“Outstanding Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #172 of 661 Hotels in Prague
New York City, New York
“Outstanding Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over Christmas holidays. Simple, clean, modern rooms, free adequate breakfast. Convenient location to the city center and near several tram lines. Normally, I would have rated this four stars, but for the rock bottom price we paid (booked directly through hotel, buy 3 get 1 free night offer), I had to bump it up back to 5 stars. Excellent price to quality ratio.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Estcourt, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Hotel Petr comes highly recommended if you plan to visit Prague. It is well situated, close to bus and tram stops, restaurants and a shopping mall, yet quiet enough to ensure a good night's sleep after a busy day of sight seeing. The hotel staff members are very friendly and helpful. We could exchange money, buy travel tickets and book tickets for the opera at the reception and found this to be very convenient. Breakfasts were very good with some variety, which we enjoyed. Comfortable beds, spotless rooms and good wifi completed the picture. We would like to recommend this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: We had two rooms and both were great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bremerton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and found it very convenient. It is only 2 blocks from trams that are useful to go into central Prague. It is also close enough to walk to the Karl's Bridge. There are plenty of restaurants and pubs within walking distance as well. The facilities are clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

it is a very nice 3-star accommodation with kind service and good location.
Thank you very much for everything.
We had booked over a German operator and this booking included one free night. We stayed there for four nights. Every day we had there a good time. The staff was kind and helpful. I was in Prague for several times now and this was the best 3-star hotel regarding the complete offer. (price, services, location, staff, breakfast)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our room at hotel Petr was spotlessly clean, comfortable, and above all value for money. The continental breakfast was good with a wide range to choose from and the staff were very helpful. It was in a quiet location next to Kinksy gardens and a brisk 20 minute walk from Charles Bridge. I would recommend it and I would stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in a three person room on the 3rd floor which although the single bed was a bit small was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is small, clean and located on a quiet street close to public transportation. The beds, typcial for Europe, were comfortable and we slept well. The breakfast buffet included eggs, a variety of breads, yogurts, cereals, fruit and more. Coffee and cocoa were plentiful and available beyond breakfast hours.
We had 4 wonderful days in Prague before learning that Hurricane Sandy had cancelled our flight into JFK. Everyone sprang into action, including Tomasz and the staff at Hotel Petr. They kept us informed about rescheduled flights and, at the time of our departure from the hotel (4:30 AM), had coffee ready in the lobby, our boarding passes printed, and two breakfasts ready and packaged for travel. Is it any wonder we are happy about the care and hospitality at the Hotel Petr?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My mother and I had a wonderful time in the Czech Republic with the Road Scholar Program. Tomasz the proprieter and all of the staff were wonderfully hospitable and welcoming. I slept very well in the comfortable bed and the towels were thick and soft. I really enjoyed the little tea set and hot pot and mini-fridge that was blissfully empty. One night my mother and I were not up to joining the group for dinner so we got snacks from the store and drank tea with the tea set and enjoyed our own company.
I also appreciated the fact that when I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door the housekeeping staff left my room alone. This is important to me because I believe that cleaning my room daily is a waste of time and energy. I would definitely recommend Hotel Petr to anyone wanting a good place to stay in Prague.

Room Tip: The rooms on my side of the hallway did not seem to have a very good wi-fi signal. I carried my mac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Petr? Share your experiences!