet street minutes from Charles Bridge. Hotel and rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortably large.

The location: Fabulous! It's a 10 minute walk to all the major attractions. Couple of nice restaurants and bars in the same street. Hemingways Bar is literally 6 steps from the hotel.

We stayed in the Junior Suite overlooking the courtyard. Tucked away as it is, not a sound filters in during the night. The AC works overtime - we kept having to turn it down as it could get freezing!

Breakfast was great. Nice selection of cold cuts, cereals, eggs (on order at no extra cost), coffee and teas.

Staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

Perhaps the only word of caution would be to young travellers. I felt that this was a hotel that appealed to an older section of people.

Overall, it was a fabulous stay! Special thanks and mention to Frantisek (both of them!) and Miroslav!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments about our team and your stay in Prague. Frantisek is our guest services manager and his job is to look out for any specific requests guest might have so it is great to hear he provided you with great great service.
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

we have stayed in hotel leonardo btw 3-6 of july with my girlfriend. it was really a great experience. i am thirty years old and i have stayed in many hotels from big luxury hotel chains to small aparts, in Turkey and also in several European cities; Berlin, London, Athens, Warsaw etc. This was probably my best hotel experience..

first of all hotel's price is really good relative to things it possess. f it is in a great location. it is literally in the middle of everything you would want to see. and it is not just at the center of old town which is good because from what i have seen square of old town is really noisy. hotel is at a nice street and also on that street there some great restaurants and bars.
our trip began with pick-up from the airport by the hotel arranged car. car was a great audi and our driver Miroslav was also a very friendly and kind man. then we have arrived at the hotel and not waited for a second because our room was ready as it should be. concierge helped us and suggested places to visit and took us to our room. our room was great. even it was the standard room, it was huge, really clean and well furnished. in addition breakfast was also good and satisfying. and the best part is you can have your berakfast at the beatiful cour by the fountain. by the way hotel's restaurant/bar seems to be good. i didn't have anything to eat, but had a few drinks, service was great.

as i said best part of the hotel leonardo is that its team is really hardworking, helpful and friendly in a sincere way. their attitude is really towards to make your stay better. let me give you two examples. firstly one of days of our stay was my birthday and hotel team made us a really kind surprise by sending a bottle of champagne to our room even we didn't tell them it was my birthday. the probably just realized that over my passport copy and cared enough to make polite gesture. i really felt good. secondly at one of the nights we got really hungry after 11 pm . it was our first time to prague so we didn't know it wasn't easy to find some decent food at that hour. concierge did everything to help us at that late hour. at last we decided to buy a ready to serve noodle from the market near the hotel. when we needed hot water for the noodle and concierge boiled the water for us.

----also that will be my only suggestion to hotel; perhaps there can be some cold sandwiches (and cakes maybe) to be served&sold to who are hungry at late hours like us :). but as i said this was a general situation, not only hotel's restaurant, every restaurant's/cafe/bar's kitchen was closed. so this is not a complaint.-----

i want to thank the hotel leonardo team for a great stay. they are really the best at their jobs. i will definitely come to prague again and one thing i will never look for is my accommodation, because i know the best place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am thrilled to read such a great feedback about your stay with us here in Prague. I am very proud of my team for delivering this fantastic memories for your visit and once you coming back, please let us know directly so we can build up on your experience again. All the best and thank you for taking the time to write such a long feedback!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague. Location is next to Charles Bridge, local
Restaurants and bars. Great front desk staff. Breakfast one of the best .
Rooms roomy and clean. Air conditioned with a stand- fan.
The garden area was beautiful with loads of sitting chairs.
Dinner and bar service in the garden.
Would certainly stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback of Hotel Leonardo during your last stay in Prague. I am thrilled to hear you did have so much fun with us in Prague and truly enjoyed our hotel. We hope to welcome you back again.
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Leonardo and we loved every minute of it! The location can't be beat and staff is terrific. We booked a car to pick us up at the airport....I was coming from Los Angeles by way of Frankfurt and my daughter was coming from Rome after concluding her summer program. My in bound flight was delayed and I missed my connection and my daughters flight was delayed. Since I didn't have a cell phone, I sent a quick email from the Frankfurt airport as I was running to catch the nest flight telling Tomas Nesvorny, the manager, about the snafu. When I landed, the driver waited at the terminal even though we were late, connected with my daughter who arrived before me and both were waiting for me as I exited the terminal. After 12+ hrs traveling, I was so relieved I almost cried! To top it off, when we arrived at the hotel, our room was upgraded!

The breakfast was fantastic (I'm still dreaming of the warm chocolate croissants!) and the front desk staff were warm, helpful, and friendly. Krystyna at the front desk was even kind enough to help me book train tickets to our next stop. I can't think of anything to improve our experience!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Courtney M, thank you for your kind words about our service. I am thrilled to hear we did make your stay in Prague so great, especially after traveling all the way from the other side of the planet. As things happen, we always try to adjust our pick up service and this time even though it was a lot of action, it worked out fine. We always suggest for our guest to book us directly over our website as we have a guest services manager who tries to reach out to all guest who booked us directly ahead to find out all preferences and special things we can help with. Once again, thank you for coming and hope you made it home safe and had fun with your daughter!
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Easy walk to all main Prague spots. Breakfast is outstanding for quality, variety and quantity. Rooms are typical small as usual in Europe and few things require more maintenance attention. Staff kind and available.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and your feedback. We are located in a historical building and as such all our rooms are very different. Some are smaller then others, but overall I would say we have fairly large rooms, especially our Superior rooms and Junior Suites. We have several programs in place in terms of preventive maintenance and I am sorry to hear that overall you did not feel it was 100% as this Year we exchanged so many things and just now for example finishing changing new showers in the hotels as well. We hope to welcome you back!

Been to Hotel Leonardo Prague? Share your experiences!