“Long weekend stay in Prague” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Leonardo Prague

You added Hotel Leonardo Prague to your Saves list
Hotel Leonardo Prague
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karoliny Svetle 27, Prague 1, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT, SAVE 25%
Ranked #46 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Solihull, England, United Kingdom
“Long weekend stay in Prague”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Excellent hotel, friendly staff, perfect location....the ideal hotel for us for a long weekend stay in Prague. This hotel is within walking distance of the 10 top places to see in Prague. I even had a nice surprise, a complimentary 1/2 bottle of Champagne for my birthday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Dave, I am thrilled you had such a great time with us in Prague at Hotel Leonardo. We do try to surprise our guests for their birthdays the same way, we would want to be surprised ourselves and I am glad we could make your stay in Prague with us special. All the best from Prague again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hotel Leonardo is a wonderful place to stay if you're visiting Prague. Excellent staff, comfortable accommodation, wonderful food and superb location by the river.
Only niggle was music played in the inner courtyard from 7am in the morning - not good if have a room overlooking the courtyard!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade and get one overlooking the river if possible. Part of the hotel still being refu...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
I am thrilled to hear you had such a great stay with us in Prague at our boutique Hotel Leonardo.
We already fixed the problem with the music on the courtyard and also we will exchange all windows into the courtyard to avoid this issue in the next month. As you noted, we constantly work on improving the hotel and exchanged various carpets, furniture and other things that our guest are telling us. We have new sofas coming as well now in March to ensure all triple rooms have fantastic beds even for the 3rd bed. We always offer best available rates through our own booking engine on our website and our guest services manager is also contacting guests prior to arrival to ensure a great stay in Prague.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Leonardo for two nights this week while on a solo business trip. I arrived prior to my room being ready so enjoyed a delicious lunch in the restaurant - just as I finished, a member of staff came to find me to inform me that the room was ready and everything was arranged. All members of staff speak excellent English and on several occasions I heard other languages spoken as well. The hotel is immaculate and so beautifully decorated - sophisticated, arty, and yet comfortable and homely all in one. My room was a Classic room, still furnished to a high standard with all the facilities I needed. Although milk is not provided as standard with the tea/coffee etc, on mentioning this at Reception I was immediately given a mug full of fresh milk to put in the fridge in the room.
Sadly I did not give myself enough time to enjoy the full delights of the excellent breakfast buffet, as I had a taxi booked to my business meeting (kindly booked by Reception) and so made it a quick visit - but even so I had time to see the vast array of choices available. On my second morning I did have some more time (just a little!) and managed a bit more than toast on the go!
As I discovered a fellow conference colleague was staying at the hotel, we enjoyed drinks at the bar and on my second night, a full meal. Portions are very generous and the food is excellent quality - my ravioli was delicious and as for the chocolate mousse... well, prepare yourself for chocolate heaven! If you expect a small bowl of mousse, think again as you will not be prepared for the culinary artistic delight which appears before you.
My room was beautifully quiet and extremely comfortable, both in terms of furniture and temperature. The bathroom was sparkling and good quality washing products are supplied. My room had a little 'hallway' just inside the main door, offering a large wardrobe (containing a safe) thus providing a nice dressing room area for privacy should it be needed as the door to the main bedroom can be shut and access to the bathroom allowed.
It was extremely helpful to be able to log into the wifi (at no extra cost, some UK hotels please take note) and access my emails and internet, with no connection problems - indeed, it was very fast.
My only problem was that I was not able to stay longer! I did have a little time to walk around the incredibly beautiful city - within moments of the hotel - but the nature of my visit meant I could not spend much time enjoying the sights during daylight hours!
I hope to return to Prague for a pleasure visit with my partner, and will undoubtedly be aiming to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I am thrilled to hear we did deliver such a fantastic service to you and your conference while in Prague. If you coming back, please please let us know in advance so we can take fantastic care of you again. We always offer best available rates through our own booking engine on our website and our guest services manager is also contacting guests prior to arrival to ensure a great stay in Prague.
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel staff were more than helpful, they all spoke good English and the majority spoke additional languages. The hotel was very well maintained and extremely clean. All rooms had individual heating/air con so the temperature can be set what ever your needs. We opted for a duplex room with a castle view and it was worth ever penny. Warning if your over 5"8" watch your head when coming down the stairs! we had a few bangs. The room had a every thing we needed and included a bed turn down service, chocolates and a weather card for the following day were dropped off each evening at approx 1700 hrs. Towels are changed daily if requested, bedding is a full change or on request. The free Wifi is excellent and holds a strong signal throughout the hotel.
Breakfast was included in our room fee and was a self service buffet, with unlimited visits for pastries, cereal, fruit, cheese, cold meats, full english type breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit juices. Breakfast can also be delivered to the room for an additional charge.
The bar only seems to be busy over the weekend free drink cards are available for down loading the hotel app, also if your in a VIP room, again great service in the bar and the prices reflect the norm of prague.
When paying by credit card you can opt to pay in £ or CZH. Paying in £ saves a little on the exchange rate. They also offered cheaper rates going direct, but honestly shop around, it seems to be cheaper via booking.com than direct to the hotel.
Check out is 1200, late check out is available but only confirmed on day of departure, usually free until 1400 ad for a small fee for later departures. There is secure storage which is operated on a ticket system, so only hotel staff enter.
Location is just set back from the main road 150 meters south of Charles Bridge. 5 - 10 mins from the main square.
Staff 10/10, hotel 10/10, price 10/10. Would stay there again whenever I visit Prague.
The hotel has its own taxi which is about £5 more expensive for the airport run than prague airport transfers (available to book online).

Room Tip: Duplex rooms have castle views, and no street noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Hotel Leonardo Prague, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Rita501, thank you so much for your lovely constructive feedback and describing our product. I have to say that Duplex Maisonette Rooms are my favorite as well. Also good to hear your WIFI was excellent as we had some issues in that area and were changing the layout of the access points so great we know now it works. This week we have also exchanged sofa beds in the maisonette castle view rooms so image how much more comfortable they are again. As you noted we have a new credit card provider and they allow what we call dynamic conversion when if you pay in your own currency that your card is issued, it guarantees you best exchange rate. I tried this myself and it really works. Also for direct bookings over our own website, we do offer small privileges like free late check out so we do invite all guests to use this privilege if they book us directly. Thank you for staying with us and all the best from sunny Prague!
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Just got back from beautiful Prague, what a lovely city! My previous visit was 25 years ago, in a totally different era. The city has transformed into a beauty with its well-restored buildings and atmosphetic cobbled streets. The stay was made even more pleasant with Leonardo hotel, which is a stone's throw from all the main attractions, a central yet quiet location. The hotel truly deserves its four stars. The room we stayed in was one of the most beautiful ever with its wooden-beamed ceiling and lots of space in every direction. Comfy beds, excellent wi-fi. The only minus was the a bit too high temperature of the room: since there were only roof windows ( couldn't be opened) there was no chance of cooling the temperature by letting in fresh air. The staff explained that the air-con was not in operation in the winter months. The fan they brought was useful. A versatile breakfast with also cooked items, you could even order an omelette to your liking!
Would really recommend Leonardo!

Room Tip: The windows can't be opened in all rooms, so if you prefer one, you should check before booking.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the style of our boutique hotel here in Prague and the variety our rooms and the building offers. You are right, the A/C does not work in Winter month, this is normal and if it gets hot like this Winter, it is not a matter of just turning it on as it one can say sleeps for the winter. Even some of our rooms have skylights, there are still mechanisms to open windows so I am sorry to hear you could not do that. Anyhow, I am happy you had fun here with us and wish you safe travels.
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Your receptionist David is one of the best receptor in the world. Every year I stay at around 15 hotels (i work in tourism, but this hotel has really high standards and great customer service.
And because of friendly staff I give you a five star. Even if I am very very difficult guest.

And Monika on booking is also very professional and can understand all the needs of customers and always find a way to satisfy a customer.

Leonardo Hotel, you are the best, I will definitely come again and again and again....

Because of you experience in Prague is perfect, even if I came just to work..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I am thrilled to hear you had such a great stay with us in Prague and your kind words about Monika and David. It is always great once a guest takes the time to recognize our team members. We hope to see you back if your travels bring you back to Prague. We now always offer best available rates while booking directly over our website.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Just back from a very enjoyable weekend in Prague staying at the Hotel Leonardo. The hotel is very conveniently located close to Charles Bridge and is in easy walking distance to all the main Prague attractions. The staff are very helpful and take time to explain everything to you, they will book theatre tickets or taxis no problem. The hotel is spotlessly clean, even in the public areas.
The room we had was a 4th floor "Castle View Maisonette" over 2 floors, the room was nice and big and we had a nice welcome fruit bowl and voucher for free welcome drinks. The view from the room was slightly disappointing, yes you could see the castle but my wife had to sit on the 4th step to be able to see out of the window as they are set into the roof. My only real criticism of the room was the lack of lighting, it could do with a light over the stairs as if you need to get up in the middle of the night to go down to the loo you either have to but the light on above the bed or tackle the stairs in the dark.
Breakfast is probably the best I have had in a European hotel for a long time 10 out of 10
We arranged for the hotel taxi to pick us up from the airport and to take us back, this service was spot on no waiting, thank you.
If you need wifi that is free in all areas (including your room).
We would have no hesitation in going back but would probably try and get a room on the 3rd floor as I think they must have a better view of the castle without the need to stretch your neck.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay here in Prague in our Castle View Maisonette Rooms. Our staff is great and I am very proud of my team to read over and over in guest comments how great service they are able to provide. I personally find the view ok taking into consideration the size and layout of the room, but I do understand what you are saying as it might not be the same for everyone, it still is a roof window. Superb to know you loved our breakfast and taxi services as well, I agree it is simple to use them and we try to include them in our small team so they are able to provide good service like we do. Glad you liked our direct booking privileges as well and welcome drinks we provide, we always try to recognize guests that book with us direct. We would love to see you back soon!